PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to help me put the EMag solenoid and a Morlock into a Y-Grip?

LudavicoSoldier
12-16-2003, 08:07 AM
So I love my Y-Grip. But I want an EMag. Here is the basic idea:

1. Do away with the HES and put a microswitch in.
2. Mount the EMag solenoid in the frame (doable I think, with a little milling and a custom bracket).
3. Mount the Morlock (probably the easiest part of this project)
4. Mill the frame to make it accept an EMag battery pack. (I have seen this done with Booyah frames.)

Basically what I need is a person with some EMag/milling knowhow. Kila? I know you have done some interesting EMag work, have nay suggestions? I am going to post this in the Tech Forum as well. Thanks for any/all help!

badtoyz
12-16-2003, 08:15 AM
I am thinking of doing this with my Logic Vert frame. I am getting CoolHand to make me a adapter to put the battery housing on the rail insted of the frame like emags do.

LudavicoSoldier
12-16-2003, 08:19 AM
Hmmm...I might be in the market for one of those adaptors too. Let me know how it goes.

-Dan

cphilip
12-16-2003, 08:46 AM
Where you gonna put the Emag sear with plunger rod into that stock Automag rail? And where you gonna run the battery wires down that same rail?

Assuming all the rest could be done you gotta deal with that. And even if you mount the Selenoid in somehow its not going to be at the optimal angle to activate that plunger rod and sear. Its going to have to be somehow adjusted to compensate for the new agle its activating it from.

badtoyz
12-16-2003, 09:10 AM
if you have a ule rail you can run the wires through there mine will be on a rtp/emag rail. with the y-grip i dont think you could put it on the right angle.
but with the vert i think it could be done just with a bit more milling

LudavicoSoldier
12-16-2003, 09:33 AM
I am getting a RogueRail soon, so that should take care of that prob. I'll have to get ahold of an EMag solenoid to test fit it. Anyone know what model nubmer they are/where I could get one?

badtoyz
12-16-2003, 09:42 AM
spleefstylez the AGD store has them or PM Tunaman for stuff like that

Fixion
12-16-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by badtoyz
spleefstylez the AGD store has them or PM Tunaman for stuff like that

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy it from some other place? (the manufacturer perhaps?)

LudavicoSoldier
12-16-2003, 01:51 PM
The prices from AGD are not bad:

Solenoid - $40
Battery Housing - $40
Sear Assembly - $55
Solenoid Mount - $10

LudavicoSoldier
12-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Sweeeeet. Thanks Rogue, always the helpful one. :D