PDA

View Full Version : E-mag vs. Generation E-matrix vs. Angel Speed

twizzler
12-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Just as it says E-mag vs. Generation E-matrix vs. Angel Speed? Paintball Gear.com has all 3 for $799, I was just curious tho know what you guys think i should get.
Their E-mag i was told comes with a ULE body and x-valve
Here's a link to the page of the E-mag:http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-1202.html

Here's the page of LED matrix
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-2401.html

Here's the page for the speed.
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-0730.html

Let me know what you guys thing i SHould get. Thanks

bunkermaster10
12-16-2003, 09:49 AM
I like the speed A WHOLE LOT. The trix is crazy fast no kick and sales pretty good and can trade it for basically anything nice. The emag is pretty sweet also. IMO go for the speed if u ain't going to sell it and the trix if u know u are going to sell it in the future probably.

hAppy
12-16-2003, 10:21 AM
i guess speeds are good, but they're used prices are dropping madly, angels are no longer the best guns like they were 5 years ago, stay away from them.

matrixs are fast and no kick, but to me i thought it was kinda heavy. 17 orings is a lot of orings...

i actually love my emag! its fast and its sexy

~WarpedRT#2~
12-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Bah, what do you mean Angels arent the guns they used to be? The Speed is a new gun, the prices just arent what they used to be. Go for the Speed. At it's low price right now, you can get a fantastic marker and you may not ever want to get rid of it.

magman007
12-16-2003, 01:14 PM
i thnk i am the most qualified to answer this question, as i have owned all 3, and am currently sitting here with my speed.... if that tells you any thing.

the e-mag was great, quick, and couldnt break balls... but efficiency lacked, and something about the trigger prevented me from firing at my max.

the trix, well i loved it. It was a lil heavy, bu the speed and efficiency was there, the trigger was mad easy. The reason i let go of my trix, is that DYE started crapping on all of us old trix owners. they shut down all the aftermarket makers, and manufacturers with cease and desist orders. I have seen dye fail at making a good inline reg, just think how much they could mess up a matrix bolt?

the speed now, is quick, lightning quick. very efficient, and it is light. It is an angel people, and you saying angels arent the best they used to be, is crap. The timmy works on the same design,so does the vik, the imp etc. Just realize that WDP is the only company to have stayed with the same baisic opperating platform, so that must mean they are doin something right.

bunkermaster10
12-16-2003, 01:18 PM
Yea I think WDP makes the best markers IMO. I love them, they are the easiest marker ever. All you do is turn it on and bam your ready to go. I love angels....:)

Branchvillian
12-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Speed-VERY fast, and reliable. There a lttle long in my opinion though.
Trix-INSANLEY FAST, gas hog, heavy, not the easiest to maintain, but pretty reliable.
E-Mag-Without ULE it is heavy, gas hog, VERYY fast, light with ULE, reliable, easy to maintain, pretty steady shots over the chrono.

I would say, narrow your choices down to an E-Mag or a trix.

Rope a Dope
12-16-2003, 01:21 PM
I own an Angel Speed and a ULE E-Mag

Both are awesome guns, before the Speed had the edge in Speed over my E-Mag, then came the 3.2 software... yeah that closed that gap.

It's a hard choice to say which one I like more. The Speed is WAY more efficient on air than the E-Mag but I can finish all my pods and hopper on a 68/4500 so I'm not worried, I top off after every game. My E-Mag is smaller and more compact and I don't need a special tool kit to work on it either, that's if I ever have to work on it.

SENSI works great and I use a Halo on my Speed and have never chopped a ball, EVER, despite what some fartknocker said on the net that had an old Halo A and a Speed, they work fine, I have two Halo B's and they both work on my Speed and I have put my Halos on 4 different Speeds (popular gun with my buddies) and they all worked fine which made them buy Halos and they have never chopped.. so this is all a myth about Halo's not working on Speeds.

Hard choice.. I think with the 3.2 software the E-Mag has the edge on Speed now, I just find it hard to walk the trigger on my E-mag compared to my Speed. I wanna get a blade trigger and see if that changes.

bunkermaster10
12-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Rope a Dope

I just find it hard to walk the trigger on my E-mag compared to my Speed. I wanna get a blade trigger and see if that changes.

Reason I haven't bought a emag yet. I need something that is very walkable.

Branchvillian
12-16-2003, 01:40 PM
I have mine set up just like the trigger on my buddys speed, it's just as easy, if not easier for me to walk. You can pretty much set up the trigger to mimic most every gun on the market.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-16-2003, 04:45 PM
now...throw all 3 markers in the middle of the atlantic ocean.

Matrix - FRIED
Speed - FRIED
E-Mag - FRIED BUT MECHANICAL MODE STILL WORKS!

tony3
12-16-2003, 05:00 PM
thats your defense to everything snyper, do you play in the atlantic ocean often?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-16-2003, 05:05 PM
nahz. it's the first ocean that pops up in my head

Rope a Dope
12-16-2003, 05:14 PM
By that logic I guess the best gun would be a National Survival Game Splatmaster due to it's plastic construction would out survive all three in the salty ocean.

:)

Does the Atlantic ocean have a compressor and airball yet?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-16-2003, 05:34 PM
a floating paintball field.......
a cruise ship with a paintball field on it...

Wonder if it will ever happen

FalconGuy016
12-16-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh man... a paintball cruise ship... that would rock

joshweinerhead
12-16-2003, 05:41 PM
get the trix

BajaBoy
12-16-2003, 06:39 PM
i own an xmag.... and shot a speed..

i would pick the emag only Bc i know how to work on them. Otherwise speed.

felony
12-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Again with throwing the markers into the ocean..:rolleyes:

aye caramba

Dont let that sway you. Just cause you can't throw a speed into the ocean, doesnt mean you shouldnt get one. Markers arent made to break. Pick up what you want, take care of it, and dont throw it into the ocean, and it will treat you well

dan

laxkid
12-16-2003, 08:13 PM
that emag actually comes with xvalve and ule body and 3.2 software I think if you order the vert feed chrome one. or the trix make a pole and see what wins.

hAppy
12-16-2003, 08:26 PM
what i meant is, angels are all hype, you get noob hands grabbin at it and stuff.

its just like that when i had an angel, those damn noobs at my school crowded around to grab it and ****, but there are other guns out there i rather own.

but i must admit they are good guns, but they re way overrated

Ov3rmind
12-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by xXhAppyAznXx
what i meant is, angels are all hype, you get noob hands grabbin at it and stuff.

its just like that when i had an angel, those damn noobs at my school crowded around to grab it and ****, but there are other guns out there i rather own.

but i must admit they are good guns, but they re way overrated
You brought your Angel to school?

hAppy
12-17-2003, 12:33 AM
hahahaha naw naw

long story short
-paintball club
-paintball club paintball event
-noobs everywhere
-ooooows and ahhhhss

DiRTyBuNNy
12-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

You brought your Angel to school?

Yes...didn't you have show-and-tell time in your elementary school class too?

maglover52
12-17-2003, 01:00 AM
matrix hands down. i had an emag then i got my matrix my emag was a piece of crap sompared to the matrix. matrix was faster, more reliable, lighter, better looking, it had ace, no stupid lvl10 to mess with its awsome i have now sold my emag and my matrix and my cocker are nicer in my eyes and expierience. now onto angel speeds. my friend just got an angel speed. he shot it some then went to take his hopper off and it ripped the feedneck right off just stripped the threads clean. not the hopper went in not very hard at all. and he hates it its slow compared to his eblade cocker he says and many people have that same feedneck problems.

bunkermaster10
12-17-2003, 01:15 AM
Yep my friends feedneck broke the thrid time of him using it. It strips really really easy. The feednecks are a piece of crap.