PDA

View Full Version : HELP...My mag's got a minor problem..

lbonettosd
12-16-2003, 01:29 PM
I hoping some one can point me in the right direction. I have a classic mag that ever once in a while it will fire one ball when I pull the trigger and another when i realease it. Sometimes the ball that gets shot on the release doesn't have any velocity behind it and just lobs. This only happens once in a while, usaully shortly after i charge the gun with air. I'd like to think it would be something really simple with the on/off valve, like a lube problem, or perhaps its my trigger finger (i am a little rusty after all). If you have any suggestions please let me know.

BD_Paintball
12-16-2003, 02:05 PM
is you sear new or is it worn and old. it could be that the sear is worn and not catching all the way. if you know some one with a sear try his and see if it does the same thing.

athomas
12-17-2003, 10:34 AM
Check that the screws holding the body and valve are tight. Definately check the sear for signs of wear.

PyRo
12-17-2003, 11:13 PM
So, any luck?

I think bolt wear might do this to you too. Could be a problem with the on-off pin but thats unlikely.

Beemer
12-18-2003, 03:31 AM
And Welcome to AO

lbonettosd
12-18-2003, 09:14 AM
The sear assembley doesn't show any wear (rounding of the edge), but I have noticed that when it does this, it is usually right after I do a 6 (or so) round rapid fire burst. The sear assembley doesn't seem to return all the way back to its normal position behind the trigger. Then my next shot will either act like a double response trigger or it will barely have enough velocity to get the ball out of the barrel. I thought when the sear doesn't return to its normal position that means the on/off pin hasn't returned to the normal position (because the sear assembly is in direct contact with the on/off pin, no???). And the bolt looks fine, but I thought of that too. So it gave me a good reason to order the LX :)

As a side question I've been reading on the tech threads about installing the LX. Does the CD walk you thru the entire install and tuning? And how hard is it to complete? (would it be like rebuilding the A.I.R. valve with a repair kit)

Beemer
12-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Should find all you need here

http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

BD_Paintball
12-18-2003, 10:41 AM
i dont this it is that hard to tune and put in a lvl 10. ive had mine on my x-valve for about a year and to me its very easy to tune. if you get the lvl 10 ill just let you know that if you use the field strip screw and screw it in the carrier that is the best and fastest way to get the carrier out. once you change the carriers a few times it gets very to tune it because you get used to what you have to do.
O yea and your problem might be with the on/off rod. look at it and make sure it looks good and isnt bent or anything. if you know some one with a mag or have another mag change the pin and see if it does the same thing. thats how i fix my mag is swap parts with my other mag.

GL fixing it