PDA

View Full Version : What's in the box?

Yoda
12-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Just got my shiny, new X-Mag. Contents seemed a little spartan. Previous markers I have purchased came pretty much assembled. For example, the custom Blazer I got for my son came out of the box ready to rock. The X-mag had no hose/line or anything to connect to the (flatline) air system. Is that normal?

1. For my peace of mind, can someone list all the items that should be included in the box?

2. What type of hose/line (loctite,teflon tape) is recommended and should I have a local airsmith do it or take care of it myself?

Sorry for lame questions. I'm old school - pump stock kind of guy, but had to go for the newest tech to keep up with the young pups. I've got a big learning curve ahead of me and can't wait to get started. Info on this forum seems so helpful, so thanks in advance.

Y

GA Devil
12-16-2003, 04:30 PM
I dont like macro line myself (it dont seem stable enough especially in climate change)so I would suggest ss line with a quick disconnect. Also teflon tape if not done right can cause problems if blown into valve, so use loctite but not permanant. I would think you would only get gun and feed necks in the box. Most higher end guns dont even come with ASA's cause people have preferences on what they want to run drop or not.

Also welcome to AO!

Maffer
12-16-2003, 04:37 PM
Macroline is cheaper than the SS hose, and doesn't sratch your shiny new x-mag up. Can't comment on the change due to weather though... honestly don't know. I would recommend takeing it in to the local tech guy to take care of it... That way, your not getting what WE like, but what YOU want.

Yoda
12-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the advice and the welcome.

Re: SS vs. Macroline
SS makes sense as I am in New England and we have crazy weather. There are also decent pro shops and airsmiths nearby, so that may be a good place to start. At least I know I'm not missing components from the box and I can now go take care of it. Thanks.

Y

Dayspring
12-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Use some heat shrink tubing or wire wrap from Radio Shack around your SS tubing. That's what I do. That way you don't scratch the gun, but also have the security of SS line.

jewie27
12-23-2003, 04:32 AM
You have to add your own air lines and stuff. Do it yourself and save your money.