PDA

View Full Version : Minimag Rapid Fire Problems

dyst0pia
12-16-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok, so when I am shooting my minimag, it seems to shoot fine if I am going at a slow cadence, like not trying to shoot fast. But, as soon as I start to fire faster it will start to sound like it is leaking a little bit of air at the end of every trigger stroke. Eventually, if I keep shooting faster it will just stop firing and air will start coming out in a constant stream. If I depress the trigger when the air is coming out though, it will stop, which lets me unscrew the tank.

What could the problem be? Something with the on/off?

Also, I havn't upgraded anything. I don't even know what valve it has on it, other than it says minimag on the side. I can give you the serial number though. If the s/n can tell me information about the marker, please tell me how to interpret it. Thanks for any help!

Minimag S/N: MM03398

dyst0pia
12-17-2003, 12:49 AM
anybody?!?

athomas
12-17-2003, 10:26 AM
Replace the bolt spring to start. You may need to change powertube spacers. Usually, a shorter spacer stops leaking down the powertube. If you have a powertube spring instead of a spacer, then get a spacer kit. Better yet, put the money towards a level 10 bolt kit.

dyst0pia
12-17-2003, 07:40 PM
problem is fixed. thanks for any help.