PDA

View Full Version : Invision masks from paintballgear.com

paintballer7_7_7
12-17-2003, 02:06 PM
I just orded the Olive DYE invision mask from paintballgear.com and I was just wondering a couple of things. First are they realiable company, and second does there Olive Mask come with a clear lense or the lense in the picture? It is just a question. If you have any info that i could use please leave a reply.

adam shannon
12-17-2003, 02:35 PM
they are a reputable company. they are also so big that things can fall thru the cracks...like whats actually in stock, and what you see isnt always what you get when it comes to some colors and styles shown in pics.

they arent a fly by night rip off artist, but if you are unlucky and get the short end of the stick you will get a refund...it may take a couple calls, but they are ok about the final result.

i have had stellar service and less than poor service from them over the years.

rikkter
12-17-2003, 04:14 PM
i've heard some stories of people ordering this and that, and they get what they orderd, plus more, like a gun for an example.
also heard stories about how you get nothing you orderd.

personally, worst i've experienced with them is that they dont let you know they're out of stock of things until they send you the rest of the stuff, no email, no phone call, nothing.

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Paintballgear.com isnt really that great of a company. My friend ordered a tank from them and other various cocker parts adn they didnt bother trying to send or contact him for like two months. He called them and they kept tellin him they didnt have the tanks in stock bu the tank he ordered(68ci 5000psi PMI) wasnt being sold anymore cus PMI is goin to EVIL PPAINTBALL. They knew for a month a didnt tell him. Like the other guy said the stuff they say is in stock usually isnt and you dont always get what ya bought.

LaW
12-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Adrenaline_Junkie
Paintballgear.com isnt really that great of a company. My friend ordered a tank from them and other various cocker parts adn they didnt bother trying to send or contact him for like two months. He called them and they kept tellin him they didnt have the tanks in stock bu the tank he ordered(68ci 5000psi PMI) wasnt being sold anymore cus PMI is goin to EVIL PPAINTBALL. They knew for a month a didnt tell him. Like the other guy said the stuff they say is in stock usually isnt and you dont always get what ya bought.

Cause a couple "incidents" that you know of tells you that it isnt a great company.... sorry I dont buy it. I think for what its worth they are a great company but they are also very big and of course you are goign to not be able to satisfy everyone. Just imagine how much product they move in one day. Of course you are only going to hear the bad remarks as well....

Hell I have ordered lots of stuff from them for the past 5 years and have never had one problem. Orders ranging from 100-500 dollars!

thegiantc
12-17-2003, 07:59 PM
I just ordered a dye mask (blue) from them myself. Should get it tommorrow. I have ordered countless times (over the last 3 years)from them and have yet to have trouble. Out of approximately 10 cases of paint ordered, I did get 2 cases that were "old". It was still cheaper than Wal-Mart paint and its old no matter how fresh it is.

UltimatePaintballer
12-17-2003, 08:06 PM
ordered tons of things from there and had no problems.

sometimes you get one packaged thing and then then next day your other stuff but its faster shipping then anything else

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Ok, I admit i kinda reemed on them a little to much. They are a pretty good company and I myself havnt had many problems with them. It was just kinda bothering me i guess. They are a pretty good company overall. Like every company they will make mistakes. I shouldnt give them a hard tim cus all companies mess up some time or another. Anyway, I just ordered a VForce Profiler. Cant wait to get it. I have an invision to but the profiler looks so sweet and i cant wait to get it.

LaW
12-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Another problem though is when you call and try to get something solved... these companies all dont have AMAZING employees, and you might get really unlucky and get an employee that is a complete moron.... it happens often :)

demonguy8
12-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by LaW
Another problem though is when you call and try to get something solved... these companies all dont have AMAZING employees, and you might get really unlucky and get an employee that is a complete moron.... it happens often :)

I work for pbgear (in the warehouse not on the phones) and Id like to think of myself as pretty amazing if I do say so myself :p

Anywho, the way we have things set up, screw ups are never entirely one persons fault but mistakes can and do still happen... as far as not calling a specific people when things are out of stock goes... Today alone we shipped over 1400 orders (which might i add is SLOW for this time of year)so calling each and every person just insnt possible when some item is out of stock... This is why the stock check button was put on the website! USE IT!

As far as pictures go they are USUALLY fairly good about updating pictures on items, HOWEVER theres so many different items in the warehouse that updateing pictures is handle by TWO FULL TIME PEOPLE (and might I add it would still take about a year to get EVERYTHING done)

As for the SPECIFIC question posed The lense in the olive Dye Invision picture IS a CLEAR LENSE (It has a film preventing the lense from getting scratched while its in stock, similar to a watch or a cellphone). So The answer would be YES it comes with the lense pictured which IS A CLEAR LENSE.

Hope this helps.

-Jason

paintballer7_7_7
12-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Thnx all for you info. I will tell everyone if it worked out fine when i recieve my mask.