PDA

View Full Version : Is there an 8" barrel kit?

tobz
12-17-2003, 10:11 PM
I'm looking for a barrel kit. preferably 8" total length, but 10" will be acceptable.

I'd like to stay away from the freak. All black would be nice, but half black half stainless or something similar would be acceptable.

I've check out the evil pipe, empire, j & J edge kit, cp pro kit... I don't know what else is out there.

Please reply if you know of an 8" barrel kit (preferably a non insert style), and also post if you know where to get it. Thanks.

T.J.

andrewnelles
12-17-2003, 10:18 PM
CP makes a 10" tip for there kit. I have a 5 piece (3 backs 2 fronts) mag CP kit for sale with a 10" tip if your interested.

RRfireblade
12-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Equation Designs.

I have their 8" and 10" Berzerk pro kits and am very satified with them.

Jay.

That's the 10" on the Xamg in my sig.

personman
12-17-2003, 10:27 PM
I LOVE the J&J kit.. its simply the shizzle. I have the 10" and its great. Low price, low weight, high quality. What more can you ask from a barrel kit?

adam shannon
12-17-2003, 10:29 PM
equation. i knw a couple guys that use an 8in on their markers. they swear by them for playing tight...and they say they dont suffer from accuracy issues or higher air consumption. aside from their claims i thought that shorter barrels add to air inefficiency???

RRfireblade
12-17-2003, 10:35 PM
I see no real difference in any of the Equation lengths on effeciency.They use a small amount of porting on the non insert end and I think the overall I.D. is not as large as most other barrel systems also, they have a insert coating that "is supposed" to be slicker than teflon that might also help.

I see very little difference between my 8" and even the stock 14".Chronos with in ~10fps.

Jay.

FYI,all mine are Bizerk Pros which are one piece barrels that use thier standard inserts.I don't have any experience with the MS barrels as I don't really like the looks of them.Most people think the 10" on my Xamg is the stock one, it looks that good on it if you ask me,but I'm biased. ;)

NJPaint
12-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Prolyte Scepter Kit comes in a 10 inch set

dinger
12-17-2003, 11:27 PM
first thing i thought of was the equation kits..

www.equationusa.com and sign up at AIR-powered just for the 10% discount ;)

Creative Mayhem
12-18-2003, 05:00 PM
You can order a J&J Edge kit any length tips you want.. They can do custom stuff for you no problem and usually the smae price, if not cheaper.

I got an Edge kit for my xmag, 6" Stainless Steel backs(instead of the standard 5") and two tips 12" and 14" with the extra inch on the backs the barrels effectively become 13" and 15" respectively.

I say "Live on the EDGE!" hmmm catchy phrase huh? :D

1stdeadeye
12-18-2003, 05:17 PM
If you want super short, Doc Nickel makes a tip for the freak that keeps it to under 8 inches. He is in the dealer forum, he might even make one for the sceptre soon.

f3rr3+
12-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
You can order a J&J Edge kit any length tips you want.. They can do custom stuff for you no problem and usually the smae price, if not cheaper.

I got an Edge kit for my xmag, 6" Stainless Steel backs(instead of the standard 5") and two tips 12" and 14" with the extra inch on the backs the barrels effectively become 13" and 15" respectively.

I say "Live on the EDGE!" hmmm catchy phrase huh? :D

if they list the lenghts as 12 and 14 then wouldnt it still be 12 and 14... i mean if the backs are 1 inch longer wouldnt they fronts just be 1 inch shorter? i hope you see my logic in this...

yellow dart
12-18-2003, 05:28 PM
I recommend the kaner. It's a non-insert barrel system and it shoots darts. I know roguefactor carries them!

xXHavokXx
12-18-2003, 07:55 PM
Equation 8" kits are very good. I use an 8" and canplay very very tight

Branchvillian
12-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Longbows are incredible barrel kits in my opinion. There made by a company called Titanium Paintball. There web site is www.titaniumpaintball.com
As of right now there smallest size is a 10". Great kits for the money, and a great company to back the kits.