PDA

View Full Version : reg vs gas thru

phantomhitman
12-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Well, in an attempt to change the appearance of my second mag I want a different fore-grip. I have a dye gas thru on my minimag which I love (and a lot of people hate), but I want a different look my second mag. I have heard that regulators can work. I have been eyeballing the angel mini regs like the ones coolhand (logic frame maker) uses in his pics. I have also heard that it is a very bad idea to double reg a mag.

My question is will they work? Is it possible to make it not regualte and act as a gas thru? Can anyone recomend another reg that looks good? I just want to know before I send of $50+ for one. Thanks for any info.

PyRo
12-17-2003, 11:05 PM
If you really want I think you can just gut it.

jewie27
12-19-2003, 02:18 AM
I assume you are using Nitrogen as your air source. So why would you ever triple regulate your 'Mag? You'll be starving it of air. Your tank has one regulator in it, and the 'Mag has it's own built in regulator. That's already 2 regs. You don't need to put another on there. Just use a plain Gas-Through fore-grip, and save your money for something else. (32 Degrees gas-through fits well on a 'Mag)

phantomhitman
12-19-2003, 11:18 AM
i am using nitro, but not to regulate. i do not want the reg to regulate anything. I just want it for the looks. I was just wondering if you could bypass the regulating part, turn it up to allow a free flow of air, or just gut it. The only gas thru I like is dyes (which i have on my minimag), the others are too plain for me. Looks only, not regulate, plain and simple.

No Excuse
12-19-2003, 10:04 PM
Yes you can, you just need to take some of the parts out of it.

phantomhitman
12-19-2003, 11:36 PM
thanks guys :D