PDA

View Full Version : Y Grip for RT Classics?

SlyIdeas
12-18-2003, 12:51 AM
Perhaps I am the only one who is curious but it seems as if the old school RT is being completely phased out. Not that I wouldn't mind updating the gun with a ULE Body and such but a 325$ upgrade seems awfully expensive when the guns are for sale right now for around 400. I was wondering if AGD ever plans on making a Y-Grip to fit the old RT gun. Does anyone have any input on the question? If they ever decide to I know it is something that I would like to purchase.

Ginjiroku
12-18-2003, 12:58 AM
yea they dont make much that fits the rt and I wouldn't think that they will star soon if ever. but how should I know what they will and wont do.

Lethargic
12-18-2003, 02:14 AM
as of right now, the original RT is pretty much out in the cold development-wise. Kinda sucks, but you get over it quickly enough. Actually, as we speak my mag is off getting the go-x upgrades done to it.

OK, so maybe you never really will get over it...:rolleyes:

nerobro
12-18-2003, 04:00 AM
to make ANY RTP compatable frame fit a classic rt, you need to drill the rear trigger frame screw hole out. I think it's a .25" drill. but even if the hole is somewhat oversize it won't hurt.

So, yes, you could easily put a Y frame on a classic RT.

Pacifist_Farmer
12-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Why would you need to upgrade an RT anyways?

they are practically perfect, and they give you nice buff arms from just holding the darn thing.

I agree, having no options is frustrating but progress is the nature of the beast

SlyIdeas
12-19-2003, 12:12 AM
For some reason I thought there was more to it than just drilling out the Banjo Bolt hole are you sure that is all you need to do to make it work? Anyone know?

abarnhar
12-19-2003, 12:26 AM
Drilling the banjo bolt hole is all you need to do. If you drill it to 1/4", you're going to find it a little small. I found that the 3/8" is the best fit, although it's about a 1/32" too large. In a perfect world, it's probably a metric hole, but oh well.

I know you've probably already considered this one; if you don't want to drill a $120 frame, you can always look for a Z-grip. They're a bit harder to find, but there are a few still floating out there. I have one on my RT and it flys. The angle is a bit more drastic, but one can get used to it (especially with the trigger pull it provides :D).