PDA

View Full Version : Scuba fill station

twizzler
12-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Ok i'm sick and tire of walking all the way to the fill stations when i'm at the field, I want my own lol. I was looking at the fill stations, such as the Kingman International Java air station that fit directly to Scuba tanks and since i'm already certified to operate a Scuba tank i think this would be a great idea. I just had a Question:
Would a fill station like this fill every tanks?
Such as:
AGD Flatline
Air America Armegeddon or Apocolypse
Centerflag Dynaflow
Macdev Conquest
Just to name a few anyway. I'm sure they'll fill preset tanks easily enough.

Thanks for your help.

RRfireblade
12-18-2003, 11:12 AM
Yes.

bunkermaster10
12-18-2003, 11:16 AM
Yea it will. I had that scuba fill station its pretty nice and cheap from paintballgear.com.

Torbo
12-18-2003, 03:50 PM
the real down side is that they are a pain to bring with you, and that you will only get about 3 full fills.

RRfireblade
12-18-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Torbo
the real down side is that they are a pain to bring with you, and that you will only get about 3 full fills.

They are a little pain to drag around,but I fill 2 markers off of 1 full scuba@3400psi and it gets me at least 2-3 days of normal play even with less than full flls each time.

Jay.

Methylphenidate
12-18-2003, 05:29 PM
yes it will because all tanks fill off of the same size fill niple that is like a quick desconect
it is a universal size.
we use a cascade system and it works great we get lots and lots of fills

soccer4minimags
12-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

They are a little pain to drag around,but I fill 2 markers off of 1 full scuba@3400psi and it gets me at least 2-3 days of normal play even with less than full flls each time.

Jay.
Sorry to butt in, Jay what size tanks are they? about how much paint would you estimate you shoot.
Just curious, sounds like your getting pretty decent efficency. On my Rt I can shoot about a case and it puts me at around 1900 0r 1800 left in the scuba.
Do you really have one of the higher pressure scubas or is someone just filling your regular one past 3K.
Too bad with the shop here I'm lucky to get 2800 on my fills.
again sorry to twizzler for jumping on your thread.

RRfireblade
12-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by soccer4minimags

Sorry to butt in, Jay what size tanks are they? about how much paint would you estimate you shoot.
Just curious, sounds like your getting pretty decent efficency. On my Rt I can shoot about a case and it puts me at around 1900 0r 1800 left in the scuba.
Do you really have one of the higher pressure scubas or is someone just filling your regular one past 3K.
Too bad with the shop here I'm lucky to get 2800 on my fills.
again sorry to twizzler for jumping on your thread.

I have what are considered HP tanks.80ci but they fill to about 3400-3500psi max.With that I get 5-6 fills at 3000 or so and play down to about 1500-1800psi.Even with the L10 kicking in at ~700psi,that's enough to get me through a typical game.(cuttin' it close though)I play mostly front and some mid,so I'm shooting around 600-800rnd a game max.Not a whole bunch really.

Efficency with the Xmag is average for a Mag(all L10s are pretty close I thnk),my Imp and Timmy do better and all my cockers do better than that.

Good enough for me.I do have more than 1 scuba if need be but I don't usually bring them unless we're traveling a long way.

Jay.

Wasted Rabbit
12-19-2003, 08:43 AM
My sons and I have a pretty good size dive tank at home with a fill station. We pretty much leave it in the paintball work shop and just fill up our smaller tanks, so we dont have to run down to the paintball store to have them fill a tank. Once we tinker around with a marker and see if it works.
The field, we play on has free HPA tank refills allday long
which is very nice
The cost of the dive tank to get fill at the dive shop is around $ 4.00
And to get our smaller tanks fill at the paintball store is around $ 4-5 dollars.
Once tha dive tank get low, we can only fill the bottle up to 1000psi,,, Need to get a booster assembly to force the air into the smaller tanks.

Falcon1
12-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Dont no if this has happened to you guys but i only get 2500 psi out of my suba tank is there any anything i can get to make it put out more air????:confused:

RRfireblade
12-19-2003, 08:00 PM
You only get out what you put in.They must only be filling to 2500 then.It varies from shop to shop,and some tanks aren't rated for 3000psi or over.

Jay.

Oh,you could buy a Megabooster for around a grand,that'll do it to.

Wasted Rabbit
12-19-2003, 10:30 PM
RRfireblade
Thanks for the input about the megabooster cost.. I think I will pass on that idea...
I would buy a car instead or new marker.
thanks
Wasted Rabbit

RRfireblade
12-19-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Wasted Rabbit
RRfireblade
Thanks for the input about the megabooster cost.. I think I will pass on that idea...
I would buy a car instead or new marker.
thanks
Wasted Rabbit

Me too.;)