PDA

View Full Version : will hyperframe work on RT Mag

tonybhall
12-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone,

I need some advice here. I have a classic mag with a hyperframe. I am considering ordering a Custom RT from agd and putting my hyperframe on it. Will that work? And if so, should I get the ULE trigger or will that matter since I will be using a hyperframe?

I ask this because I am not sure how the hyperframe will work with the Response Trigger and the Level 10.

Thanks,
Bryan

Big'n slo
12-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Tonybhall,

The hyperframe will work great on the Custom RT, and the ULE trigger helps the hyperframe overcome the RT effect of the X valve. Level 10 is, of course, a must.;)

tonybhall
12-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Big'n Slo,

Do you have this set up? I ask because I am wondering if I should try to install the hyperframe myself or have someone else do it. I tried to get an "airsmith" at my local field to install a level 10 on my classic and he tried for a while and finally said that the level 10 would not work with the hyperframe. However others have told me that is not correct.

I know AGD will not work on a marker with a hyperframe but I tought about sending it to Centerflag. But if it's not a beg deal I could try to do it myself.

Bryan

Big'n slo
12-18-2003, 01:55 PM
Bryan,
I have two RT valved, hyperframed mags, both with level ten and ULE trigger. Both work great.
Setup is a time consuming process for the lvl 10 and ULE trigger but once set they usually last a while before needing to be tweaked. For both my Hypermags I used a standard manual trigger frame to tweak the lvl 10 and ULT, once I had them working properly I installed the hyper, that way I knew any probems that occured would be because of the hyper.

Big'n slo
12-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Crap!
Bryan, something just clicked, I'm pretty sure that the hyperframe won't be compatible with the RT rail, they are designed to fit the standard AM/MM rail. If I remember correctly the hyperframe needs to be milled down to work properly on the RT pro rail. Sorry :(

Edit: Try to PM HiTech on these boards, he should be able to give you a definitive answer.

tonybhall
12-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey,

I am confused. You said you have two, then you said it wont work. How is that. Not trying to be smart I just don't understand. Did you have to do some custom work to make it fit?

BTW, I PMed you too.

Bryan

Big'n slo
12-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Bryan,

Sorry for the confusion, I have two standard mags with RT valves and hyperframes on them, they use the standard Automag/Minimag rail which is what the Hyperframe is designed for. The RT Custom uses a different rail and sear which, I believe, requires some of the hyperframe's top to be milled off. Just to reiterate, I'm not positive about this, hopefully someone will be able to positively answer this.

I PM'd ya back too :D

hitech
12-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Big'n slo
...something just clicked, I'm pretty sure that the hyperframe won't be compatible with the RT rail, they are designed to fit the standard AM/MM rail. If I remember correctly the hyperframe needs to be milled down to work properly on the RT pro rail.

Yes, the “standard” hyperframe has a recessed grove that the classic/minimag rail fits into. The outside edges would have to be “milled” flat for the hyperframe to fit. I’ve heard of others doing this, but I have never seen one.

Also, the ULT is the BEST on/off to use with the hyperframe. Not only is it easier for the solenoid to move, it solves the on/off pin length problem. :D A level 10 WILL work with a hyperframe. I had one (my brother has it now). Level 10 and a ULE Trigger and hyperframe work well together. :D

hitech
12-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Big'n slo
For both my Hypermags I used a standard manual trigger frame to tweak the lvl 10 and ULT, once I had them working properly I installed the hyper, that way I knew any probems that occured would be because of the hyper.

Yes. That is the ONLY way to do it. :D

tonybhall
12-18-2003, 04:26 PM
Hey

Any suggestions on who might be able to do the work to make the RT and hyperframe work for me? Do you think Centerflag would? I know AGD will not touch a hyperframe.

Thanks
Bryan

hitech
12-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Sorry, I can't help you there. Maybe try searching here and find someone who did it.