PDA

View Full Version : New Game Format- Tactix

Dayspring
12-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Saw this on paintball.com. I think it's a very interesting format, and adds a bit of strategy to the game. More than there was before, at least.

In esence, you get 3 movable bunkers that you get to place in 30 seconds before the game starts.

Also, you can start ANYWHERE behind the back line, and can run from side to side before the game starts (kind of like football).

Thoughts?

http://paintball.com/features/story.cfm?placementID=2616&aid=1902&clickon=DB

ShooterJM
12-18-2003, 01:35 PM
I think it sound very cool! I'd love to play that!

Although if the bunkers are moveable and able to be placed in 30 seconds how are they secured to the ground? It'd kind of suck to slide into it and knock it away, or push on it and have it keep moving.

datapimp69
12-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

Although if the bunkers are moveable and able to be placed in 30 seconds how are they secured to the ground? It'd kind of suck to slide into it and knock it away, or push on it and have it keep moving.

didnt you read the page? it spelled it out very clear.

i do think it sounds like fun....

Duke Henry
12-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

In the article they say that the crew has 1 minute to stake down the bunkers, and they are even looking into using sandbags to keep the bunkers down without having to use stakes.

I really like the backline idea - makes the breakout much more interesting...

ShooterJM
12-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Yeah currently the refs have one minute to stake down the bunkers, no problem with that. But it says they're trying to come up with sandbags that are built into the bunker. I am just not sure how a good balance could be made that would make a sandbagged bunker easily moveable, yet secure. Know what I mean?

magman007
12-18-2003, 01:54 PM
if they make the bunkers like those punching bags, you know the ones, the ones that are botom heavy so it can move, yet stay in place

deathstalker
12-18-2003, 02:49 PM
*I only skimmed the article.*

Didn't JT hold an exhibition a couple years back using a similar format? If I remember correctly, a curtain would be drawn between the two halves of the field so teams could move bunkers without the other team knowing what's been done.

ExtremeODD
12-18-2003, 03:33 PM
heh, my feild i use to go to used water in their air bunkers.... once they started tipping, the water kept going and it would go over.... sand would of been better. but atleast i diddnt get booted for that :)

RetroEclipseMan
12-18-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm definately liking this new idea, can't wait to give it a shot next summer.

agdemagman69
12-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Now that looks like fun... im gonna have to try that sometime soon

Automaggin2
12-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Wow this is so awesome! I wanna try it!

Seems more intresting then Xball. Never been a big xball fan, hopefully this is better

1stdeadeye
12-18-2003, 10:40 PM
Looks interesting. It makes field walking kind of pointless. It also brings a lot more thought into the game then before.

I find that the Pan Am Tourney will now be the XPSL more interesting. Yay another league.:rolleyes: