PDA

View Full Version : Coolhand,, snatchgrip?

C_lawgik
12-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Have you ever thought about making a snatch grip?

Methylphenidate
12-18-2003, 05:31 PM
what is a snatch grip???
sorry if im out of the loop or something
just curious

personman
12-18-2003, 06:03 PM
A snatch grip would be very easy to do if you used the back bottle adapter holes.

shartley
12-18-2003, 07:32 PM
If folks remember, this is on my list of future products. Cool Hand is more than welcome to make them though. Look how many drop forwards there are. ;) I have some things planned for this coming year, and new equipment to buy…. Of which will help make these (and other great stuff).

And I am not opposed to collaborative efforts. I have already done this with other folks and their products/future products.

68Classic
12-18-2003, 07:41 PM
like Methylphenidate asked.... What is a snatch grip?

RRfireblade
12-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Grab handle on back kinda like this.....

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=600575

Jay.

shartley
12-18-2003, 07:47 PM
A snatch grip is a small grip that goes behind the trigger frame and extends to the end of the marker and sometimes beyond. It is usually made up of a couple finger groves and a hook at the end facing down. They are so you can grab your marker from the rear of it holding the back of the marker.

Not everyone likes them. But some do. And currently there is none made for the Mag family.

I hope this helps explain it a bit better.

(LOL Yeah, like what was just posted while I was typing this. ;) )

Branchvillian
12-18-2003, 07:57 PM
How exactly does it benifit your run off the break? Does it shift wieght somewhere to help you to run?

RRfireblade
12-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Branchvillian
How exactly does it benifit your run off the break? Does it shift wieght somewhere to help you to run?

I don't have any idea why people like them but some do for some reason.I would never be running on a playing field and not have my gun in any position that I couldn't shoot from.

Jay.

wobbles82
12-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Sometimes off the break on huge runs a lot of people like to grab it and yes sorta balance out the weight. You can bring the gun into your body a bit more and as for me it allows me to pop the back of the gun right into my hands, although I generally shoot the whole way. It also just helps for carrying the gun, adding some style..and helping ignore gun hits on those crazy runs.

Branchvillian
12-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

I don't have any idea why people like them but some do for some reason.I would never be running on a playing field and not have my gun in any position that I couldn't shoot from.

Jay. Well, I can see why people would like them. We ussually send our fastest front guy up the right tape without shooting, just sprinting. We send our other front man running in position to shoot if he needs to, our mid guy dumps, and our back guys do the same. It would be nice I guess for the people sprinting off the break. That strategy has been working pretty well latley, we played a local tourny, and our front guys got to the 50 off the break every single game except for the first.

RRfireblade
12-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Branchvillian
Well, I can see why people would like them. We ussually send our fastest front guy up the right tape without shooting, just sprinting. We send our other front man running in position to shoot if he needs to, our mid guy dumps, and our back guys do the same. It would be nice I guess for the people sprinting off the break. That strategy has been working pretty well latley, we played a local tourny, and our front guys got to the 50 off the break every single game except for the first.

Hey,if it works for you great.I just like have my gun ready to shoot at all times,even running.I mean your digging hard and some back player steps out with a dead on bead on you,at least you can make him duck back in if you can't really hit him on the run.If your "snatched" your dead.

Like I said,if it works for you,that's cool.;)

Jay.

RetroEclipseMan
12-18-2003, 08:41 PM
I pm'd coolhand about this a few weeks ago and at the time he said that he was pretty busy with the LT-3's and Logic Frames and didn't have much time for another project. I'm sure he'll come up with something once he gets everything else done or SHartley will have something out by then as well.

C_lawgik
12-18-2003, 09:47 PM
thats cool I cant wait!

sps16
12-18-2003, 10:34 PM
i really see no point to having a snatch grip

Bad_Dog
12-18-2003, 10:43 PM
I would like to see one of these made... I really dislike having to hold my mag by the grip when I'm not playing... (intimidates the n00bs too much:D)

Doc Nickel
12-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Actually, the "point" of a Snatch grip is an alternate way to hold the marker between games and/or in the dead box.

They came about a couple of years back, for two reasons:

Tourney rules typically stated you couldn't shut the gun off until you leave the field or hit the exit chrony, in case the player has a "cheater" board that defaults back to a standard mode when shut off and turned back on.

Combine that with ultra-light triggers and doohickeys like "whammy bars", and you need a way to comfortably carry the gun by holding it somewhere other than the grip frame, to help prevent accidental shots. (Which, besides being dangerous, could result in penalties if you're still on the field in the dead box.)

Thus, the little "hook" on the back we now call a Snatch grip.

Doc.

Ov3rmind
12-19-2003, 12:12 AM
For everyone who seems opposed to the idea, here's why many would like them:

1. They look cool (and I know a lot of you guys like cool looking trinkets :)).

2. Some front players find it easier to hold while running off the break.

3. Between games, holding your gun by the back is fairly comfy (not only that, there's also less chance you'll hit the trigger and make a mess between games. I know it's rare for most individuals, but I've seen it happen quite a few times at my local fields).

RRfireblade
12-19-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Doc Nickel
Actually, the "point" of a Snatch grip is an alternate way to hold the marker between games and/or in the dead box.

They came about a couple of years back, for two reasons:

Tourney rules typically stated you couldn't shut the gun off until you leave the field or hit the exit chrony, in case the player has a "cheater" board that defaults back to a standard mode when shut off and turned back on.

Combine that with ultra-light triggers and doohickeys like "whammy bars", and you need a way to comfortably carry the gun by holding it somewhere other than the grip frame, to help prevent accidental shots. (Which, besides being dangerous, could result in penalties if you're still on the field in the dead box.)

Thus, the little "hook" on the back we now call a Snatch grip.

Doc.

That's the most reasonable statement I've ever heard in response to the need for a snatch grip.Thanks Doc.

Jay.

shartley
12-19-2003, 06:14 AM
Thanks for that post Doc.

And as I have stated before, I have a list of projects/products to work on. So they will come in time. They are also not the top priority since the want/need for them will be fairly low.

Another thing to think about is that with all the new body designs, the mounting will not be the same for every type of Mag. I will stick with the standard AGD bodies first. And chances are, someone will come out with them before I do since the new equipment will not be purchased until spring/early summer. This means the earliest these will be made, more than likely, will be fall or next winter.

I just wanted folks to know I had nor forgotten about them.

Methylphenidate
12-19-2003, 01:49 PM
thanks for the explanation guys.
i have seen those before just didnt know that they were called snatch grips.

paint magnet
12-19-2003, 02:00 PM
RRFireBlade, where did you manage to find a 90 degree frame for an LCD?

magman007
12-19-2003, 02:09 PM
i use a snatchgrip primarily for the reason that it is nice to hold onto. i can understand people running with it like that too, if your sprinting, is holding the gun up ready to shoot very easy? no...

what about running with your gun by holding it by the grip isnt very easy either

abarnhar
12-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Snatch-grip = Solution to many "grabbing" problems for Z-grip owners.

I'm interested! :D

the_next_guy_
12-21-2003, 05:00 PM
helps you do this-
http://paintball.com/pics/NPPL/03commander/SundayPics/dsc_0338.jpg