PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade time got a few questions first though

Albino7738
12-18-2003, 05:40 PM
I have been playing with a stock classic mag for about a year now and its time for some new stuff. I plan on getting an X-Valve and a ULE Body. First question what barrel to use. I currently use a Lapco Auto Spirit and have really like it, however I shot a Smart Part and my old tippmann and on my brother cocker and loved them. I know that for mags less porting is good so i was thinking either just get a cocker threaded Auto Spirit or get an SP All-American. Which barrel and are there any that i am over looking. Also is the ULE trigger kit very effective or is it a waste? I currently use a Benckmark trigger frame. One more quick question barrel length. I was thinking 10-12 inch barrel this is fine right?

Thanks

jewie27
12-19-2003, 02:03 AM
The ULE Trigger kit will work really well in the X-Valve. The barrels that you mentioned are good. I own a All-American 12" barrel. It shoots straight and quiet. I would really recommend that you invest in a barrel kit for your Mag' to improve your shot consistency. For around a 100 dollars you can get the J&J Edge barrel kit. It comes with 4 different bore sizes to match different types of paint. You will also love the Level 10 upgrade that is included in the X-Valve. Trade your current classic valve for a X-Valve and you will get a $100 dollar discount from AGD. As for barrel length, Tom Kaye says that it needs around 6-8 inches of effective length before the porting to get the best efficiency for the Mag'. Don't go longer that 12". I think that 10" is the best all around.