View Full Version : IAO Info

rpm07
12-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Draxxus IAO announces Scenario Game Partnership for 2004

Press Release: For Immediate Release

Date: Dec. 15, 2003

[email protected]

724-935-6100

Pittsburgh, PA. - Team Effort Events, producers of the infamous Draxxus International Amateur Open presented by Dick's Sporting Goods, is pleased to announce their affiliation with BlackCat Paintball Productions, one of the premier scenario game producers in the country.

The 14th annual IAO is scheduled for July 21-25 at the Big Butler Fairgrounds just north of Pittsburgh. The festival will continue to offer a world-class tournament and trade show while incorporating a dynamic scenario game for all those non-competitive players who just want to "play ball". Storylines and formatting are being developed and will be announced after the first of the year.

BlackCat Paintball Productions is honored to be working with Team Effort Events to bring a fun-filled, two-day role-playing scenario paintball adventure to the 2004 IAO. BlackCat's owner and producer Spiro Mamaligas goes on to say, “We are excited about the marriage of our two organizations and promise to give the players a memorable paintball experience!”

Beginning with its November 2000 event in a cornfield maze in New Mexico, BlackCat has worked diligently to expand techniques and specialized aspects of scenario paintball events for all paintball players. The 2004 season will continue BlackCat’s forward momentum and bring to all its players this same top-notch approach to scenario events: upscale role-playing, development of scenario strategy, focus on sportsmanship, teamwork and communication, and a wealth of competitive fun. BlackCat's Motto is “Putting the FUN into paintball.”

According to Debra Dion Krischke of Team Effort Events, "We know the IAO is the perfect place to integrate all types of paintball aficionados, and we'll now be able to give our customers more of what they want - all kinds of paintball! Everyone wants to be a part of the IAO Olympic atmosphere and everyone loves the World Class Trade Show, so we're thrilled to have partnered with BlackCat to start planning a World Class Scenario game as well!”

Check out the website for updates:

http://www.BlackCat-Productions.com and http://www.TeamEffortEvents.com

Albinonewt
12-18-2003, 06:05 PM
I hope it's better then last year's scenario, which I played in and thought sucked hard core. A lot of the problems really couldn't be blamed on the scenario organizers (for one thing, people kept leaving to go check out the rest of the event. since there were less then 100 players if a few guys and their friends left it was all over)

68Classic
12-18-2003, 07:38 PM
sounds cool... Thinkin' about doing it this year.

1stdeadeye
12-18-2003, 07:39 PM
I am so there this year. The question is whether to play the scenario or try to play in the tourney.

What is everyone else going to do?

Mango
12-18-2003, 07:42 PM
I'm playing with AFTICA!! wooohoooo:D

magman007
12-18-2003, 08:09 PM
I will be returning to Butler County Fairgrounds again this year under the Proud banner of AFTICA.

REPRESENT BOYS. THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT. THIS YEAR... NO ONE WILL STAND IN OUR WAY.... IT WILL BE ABSOLUT (:))DESTRUCTION

Load SM5
12-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Aftica baayybeeee!:cool:

Load SM5
12-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by magman007
I will be returning to Butler County Fairgrounds again this year under the Proud banner of AFTICA.

REPRESENT BOYS. THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT. THIS YEAR... NO ONE WILL STAND IN OUR WAY.... IT WILL BE ABSOLUT (:))DESTRUCTION

Um...don't you have to have a mag?:D

oldsoldier
12-18-2003, 08:27 PM
AFTICA!!! Yes, I WILL be there. And yes, I WILL party all week...again. And, our only goal (other than showing up), will be to place higher than 37th!!!

Mango
12-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
AFTICA!!! Yes, I WILL be there. And yes, I WILL party all week...again. And, our only goal (other than showing up), will be to place higher than 37th!!!

LOL! WE CAN DO IT (maybe)

1stdeadeye
12-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango

LOL! WE CAN DO IT (maybe)

*Cajun accent* You can do it! You can do it all night long!!! *cajun accent* ;)

agdemagman69
12-18-2003, 08:39 PM
I'll be goin for sure!

Hmm, im thinking IL to PA road trip:D

Albinonewt
12-18-2003, 08:45 PM
I'll be there for sure. If you need to talk to me do it on day one, cause after that I won't be in any condition to talk. :)

rpm07
12-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Team BlackCell will be there.

magman007
12-18-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

Um...don't you have to have a mag?:D

Hmmm, well i figured aftica ran deeper than that.... From what i understand, Riot[zgrip] was planning on using his imp, for the reason that it gives him an edge on the competition, compared to his well z retro.

Kb had planned on shooting his trix....

I am most comefortable with my angel, i truely am. No hopping this one for a while guys. I feel that i can shoot this marker faster, and with more ease than with my trix or my sfl.... I have a better performance edge with the Speed than i did with my sfl... i loved the sfl, but now i look back on it, and it wasnt for me.

If you all are gunna hold that against me, then well, fine. But as one of the origional 3... i would feel bad if AFTICA kicked one if its loyal members,just because their marker of choice, isnt what it once was. I thought Aftica was about ao, not juts mags, but Ao.

Load SM5
12-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Did you not notice the :D ? Sheesh. Pull your panties out now.;)

magman007
12-18-2003, 09:44 PM
Oh heh...... Wow. you see. Um... i feel dumb. i thought the;) was for jokes... hehehe

im not to good with these damn smile things

SORRY JEFF!!!!

ntn4502
12-18-2003, 10:30 PM
AFTICA I will represent, and we will do just that, this is gonna be good trust me.

Somebody start a thread, so we can get siked for it

edweird
12-19-2003, 02:35 AM
<-------- Represent!

LaW
12-19-2003, 03:30 AM
I would assume I get to actually play on aftica next year? Since it definately didnt happen this year ;) hehe

edweird
12-19-2003, 06:24 AM
wow lots of potential AFTICA ppls ... will we have to feild AFTICA black and AFTICA blue? (or just have a 20 man squad and rotate out the drunk/hungover ones?)

Albinonewt
12-19-2003, 07:08 AM
If there's that many people looking to play, maybe we shold field an Icky Forest team...

1stdeadeye
12-19-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
If there's that many people looking to play, maybe we shold field an Icky Forest team...

/___________________
\ Wants to play!:)

Big'n slo
12-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Me too!! :eek: maybe.....

oldsoldier
12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Well, AFTICA will field the original team first...anyone who drops out, or cant make it, that slot or slots will be up for grabs. I cannot captain it this year, even though I will be there to play. Well, I can captain it there...just cant do the legwork this year. That will have to fall upon someone else (collecting fees, chasing people, arranging hotel rooms, etc). Anyone want that (un)glorious job?

Clare
12-19-2003, 06:43 PM

I'd love to see an Icky Forest team at the IAO! Be prepared to do the icky dance at random times throughout the tournament.

magman007
12-19-2003, 08:12 PM
well, what about a 5 man TIF and a 7 man aftica? I have very special bonds to both, and i could never ever pick between the two! TIF and AFTICA Run Deep in Magman's heart.

Ive got a special place for both teams!

I know That Mango would wanna play TIF as well... but he is also an aftica membetr as i am... i just dunno! hahaha

we will work it out!

Mango
12-19-2003, 08:23 PM
I'm more of an honorary AFTICA member since I was not part of the original dealy. I'll play anywhere anyone wants me. So long as they dont mind having an inebriated player on thier team that might do the Icky dance whilst running to my bunker off the break. :p

magman007
12-19-2003, 08:39 PM
aftica and inerbriation go hand in hand... just ask Jeff and Jeremy..... :)

robertjuric
12-19-2003, 11:48 PM
Hey Jeff, I may have to get you to try to talk my mom into letting me go. I looked at some plane ticket prices and hotels, and I think I can make it!!

Load SM5
12-19-2003, 11:56 PM
Let me know when you decide...We can get tickets for the same flight, and carpool to the airport.

Your mom would feel so much safer just knowing you were with respectable ol' me!;)

robertjuric
12-20-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Load SM5

Your mom would feel so much safer just knowing you were with respectable ol' me!;)

Scary isnt it?? :D

.bolink
12-20-2003, 12:47 AM
ahhh the good ol aftica guys...it truely was a pleasure playing against you guys!

magman007
12-20-2003, 01:35 AM
yes, im sure you loved our service. Quick wins at only 30 seconds! what team wouldnt want to beat er um play us :)

hehehe It is gunna be better this year man!!!! AFTICA will make its name Feared!

ALL WILL KNOW!!! ALL WILL FEAR!!! ALL WILL RESPECT AFTICA!!!!

AFTICA shall now be known as Another F'ing Team I Cant Afford to loose to :)

Xyxyll
12-21-2003, 01:13 AM
This will be a great event for all paintball players that have not experienced scenario. Even if you have played scenario games before, this one will be one that you don't want to miss. Black Cat Productions ALWAYS puts out the most incredible games.

Don't worry guys, it'll be good. :D

Xyxyll
12-21-2003, 07:34 PM
I figure this thread needs an UP. ;)