PDA

View Full Version : vert feed bodies

AkumA
12-18-2003, 10:10 PM
hey, im just curious on mag vert feed bodies. on my previous emag, it was a vert feed. it had the little hole behind the neck for air to "flow" out. well i never had a problem with the air pushing the balls back into the hopper since i used a halo.

well, now i've aquired a minimag vert feed body. the emag is gone, and im using a re:loader on top of the m.m body. its a smaller length neck, so i can just fit the hopper over the neck, thus having it REALLY low profile. but doing so covers up the hole. will i have a problem with balls getting pushed by air back into the hopper?

E r y k
12-19-2003, 01:28 AM
do you have pics/could you get some pics?

how is the hopper going over the feedneck. if it is, isnt it very loose?

AkumA
12-19-2003, 02:09 AM
ok, imagine a standard feed neck, but its placed verticaly. with a revy, you can just stick the feed neck inside the revy shells. its really cool, but "not pretty".

i'll try to get some pics.

just the question is, does the hole in the back really do anything? i've noticed that the ULE bodies don't have them. just a small engineering gimmick?

E r y k
12-19-2003, 02:20 AM
so the body has been hacked down w/ a saw b4?

i kinda see what you mean, but pics are 1000 words :).

according to some accounts of people, there isnt much blowback from the mag to affect the feed.

i think you'll be fine

try it out.

AkumA
12-19-2003, 02:23 AM
apparently these were specialy ordered from AGD, and only 300 or so were made, dunno the real story. but it hasn't been hacked or anything.

pictures are a 1k words, but its $300 that i don't have for a nice digital camera :P

cool.

i'll try it out since finals are over.