PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Mods!

magking1971
12-19-2003, 01:22 AM
A big thanks for cracking down on this forum and cleaning it up, it is much more enjoyable to visit now.
I have enjoyed cphil's "hammer of justice(tm)" and some people might learn from this.

BTAutoMag
12-19-2003, 01:52 AM
yea pyro better watch himself:)

WicKeD_WaYz
12-19-2003, 02:15 AM
cphilip for governor of California

:)

davidb
12-19-2003, 02:23 AM
Wow.. A post-whore thread to thank Unka Phil for doing something to stop the post-whoring. Novel.

BUT, yes, we're all glad he did it. :D

Lopy-slopy
12-19-2003, 02:48 AM
davidB makes a good point,(the one about you guy's post whoreing about how great it is that the post whores are gone) I hope you all get banned for this.

I personaly think this crack down is getting outa hand, he's banning people that didn't even do anyhting wrong, just because they are deffending other's who were unfairly punished. it's getting pretyy BS.

bornl33t
12-19-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Lopy-slopy
davidB makes a good point,(the one about you guy's post whoreing about how great it is that the post whores are gone) I hope you all get banned for this.

I personaly think this crack down is getting outa hand, he's banning people that didn't even do anyhting wrong, just because they are deffending other's who were unfairly punished. it's getting pretyy BS.

1.)no davidb didn't make a good point, saying thanks is NEVER a bad idea.

2.)I have yet to see anyone that got banned that wasn't warned first.

3.)If anything there needs to be more cracking down... for instance the sigs are still not being enforced

4.)You sure have been causing a lot of trouble latly, maybe we'll be lucky and you'll receive the fate you wished on everyone else.

Ps your sig is in violation of the rules. 350x150 20k max

dansim
12-19-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Heat

3.)If anything there needs to be more cracking down... for instance the sigs are still not being enforced

4.)You sure have been causing a lot of trouble latly, maybe we'll be lucky and you'll receive the fate you wished on everyone else.

damn it heat, i agree with you

:p
ps thank you unka phil and the ao mod staff

bornl33t
12-19-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by dansim

damn it heat, i agree with you

:p
ps thank you unka phil and the ao mod staff

I'm with stupid :p

davidb
12-19-2003, 07:41 AM

I wasn't trying to make a good point, I was making a (witty???) observation. :p I have no problem with people showing appreciation and support for what Phil is doing. If you'll notice, I did so as well. I just thought it was a little funny, ironic, whatever, that a thread blessing the crackdown on PW'ing was turning into a PW thread. And you know what else? It still would be one if I hadn't said something. ;)

Hot damn I'm up late.

ChucktheMAGician
12-19-2003, 07:50 AM
I'm with stupid :p
Just helping out w/ an accessoryhttp://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/edoom/iamwithstupid.gif I to am thankful for all the time that Mods spend making this a better place, thanks and Merry Christmas!:)

magking1971
12-19-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by davidb
Wow.. A post-whore thread to thank Unka Phil for doing something to stop the post-whoring. Novel.

BUT, yes, we're all glad he did it. :D
Hello pot? This is kettle calling.
davidb-If you can not notice my join date vs post count you will notice I am FAR from a post whore.

shartley
12-19-2003, 01:19 PM
Lopy you are a complete jackass. For all your threads with tubgirl in them I am sure you will receive a PERMABAN, and I will agree with it whole heartedly. You need to grow up and get some class.

lopyslopy
12-19-2003, 01:19 PM
yes, yes I do, but for now **** all of you, I'm never coming back here again!

Sir_Brass
12-19-2003, 01:30 PM
good ridance to bad rubbish.

MantisMag
12-19-2003, 01:40 PM
whichever mod cleaned that all up. THANK YOU!

bunkermaster10
12-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Yes thanks a lot! Someone post on my merry christmas thread plz...:p

cphilip
12-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by lopyslopy
yes, yes I do, but for now **** all of you, I'm never coming back here again!

OK then! You chose permanent! So it shall be.

If you guys want to look around you will see where I clearly explained to him how to turn the Signature off. And a few other members further explained it. And we sent him to the guidlines. I even PM'd him on it. And you will see he was warned and then went on a similar tirade. This is like about the fourth time he has been banned for stuff. Not just this. I think at some point we got down to two members that are not redemptable. This is one of them. But notice how the claim EVERYONE IS BEING BANNED and EVERYONE IS AFRAID TO POST and stuff like that. Its always "everyone" and that seems to be like five or six people. Thats how many got Temp bans in this deal. Six! Thats "everyone" he talks about. :rolleyes:

Anyway I am permanently banning this one. His IP too. He is back under an alias here by the way. He had way many chances to lighten up.

beam
12-19-2003, 03:58 PM
I think webby may have already banned him.

You should've seen his little tirade this afternoon.

Don't just ban the s/n, ban his IP too. :mad:

cphilip
12-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by beam
I think webby may have already banned him.

You should've seen his little tirade this afternoon.

Don't just ban the s/n, ban his IP too. :mad:

Thanks Beam. I will check on it. I been out all day and just got back in. Yea this one is a second user name. His previous one is already banned I think.

1stdeadeye
12-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

OK then! You chose permanent! So it shall be.

Anyway I am permanently banning this one. His IP too. He is back under an alias here by the way. He had way many chances to lighten up.

So let it be written, so let it be done!;)

Thanks Phil!! Pyro was really making life annoying here!

FutureMagOwner
12-19-2003, 04:18 PM
seems like im the only one who can follow the rules now adays :D

o well i dont see why people cant get along or atleast keep within the rules if you cant...

cphilip
12-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Well I know. But Pyro is an old member here. And after this started Pyro has been very mature about it. Totaly the opposite of this one. Pyro would get more chances than this guy if need be but yet he didn't need em. He being very understanding about it all. Thats the difference.

There have been six temp bans. All are back except two that immediately started problems when they got back. One temp ban has been reissued. And now one Permanent ban. At most I see only one more possible Permanent ban out of this whole thing. And I consider that to be very cheap to get control of the place for you guys. I mean I had hoped it would be none. But I not that dissapointed that the metrics are good now. I hate to lose any of these guys but at some point it became thier choice. I am really a bit saddened that post counts were the ONLY reason they seemed to come here. I mean that is basicaly what these two have said! Pretty sad really. Isn't it?

rmhawk
12-19-2003, 04:30 PM
So what did Cphillip crack down on? What was going on in this forum that made people get banned?

cphilip
12-19-2003, 05:14 PM
A couple of things that were so gross that he posted up had to be moved off screen. You won't see those but you should read the first thread here up top of the page and get an idea of some of it.

davidb
12-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by magking1971

Hello pot? This is kettle calling.
davidb-If you can not notice my join date vs post count you will notice I am FAR from a post whore.

Tell you what, instead of kettle and pot, you be Dracula and I'll be Casper. Both of us have similar join dates and post counts, which tend to indicate that post-whores we ain't. What I SHOULD have said was that it was -turning into- a PW thread, though it started as a perfectly good one, and I should have used more smileys, since it was meant to be in fun. I mean, go back and look, you'll see two one-liners with the :) smiley at the end. I mean, it's like they're being possessed by Pyro!! :D

Anyway, I meant no offense to you or anyone else. I had hoped for an LOL or something, but alas, tis not to be. :( ;)

FutureMagOwner
12-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
But I not that dissapointed that the metrics are good now. I hate to lose any of these guys but at some point it became thier choice. I am really a bit saddened that post counts were the ONLY reason they seemed to come here. I mean that is basicaly what these two have said! Pretty sad really. Isn't it?

hey now dont bring that goofy british system into this :D

dont worry cphil you can mess with my account i dont care ;)

sneakyhacker420
12-19-2003, 08:24 PM
his hammer of justice forked me over unfortunately... from 4000+ worthwhile posts, to 0 useless posts

it sucks... now i cant brag about crap on AO... its just kinda depressing now :(

edit: well... i do have one thing to brag about (pretty BIG thing about AO that i found out)... but the mods have forbidden me from spreading it

oh well... i still have my three screenshots to prove my 15 minutes of fame on ao :eek:

FactsOfLife
12-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Phil, you did exactly what you had to do, don't have to explain it at all.

The VAST majority of us here respect and appreciate what you did.

Myself included, thanks man.

ASDadam
12-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Ahhhh A breath of fresh air around here. Good job Phil.

Python14
12-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Thanks Phil, and all the other mods who make this forum a fun place to talk about stuff in. If it wasn't for yall, I would have left like I left PBN and PBC.:) You guys deserve alot more than you get.:D

Digits
12-19-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by magking1971
A big thanks for cracking down on this forum and cleaning it up, it is much more enjoyable to visit now.
I have enjoyed cphil's "hammer of justice(tm)" and some people might learn from this.

*cough* suck up *cough* :D :p

AutomagRT1483
12-20-2003, 12:12 AM
Its good that they are finally cleaning up this place. ;) Keep up the good work. :)

p8ntball1016
12-20-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
his hammer of justice forked me over unfortunately... from 4000+ worthwhile posts, to 0 useless posts

it sucks... now i cant brag about crap on AO... its just kinda depressing now :(

edit: well... i do have one thing to brag about (pretty BIG thing about AO that i found out)... but the mods have forbidden me from spreading it

oh well... i still have my three screenshots to prove my 15 minutes of fame on ao :eek: me too. no post count and 400 posts gone.