PDA

View Full Version : X vs. E.... why?

Mrmacdude
12-19-2003, 02:03 AM
Ive seen this question before, but with no answer.
Why an X-mag instead of a nice(er) end E-Mag?

Dont get me wrong, the X is über secksay and all that good stuff... but i need more than that to warrant spending the dough.

Rope a Dope
12-19-2003, 02:21 AM
To some people that is important.

To me.. I like the looks of a full ULE E-mag better, it looks sleek.. not like a fancy english fauct.. but thats just me, my favorite color is black :)

Besides that, the X-Mag has an ACE (pointless with lvl X and a Halo) and an on/of switch (whoopie..). Oh and it has a removable breech.. which.. I don't like because it's held in place by the barrel. Good for cleaning.. but doesn't feel stable to me, how often do ya change from warm to vert?

Mrmacdude
12-19-2003, 02:22 AM
well, none at all, but maybe thats cause i dont have a removable breech system. Then again... maybe it isnt:p

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
12-19-2003, 02:23 AM
thats the reason for owning an x...its sexy, and a very low run gun. Sort of like having a ferrari...there are other cars out there that will blow its doors off, but hey man..it's a ferrari =) The ace is a nice add on also.

Tyril
12-19-2003, 06:54 AM
While this certainly isn't a major deal...

I find that playing in the extreme cold (like 20 F), causes my level ten to do some strange things. Things like leaking down the barrel with my normal sized carrier, and not resetting all the way with the larger springs.

In that case, having ACE would be very benificial.

Just my thoughts, I don't actually own one.

-mike

RRfireblade
12-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Rare,Sexy,Unique,Custom anno right from the factory,Sexy,Removable breech(nice for cleaning and a few other things),Ace and did I say Sexy?

Actually,if cost is an issue,$1400 is way too much for the benifits an Xmag provides over an all ULE Emag.Otherwise,you buy one,just cause it is what it is.

As far as the ACE goes,I would take the ACE system over the L10 if I had to pick one or the other.It simply works all the time,no pinches,no skipped shots and once dialed in it doesn't need to be re-tweaked as an L10 does every so often and it never leaks.I have my L10 set up fairly firm and with the ACE on,I get no chops and more shots per tank as well as being able to shoot down to a lower psi.(good for another 1-200 shots)

Jay.

hAppy
12-19-2003, 10:12 AM
emags can be lighter than xmags

xmags have sexier colors, and a higher used resale price (hangs around 1100 and up)

but i like the sleek look of an emag, and i love the milling on an xmag, honestly, one day i will get myself an xmag, one day....:(