PDA

View Full Version : Hey, what is the fastest marker?

jaret
08-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Hi, I am just wondering about what the fastest gun allowed in tournaments is? I assume the halo B would be the fastest hopper to keep up with the gun too. But my main question is your opinion on the fastest tourney marker. THX

brett
08-11-2003, 05:35 PM
there all the fastest, its just a matter of how fast you can shoot.

SG Avenger
08-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Depends how hard you throw the marker. though only a few have gotten into that part of the sport. I saw a spyder go pretty fast.

XVFrontplayer
08-11-2003, 07:20 PM
my freinds evolution w/ e-blade was doing around 20 bps w/paint and a halo b. it was so friggn fast we had to slow it down because the bolt didnt stay open long enugh for ball to load in. then at 18 bps the balls got in but the shootdown was so bad the balls were hiting eachother in mid air.

so i dont care if the board is rated at 66.6(shocktech) or 50 like the WAS board there is no gun that can do it.

but if we are going by hypthetical cycles the newest decked out Timmys are bleedn fast and so are the newest trixes and the speed is suposed to do 30. so take your pick:D

No sKiLLz
08-11-2003, 09:13 PM
NYX Matrix did 30.6 over a chrono at Chicago with eye on.

XVFrontplayer
08-11-2003, 09:24 PM
YEAH sure it did...what the hell was feeding it???

No sKiLLz
08-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Post by Alex Lundquist at PBNation.com

Originally posted by alle
I set both my NYX trixes to 25 in dwell (remember it starts on 5 so you want to have 20 blinks), the debounce on as low as possible ( it bounces less with paint than with air so check it with paint.)
I personally use a angel trigger on mine sense there is less weight on it wich results in less bounce wich results in that you can put the debounce lower wich increases the possible rate of fire.

Rate of fire with eye of ( I dont know I never had my eye fail) but I would probably set it safe sense I hate breaking paint.

Knock on wood I still havnt chopped a single ball with my NYX.

With these settings I was able to shoot 30.6 bps between 2 balls, avarage 19.6 and only difference 5 fps on a 30 ball stream in Chicago over the Xball chrono that was hooked up to a computer that meassured all these data.
Oh the best is that I havnt cleaned my marker in 5 months with several practices and 5 tournaments.

Hope my post helped you fellow NYX owners out there.

Egi rules.

Peace out.

Alex NYX.

jaret
08-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Sorry, but what is a "NYX trixe" marker? Where can I see one?

No sKiLLz
08-12-2003, 01:35 AM
www.nyxtremematrix.com (http://www.nyxtremematrix.com)

http://homepage.mac.com/alle/iMovieTheater6.html

WarBUCKs
08-12-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
NYX Matrix did 30.6 over a chrono at Chicago with eye on.

How do they feed it?

With these settings I was able to shoot 30.6 bps between 2 balls, avarage 19.6 and only difference 5 fps on a 30 ball stream in Chicago over the Xball chrono that was hooked up to a computer that meassured all these data.
Oh the best is that I havnt cleaned my marker in 5 months with several practices and 5 tournaments.

So, he only fired two balls to get the 30.6 bps and averaged 19.6 for 30 balls? Explain this to me cuz my math is screwy on 2 balls equalling 30.6 bps. When he says "between" 2 balls is he referring to how fast he can pull the trigger on a double shot and uses complicated math to get a number like 30.6? So, what would you divide by 30.6 to get the 2 balls he shot? The .6 throws me off too, cuz how did 60% of the last paintball make it into the time. The .6 shows me that he is using math to get the final result, i think!

I honestly think this happend:

Guy with NYX walks to chrono and fires a rope of 30 bps. Computer analyzes all data and determines that he shoots 19.6bps. Now, the computer looks again and reports that 3 milliseconds was the fastest time between 2 "random" balls that were shot over the chrono. The computer then takes the 2 balls reported and tells everyone if he could keep up with 3 milliseconds per ball he could shoot 30.6 bps.

I would prefer to see some hard data on this instead of a guy from the NYX team who is possibly making money off this stuff.

No sKiLLz
08-12-2003, 02:22 AM
I knew u would show up for this one Rob.

The red chrono we're supposed to buy clocks the time between shots. When you set it to clock max ROF it will take the closest of two shots from your stream (30 balls in this case) and a value will appear on the display that tells you, if you were able to maintain the ROF that resulted in the shortest time between shots, it would be equivalent to "X.X" BPS. Basically it clocks your maximum burst.

Now go get the Lasoya Timmy and get on the freakin field, you March of Dimes poster boy.:p

xXHavokXx
08-12-2003, 02:26 AM
i was about to say the same thing. I like how the WAS board clocks sustainable ROF acheived. I have a pic somewhere of my timmy telling me i hit 19 during a game.

WarBUCKs
08-12-2003, 02:32 AM
I made changes... while you were typing.. take a look.

No sKiLLz
08-12-2003, 02:35 AM
There is no proof, Rob. All this must be made up. End of discussion.

unknownguy
08-12-2003, 02:36 AM
i believe timmys to be the fastest markers, but that is because of their triggers

jim drew from WAS claims that the viking is the faststest marker

<B>*Warning: Sig too big*</B> -Miscue

WarBUCKs
08-12-2003, 02:40 AM
There is no proof, Rob. All this must be made up. End of discussion.

I didn't say it was made up and I think there are alot of people out there who could hit 3 milliseconds "walking" the trigger. When I hit the stop watch button on my watch I can stop it in .04 seconds. I will hit .03 soon sometime tonight... you wait and see.

No sKiLLz
08-12-2003, 02:44 AM
With what marker? That's the point of the thread. You obviously don't think the NYX is that special, so get your Lasoya and have a good time.:rolleyes:

Mega Man
08-12-2003, 02:52 AM
Well I can see this isnt going anywhere arguing which gun is faster. If you want the fastest gun, then get whichever gun you can shoot the fastest with out experiencing chopping and/or shut down. Many guns have very high recharge rates like the RT Pro, but the odds of you hitting over 30BPS are unlikely lol so it just depends on the guns recharge rate and trigger really.

WarBUCKs
08-12-2003, 02:57 AM
With what marker? That's the point of the thread. You obviously don't think the NYX is that special, so get your Lasoya and have a good time.:rolleyes:

I am actually not going to argue with you cuz you are being hostile to me. I will just argue with you in person.

WarBUCKs
08-12-2003, 03:23 AM
[
You should really PM your feelings for me.

Mega Man
08-12-2003, 03:28 AM
ROFL!

No sKiLLz
08-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Wow

wallace9111
08-12-2003, 11:12 AM
jim drew claims the viking is the fastest marker because it has the shortest throw. But these are of the markers that use was. SO viking, impulse, timmy.

Digits
08-13-2003, 03:16 AM
HAHAHAHa hahahahaha LOL

sorry just had to say that..

And who cares how fast you can shoot IMO anything over 13-15bps is a waste of paint

No sKiLLz
08-14-2003, 12:34 AM
And that was even more stupid. Army

RoadDawg
08-14-2003, 12:41 AM
No_Skillz... that trixie of yours is sweet and shoots a lot faster then any other marker I've shot. All I can say is damn that thing rips. By the way this last part of the thread has had some funny replies.

yeahthatsme
08-14-2003, 01:32 AM
from what i hear, the marker that can cycle the fastest is one of the aka guns(viking or excalibur) but mags are close behind, there is video of a mag going somehwere around 25 i believe it was. and i've seen video of a race'd cocker going 20 with little/no shootdown, so its all in how the guns set up and what kinda gun it is.

ckyguy
08-14-2003, 02:32 PM
viking-excaliber-timmy, those in my opinion are fastest

jaret
08-16-2003, 03:59 PM
I just wanted an answer to a question I had. I never intended this to become a vulgar arguement between 2 or 4 or 4 people. Can we please stick to the subject or not post at all. Thanks

FalconGuy016
08-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Jaret, the thing is, all upper end guns can shoot as fast as the person can. There is no practical "fastest" gun because it doesnt matter.

*ArKfEaR*
08-16-2003, 07:16 PM
All guns these days are fast cause pretty much any gun now with a halo or egg II with somekind of ehanced trigger (electro or RT) can rip.

Its just a fact of which can shoot faster more easily.

rikkter
08-16-2003, 07:25 PM

but to get back on topic, i've heard that some of the newer matrixes were really fast and to get on the trigger, not too sur eon which one it was tho, id otn know any of them. there was a video of someone shooting a viking on here pretty damn fast also

Retardrice
08-17-2003, 12:41 AM
STOP ALL YOUR ARGUING AND READ

the owner and creater of the was board and warped sports claimed and supposedly proved that the fastest cycling marker is a viking, then intimidator, then impulse... and seeing as how hes shot all guns with WAS board probably with the most debounce possible and as fast as possible he would be the most reliable man in his findings.

And i can vouge for vikings... insane... and the new vids on his site of the impulses with WAS boards says a lot as well.

rikkter
08-17-2003, 12:58 AM
well guns can obviously shoot pretty insane rates, now we jus tneed a hopper to keep up. but really why would you need anymore more than 20bps? would help in a lot of situations tho. if you got the money, whatttevver, just wanna be on your side:D

No sKiLLz
08-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Retardrice
STOP ALL YOUR ARGUING AND READ

the owner and creater of the was board and warped sports claimed and supposedly proved that the fastest cycling marker is a viking, then intimidator, then impulse... and seeing as how hes shot all guns with WAS board probably with the most debounce possible and as fast as possible he would be the most reliable man in his findings.

And i can vouge for vikings... insane... and the new vids on his site of the impulses with WAS boards says a lot as well.

Well, I guess that settles it. Everyone get a Viking. Someone close this thread already.:rolleyes:

FESTUS33
08-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by brett
there all the fastest, its just a matter of how fast you can shoot.
!!!!!!!

WickedAirSportz
08-17-2003, 08:55 PM
As far as markers that I have worked with, it breaks down like this (actual shooting of paint):

Viking - 26 bps
Impulse - 24 bps
Intimidator - 23 bps
Excalibur - 21 bps

I have not shot a prototype Equalizer board for the Matrix over our computer chrono yet, so I don't know how fast it will actually go. It's definitely a fast marker, but I am not sure just how fast because it all looks the same to me when you cross the 20 bps barrier... where you are paying more attention to when you have to load your hopper than the what you are shooting at! :)

magman007
08-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Jim, a matrix board eh? I cant wait to see what that is like!

also i hate to bother you on a different topic, but how are the warp boards comming?

also, ever consider an e-mag board? you might make us all bite our tounges in bliss!

FESTUS33
08-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by WickedAirSportz
when you cross the 20 bps barrier... where you are paying more attention to when you have to load your hopper than the what you are shooting at! :)
!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No sKiLLz
08-17-2003, 09:46 PM
As far as markers that I have worked with, it breaks down like this (actual shooting of paint):

Viking - 26 bps
Impulse - 24 bps
Intimidator - 23 bps
Excalibur - 21 bps

I have not shot a prototype Equalizer board for the Matrix over our computer chrono yet, so I don't know how fast it will actually go. It's definitely a fast marker, but I am not sure just how fast because it all looks the same to me when you cross the 20 bps barrier... where you are paying more attention to when you have to load your hopper than the what you are shooting at! :)

An equalizer for the Matrix? Interesting. Is there a benchmark you're using i.e. the gun 20 chip or the Xtreme board from Eggy an Fisu? When r u going to test it? For LED or LCD? Eye ready? Enough questions?:D

WickedAirSportz
08-17-2003, 09:51 PM
We will have our own eye system for the Matrix, because for some reason everyone is putting the eyes in the WRONG location, and it slows the marker down. If you do some searches you will find people complaining that the Matrix shoots slower with the eyes on than off, and this is why.

I am still playing with the Warp board. I burned up the prototype seeing what would happen when you stalled the motor with brand new batteries... it fried the diode and MOSFET on the board. Interesting that it fried the MOSFET considering that it is suppose to be able to handle 60 amps of current - and there is no way two 9v batteries can supply more than 1.5 amps before exploding. I am guessing the part was bad. I will replace the parts and check it out again. We have 9 Equalizer boards in production currently, so things are little bit busy right now.

No sKiLLz
08-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Well good luck Jim. Can't wait to see what you can do with the Matrix.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-17-2003, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't mind getting an NYX...but all the guys from Matrixowner.com seem to be jerks...turned me off big time..

No sKiLLz
08-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Yea, they are. It's definitely a totally different place over there, but pbnation has a much friendlier gen-e forum. I usually go to Matrixowner if there is a problem or question. But yeah, they are realy wierd over there.

Marek
08-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Viking - 26 bps
Impulse - 24 bps
Intimidator - 23 bps
Excalibur - 21 bps

You stated on another thread that you shot a Timmy doing 41 cps. What was on the Timmy? Also, have you tried the Viking dry firing? How fast did that go?

DiRTyBuNNy
08-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Yeah...the mods just came across as cocky a-holes...I may not know everything...but I've been in paintball for 10 years..don't treat me like an idiot..and that's the first thing they did..I felt like a freshman in HS all over again..

Taco
08-18-2003, 12:42 AM
its fun to watch every1 just argue... i think that the timmy is faster than a impy... ive seen 1 go 26 bps... thats fast

TheBigRaguPB4L
08-18-2003, 12:51 AM
no no no no no, you've got it all wrong. I am the fastest marker.

Marek
08-18-2003, 12:54 AM
Talon is the fastest.