PDA

View Full Version : What Wicked Air Sports thinks of LVL 10!

pito189
08-01-2002, 01:05 AM
The link to the thread. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117346&perpage=21&pagenumber=1
__________________________________________________ __________

I just looked at the LVL10 and I think I am going to catch hell for saying this... but what is so fantastic about it?

The LVL10 uses a 2 stage mechanism, one for a slower moving bolt to push the ball into place, and then a fast stage to expell the air.

The Intimidator's pneumatics produce a similar result. When you engage the solenoid, the air pressure is reversed and the ram (and bolt) start moving forward, building speed. The acceleration rate is proportional to the distance of travel. The farther you go, the faster you will pick up speed. Since the bolt sits right behind the feed tube, you get about .68" of travel before the ball is in place far enough to fire. The ball travels even further though when the hammer is struck, opening the poppet and then expelling the ball.

It takes roughly 7ms for the Intimidator's bolt to move the .68", and 1ms for it to move the remaining distance (about .47").

The rest of the cycle time is the ram/bolt returning, which takes up to 3 times longer to go backwards than forwards.

If the mag bolt will cycle at 20ms, then the "slow speed" 1st stage can't be that slow.

I do like the simplicity of the design of the LVL10.
__________________________________________________ __________

Well isn't he just a nice guy. He doesnt realize what is so fantastic about it. I wonder if he woul stick his tongue in an equalizer timmy???? hmmmmmm:confused:

paintslinger
08-01-2002, 01:10 AM
lol yea really

somebody please get this guy some lvl10 videos

Kevmag
08-01-2002, 01:12 AM
Ok, scratch what I said above.

The LVL10 idea is pretty slick. I did not see the front outlet that prevents the 2nd stage from actuating until the 1st stage is complete. You should be able to put your finger down the feed tube and pull the trigger without cutting your finger off, correct?

Hmm... there are several adaptations of similar types of technology that could be tried with the Intimidator's pneumatics. Not that it matters too much since it is not possible to chop a ball if the eyes are working.

FYI - here's his follow-on post about 20min later.

pito189
08-01-2002, 01:15 AM
He said what he said. No taking it back now. I won't be happy till he shoots his tongue in a Equalizer Timmy!:eek:

freek133
08-01-2002, 01:29 AM
pito, you got mad skills with making people laugh:D

MrMag
08-01-2002, 02:03 AM
yah, that guys has some probs not excepting mags. hell even liigod likes lvl10 and he hated his mag, but now he is building another one. this guy needs to learn ho to respect, this is paintball marker bashing!

Cliffio
08-01-2002, 02:03 AM
so this is Wicked Air Sports NOT Warped Sportz

you might wanna make that clear

Cliff

paintslinger
08-01-2002, 02:21 AM
lol yea

Jack & Coke
08-01-2002, 02:48 AM
bashing sucks... especially if you're bashing the merits of your competition just for the sake of promoting your own product.

The level 10 kicks butt and is revolutionary! "What's so good about it?" Pffft! :mad: That comment reeks of immature jealousy and attention starving feet stomping!

DiRTyBuNNy
08-01-2002, 03:10 AM
Well...since the WAS guy isn't on here I'll speak my peace..he's pretty arrogant...always has been...and doesn't seem to look up facts very much and falls back on his "I've run a software development company for blah blah blah years and I know what i'm talking about..." ...he gets really irritating...to me at least...and very confrontational.

manike
08-01-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
bashing sucks... especially if you're bashing the merits of your competition just for the sake of promoting your own product.

Alleluyah! That's exactly why I have a problem with many of his claims.

He does make some good products. He just comes out with such BS and exagerated claims to get them to sell. I expect they would sell well even if he didn't hype them.

manike

Load SM5
08-01-2002, 07:19 AM
I like my Turbrev Board, but all this guy is making me want to do lately is rip it out of my hopper and throw it at him.

pito189
08-01-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio
so this is Wicked Air Sports NOT Warped Sportz

you might wanna make that clear

Cliff

It is Wicked Air Sports, not Warped Sprotz my fault. Good call Cliff

If you go and read through that thread, this guy is total genius :rolleyes:. I mean his products are so much better obviously just because Bob Long says so :rolleyes:. He said that with lvl 10 there is still the ability to chop. There is still the ability to chop with his beloved Equalizer Timmy. Either as soon as the batteries run out? Some paint gets on the lense of the Eyes?

Why won't he just stick his tongue in the breech. I mean if the Timmy is God's gift to this Earth. I want him to at least shot his finger.

The Eye is an electronic system. That means it can short out, go down, etc. Will the Timmy still not chop paint after that. The only way lvl 10 will not work is if....um well you could...no....well if you ran out of air I suppose you couldn't use lvl 10.

This guy is hillarious. I just wanted to buy some of his products because he says they are so GREAT.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gecko
08-01-2002, 09:15 AM
guys please don't go into that forum and flame him. Makes AO look like a bunch of 14 yr olds. I think manike and butterfingers are doing a sufficently good job of making him look like a fool
Gecko

subbeh
08-01-2002, 09:24 AM
I don't really think he was bashing... he has his product TASTES just like we do, obviously.

He said he didn't understand WHY the lvl 10 was so great. He explained what he thought it was. Then he found out he really DIDN'T understand why the lvl 10 was so great, and corrected himself...

We defend mags die hard, he defends timmys die hard.

Jack & Coke
08-01-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
...he's pretty arrogant...he gets really irritating...to me at least...and very confrontational.

DiRTyBuNNy is correct.

subbeh
08-01-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by subbeh
I don't really think he was bashing... he has his product TASTES just like we do, obviously.

He said he didn't understand WHY the lvl 10 was so great. He explained what he thought it was. Then he found out he really DIDN'T understand why the lvl 10 was so great, and corrected himself...

We defend mags die hard, he defends timmys die hard.

OK. I just read the whole thread... this guy IS a retard. He should admit that the Timmy is indeed a great product, but as of now still has drawbacks... as all markers do.

pito189
08-01-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by subbeh

OK. I just read the whole thread... this guy IS a retard. He should admit that the Timmy is indeed a great product, but as of now still has drawbacks... as all markers do.

I was wondering if you had read that whole thread. I'm sure he is just like we are. I will defend the E-Mag to my death.

It's going down on Sunday. mmmm I get to use the beast against some real players (they shoot E-Mags too). I'm ready ready ready ready. I was just laying on the ground using my bed as a bunker practicing staying tight with the warp. CRAZYINESS ALDFJHFEFJOH

Timmee
08-01-2002, 10:50 AM
I say, let's see some hard data comparing the Timmy to the E-Magnum (with and without batteries :D ), then see who wins.

Kevmaster
08-01-2002, 11:10 AM
the finger thing isnt that impressive. ive stuck my finger in my stock RM at 95psi Bolt pressure with no real pain, and then when i did it again (at 75psi) it did feel much better. so they thats nut gunna hurt him too much to do that....now the tounge....

EnderWigginPballin
08-01-2002, 11:17 AM
what non-Mag people don't realize is that all the Cockers and other guns that can pinch, use LPRs and Pneus to make their guns pinch... Level 10 doesn't use an LPR, so it retains the simplicity that Mags are famous for.....

Someone should tell him that his Intimidator is a glorified Spyder.....

***The new timmies are still open bolt with a hammer under the bolt right?***

Thordic
08-01-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by EnderWigginPballin
Someone should tell him that his Intimidator is a glorified Spyder.....

***The new timmies are still open bolt with a hammer under the bolt right?***

Intimidators are based off the same design, yes.

In fact, to make the Classic, Bob Long remilled some of his Spyder Millenium bodies so I hear.

Not that it matters, though. Intimidators are done right, and are excellent guns.

Bashing Intimidators doesnt make Mags any better just like bashing Mags doesnt make Timmies any better.

Sinnet
08-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
"What's so good about it?" Pffft!

when they say that, tell them pffft is exactly what's good about it :)

Top Secret
08-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by bunkerhugger
I love Miscue.

Read his 6:39 post.

That has to be one of the greatest posts ever. :D

shartley
08-01-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by bunkerhugger
I love Miscue.

Read his 6:39 post.
Dude! Miscue! You need to take a step away from me….. If you keep posting like that people will think you caught something from me. ;)

Great post. :D BRAVO

DiRTyBuNNy
08-01-2002, 01:35 PM
although I think WAS should hire Sam as his PR agent so that he doesn't open his mouth again just to stick his foot in it...

cphilip
08-01-2002, 01:41 PM
The part that realy gets me is his defense at the end of "the eye" being the salvation so therefore a defense of his early conclusion it is not a great product. And then the members keep pointing out it's universal application to non electros and so far he is ignoring that. And thats the coolest part!!!!

Foot in mouth disease. How often we see that even here huh? He should expect for people to call BS and ask for proof. His thinking this one through was certainly lacking. He has been exagerating stuff for years. And he has a good product that would stand on it's own! But he could ruin it if he choses to continue to take this road.

Look for him to duplicate the lvl 10 and he seems already to be eluding to he already has something similar already. Although what he describes is a far cry from this and is totally electronic dependent. Wait and see... :rolleyes:

Miscue
08-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Hehe.

/me uses his Computer Science background for evil purposes. Hehehe.

EnderWigginPballin
08-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Hehe.

I just read that post, lol

:cool: <--Miscue

:confused: <-- WAS

:eek: <-- Also WAS

Patron God of Pirates
08-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Hehe.

That was absolutely brutal. You had me genuinely feeling sorry for the guy.

EnderWigginPballin
08-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates

you felt sorry for him? I just posted that

"There's not an ice cube's chance in hell of me ever buying a WAS product"

Miscue
08-01-2002, 02:55 PM
Dunno if you should not buy his products just cuz of this... although should make you think twice.

His stuff seems to be good... maybe even better than other stuff that's out there. Would be worth getting his stuff simply because of this - if it really is better... but it's hard to tell based off of what he says w/o having the thing in your hands to check out.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-01-2002, 02:57 PM
It's funny..go into the timmy forum and these guys are getting up on this guy like we are to Tom...except Tom likes to smash myths...WAS likes to create new ones through ignorance...

Miscue
08-01-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates

I'm brutal in that my accounting of the truth is accurate and thorough.

EnderWigginPballin
08-01-2002, 03:02 PM
Dunno if you should not buy his products just cuz of this... although should make you think twice.

shhh.... don't tell anyone, but I was never considering buying a Turborev board in the first place....... ;)

why waste money on an upgrade for my Revolution when I can't outshoot it anyway?

as for aftermarket boards for electros..... if the stock board isn't good enough, is the gun worth buying?

irbodden
08-01-2002, 03:10 PM
Grow up :rolleyes:

So the guy doesn't bow down to level 10, should he? Heck, his Timmy doesn't chop in the first place! And guess whose shoots faster? :rolleyes: (The Emag can "arguably" shoot as fast)

Who the hell cares if you can stick your tongue in a gun? It isn't something I plan on doing.

You guys are turning into zombies. He doesn't think level 10 is the greatest thing in the world, so he is wrong? Run to pbnation to defend level 10 even though he didn't even 'dis' it! How dare he say that his Timmy is a good gun! We all know nothing besides AGD products are good!

..steps off soap box

*Edit* I only read what was quoted in this thread.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-01-2002, 03:18 PM
Wow...someone's got a negativity problem today, don't they...did i not just say..people jock him like we jock Tom...and that's fine...but see..here is where it changes..Tom destroys myths...WAS like to create them through ignorance..I'm fine with other people thinking other markers are better..that's their own opinion..but when WAS starts smacking around my marker like it's some little b***h and he knows less about the Mag than the average man on the street. ..that's what i take offense to...

freek133
08-01-2002, 03:21 PM
The people of agd defend their stuff all the time when other people take shots at their stuff, why get all hot and bothered when we take a shot at someone else for once. Chill out irbodden, just havin some fun.

and the shot was a very good one, I said shot for lack of better words.

irbodden
08-01-2002, 03:22 PM
How did he smack around your "marker"?

Heck, all he said was level 10 is similar to how his Timmy works!

So now everyone from AO needs to run over to PBNation to start a war over level 10? Ssh :rolleyes:

EnderWigginPballin
08-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
How did he smack around your "marker"?

Heck, all he said was level 10 is similar to how his Timmy works!

So now everyone from AO needs to run over to PBNation to start a war over level 10? Ssh :rolleyes:

I really don't see a similarity... Timmy has an LPR to lower the operating pressure...... AGD achieved pinching without complicated pneumatics! the guy is worse than me, and I can talk myself into no win situations without opening my mouth!

irbodden
08-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Yeah, starting a flame war, fun..

Heck, by starting a war he is just going to keep defending himself saying more and more lies about Automags for new players to buy into.

Why not have ONE eductated person go in there with a nice reply and leave it at that? When everyone from AO rushes over there he is going to feel personally attacked and make up more.

But go ahead, I can't stop you.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-01-2002, 03:30 PM
I think Miscue and Butterfingers did exactly what you're saying..I could have said enough to fill a novel..but i'm here talking about the guy here on AO...

irbodden
08-01-2002, 03:42 PM
Yes, those two did do whats right.

But not all the other goons who ran behind. If the guy is put on the defense, he'll make up more lies.

Correct what the guy said wrong, but don't be zombies. He has the right NOT to have to bow down to level 10, and he has the right to think his Timmy is better than any AGD gun. (Most people do... LOL)

His gun didn't chop in the first place!

This reminds me of the pre level 10 wars, when everyone ran over to PBNation to fight how their Automag NEVER chopped..

Patron God of Pirates
08-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Goons eh.........?

irbodden
08-01-2002, 03:58 PM
I read what was deemed important by the creator of this thread. I don't have time to shift thru that trash.

From what I read, this guy was a moron for not thinking level ten was the best thing ever. And he thought his Timmy was good, so he was also stupid.

Patron God of Pirates
08-01-2002, 04:01 PM
Which is a perfectly good explanation for calling us goons?

If you don't have the time to know what your talking about, don't talk about it.

irbodden
08-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Yes, abunch of you DID act like goons.

Got a problem with that? I have read most of that thread now, and skimmed thru it earlier.

Have fun with your Mag wars on PBNation, look immature and make this guy write more trash about the Mag.

08-01-2002, 04:09 PM
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/x7abux/images/owned2.jpg

Man this is a great picure.:D

FactsOfLife
08-01-2002, 04:20 PM
I read what was deemed important by the creator of this thread. I don't have time to shift thru that trash.

So you make your argument that we are "goons" without first gathering all the available evidence? You're as bad as he is.

From what I read, this guy was a moron for not thinking level ten was the best thing ever. And he thought his Timmy was good, so he was also stupid.

That about sums it up, yes.

The prior line was edited for IRBoddens sensibilities.

freek133
08-01-2002, 04:32 PM

Got a problem with that?

I got a problem with that, I didnt go over there and flame him, I dont think any of the people who went over there from here flamed him, sure they told him to stick his tounge in the gun, that is not a flame, thats telling him to stick his tounge in his gun. It can be taken several ways but its not a flame untill people start cussing and making dumb comments and thats not what the guys here at ao did.

Patron God of Pirates
08-01-2002, 04:41 PM

Got a problem with that?

It would be so much easier to just apologize for calling people goons then to stand behind your own haste. More so because it is impossible to do the later without looking like a "goon" yourself.

And no, I have no problem with being called a goon. In fact I'm changing my tag line.

I'm removing myself from this argument before I fail altogether to take my own advice.

irbodden
08-01-2002, 04:46 PM
Ah, I love going against the flow! How nice, I skimmed it, didn't read it all. But yes, some people ran over there to flame him. Heck people admitted they ran over there to start a flame war because it's "fun".

So I guess I am totally a stupid moron forever thinking some of you ACTED like goons.

:rolleyes:

irbodden
08-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by freek133
The people of agd defend their stuff all the time when other people take shots at their stuff, why get all hot and bothered when we take a shot at someone else for once. Chill out irbodden, just havin some fun.

and the shot was a very good one, I said shot for lack of better words.

"Just havin some fun"

.. Doing what?

Starting a flame war! Some people DID get carried away on the thread, and DID act like goons.

I will NOT take what I said back.

freek133
08-01-2002, 04:53 PM
Could I ask who said it was fun to flame people?

irbodden
08-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife
So you make your argument that we are "goons" without first gathering all the available evidence?

Don't ya love it when people quote each sentance. I guess they think they look smarter doing it? This is something that the PBCers started awhile ago to try and 'flame people'.

Well, I said SOME people acted like goons. Which is TRUTH. I don't need to read every post to see someone acting immature. And DON'T try to defend it by saying, "well he started it!"

You're as bad as he is.

I 'gathered' my evidence, certain people did handle themselves bad in that thread, yes. And they were also AOers. And how dare I speak my mind.. gasp!

That about sums it up yes.

Nice and rude. Its "That about sums it up, yes." Next time, when you try and deliver a rude closing statement, please remember the comma. :rolleyes:

irbodden
08-01-2002, 04:58 PM
Could I ask who said it was fun to flame people?

You did!

"We should have some fun for once"

freek133
08-01-2002, 05:00 PM

"Just havin some fun"

.. Doing what?

I was not starting a flame war, I will say that the post I made previously was sloppy, I didnt look over it. I was not having fun starting a flame war, I was having fun combating you, Its great to have a couple arguements once in a while. Thats why I said, just having some fun.

dont get "hot and bothered" over this irbodden, even though I dont like you calling them goons.:rolleyes:

take out the for once or take out the quotes.

irbodden
08-01-2002, 05:08 PM

I was not starting a flame war, I will say that the post I made previously was sloppy, I didnt look over it. I was not having fun starting a flame war, I was having fun combating you, Its great to have a couple arguements once in a while. Thats why I said, just having some fun.

dont get "hot and bothered" over this irbodden, even though I dont like you calling them goons.:rolleyes:

take out the for once or take out the quotes.

Well, if you didn't mean it, I am sorry for bringing YOUR name into it.

I honestly like the second paragraph of your post. You didn't resort to a personal flame like the other guys. Bravo.

Not sure what the third paragraph means? :confused:

Catch me on Aim and I'll take you out of it, while still trying to defend myself.

If anyone DOESN'T think people got out of hand, read it again. And if you STILL can't find it. I'll show you.

MikeCouves
08-01-2002, 05:24 PM
Anyways, changing the subject.

I just read Miscue's post, that was too good. It was like advanced SHUT THE HELL UP! Lol very good Miscue, very good!

FactsOfLife
08-01-2002, 05:52 PM

Don't ya love it when people quote each sentance. I guess they think they look smarter doing it? This is something that the PBCers started awhile ago to try and 'flame people'.

Well, I said SOME people acted like goons. Which is TRUTH. I don't need to read every post to see someone acting immature. And DON'T try to defend it by saying, "well he started it!"

I 'gathered' my evidence, certain people did handle themselves bad in that thread, yes. And they were also AOers. And how dare I speak my mind.. gasp!

Nice and rude. Its "That about sums it up, yes." Next time, when you try and deliver a rude closing statement, please remember the comma. :rolleyes:

If that's the worst thing I've done on here,(comma) then I'll have no trouble sleeping tonight.

I am suprised at your ability to use the internet from your perch on the high horse. Very impressive.

irbodden
08-01-2002, 05:58 PM

If that's the worst thing I've done on here,(comma) then I'll have no trouble sleeping tonight.

I am suprised at your ability to use the internet from your perch on the high horse. Very impressive.

Ah, another personal attack. How nice. You Don't even care what the topic is? As long as you try to make look bad ofcourse.

And you take offense to the term "goon"? (Which I didn't call you :rolleyes: )

Have a good night sleep :rolleyes:

DiRTyBuNNy
08-01-2002, 05:59 PM
yeah..doesn't Irbodden remind you of that guy Simon on that Fox show American Idol(s)...hehehehhehehe..:D :D :D

irbodden
08-01-2002, 06:10 PM
yeah..doesn't Irbodden remind you of that guy Simon on that Fox show American Idol(s)...hehehehhehehe..:D :D :D

Hahah, I got a kick out of that.

I started by telling everyone to lay off the guy and act decently over there, but now I am defending myself from personal flames. LOL

Its hard to go against the grain on AO.

:)

DiRTyBuNNy
08-01-2002, 06:21 PM
i was only kidding and anyone who has heard about the show knows the guy i'm talking about...and in no way was that a "real" personal flame against you..just trying to lighten up the tension a little...:D :D :D

joeyjoe367
08-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MikeCouves
Anyways, changing the subject.

I just read Miscue's post, that was too good. It was like advanced SHUT THE HELL UP! Lol very good Miscue, very good!

Lol, Really. Miscue, did you give him a can of vasoline with that?

FactsOfLife
08-01-2002, 06:39 PM

Ah, another personal attack. How nice. You Don't even care what the topic is? As long as you try to make look bad ofcourse.

And you take offense to the term "goon"? (Which I didn't call you :rolleyes: )

Have a good night sleep :rolleyes:

Get down off the cross son, somebody needs the wood.

No one started flaming YOU until you decided that a number of AO users were, in your own words, "being goons".

Since you didn't specify who was and who was not a "goon" over there, why shouldn't I and anyone else who responded to the thread be offended?

And like you said before, anyone who somehow attempts to now defend themselves is only saying "well HE started it". What a fine piece of reasoning. Spock would be proud.

Thank you, I sleep very well indeed. Small children notwithstanding.

irbodden
08-01-2002, 06:40 PM
i was only kidding and anyone who has heard about the show knows the guy i'm talking about...and in no way was that a "real" personal flame against you..just trying to lighten up the tension a little...:D :D :D

No, I enjoyed that. LOL

The personal flames were coming from OTHER people, not you.

No worries,

-RS

irbodden
08-01-2002, 06:50 PM

Get down off the cross son, somebody needs the wood.

No one started flaming YOU until you decided that a number of AO users were, in your own words, "being goons".

Since you didn't specify who was and who was not a "goon" over there, why shouldn't I and anyone else who responded to the thread be offended?

And like you said before, anyone who somehow attempts to now defend themselves is only saying "well HE started it". What a fine piece of reasoning. Spock would be proud.

Thank you, I sleep very well indeed. Small children notwithstanding.

Starting out with yet ANOTHER personal attack.

I didn't say how many people acted like goons, nor did I give names. It isn't my job to say who went out of line, hoepfully AOers are mature enough to tell whats right and wrong.

I don't get where your going with the "well he started it" line. Mind filling me in?

-RS

FactsOfLife
08-01-2002, 07:00 PM

Starting out with yet ANOTHER personal attack.

I didn't say how many people acted like goons, nor did I give names. It isn't my job to say who went out of line, hoepfully AOers are mature enough to tell whats right and wrong.

I don't get where your going with the "well he started it" line. Mind filling me in?

-RS

aren't you cute. everyone else is the bad guy. I'm bored by this thread and more immediately bored by you.

I am not interested in chasing down every quote needed to show you how wrong YOU are. You made a statement calling "some" AO members goons. It's in the thread. YOU go find it. You also made a comment stating anyone who disagreed, and I'll paraphrase here, was simply saying "well HE started it". Again, YOU go look it up, I'm not interested in arguing on an internet forum with a 15 year old.

respond if you like, I no longer care.

cphilip
08-01-2002, 07:04 PM
Ir, perhaps you should actualy read the guys first posts. He did get outa line, exagerate and speak without any knowledge. And he got smacked for it all with facts. And now he is completely flip flopping on the whole thing. It seems he underestimated the "facts" that would be thrown at him because he is used to selling his "snake oil" on PBC. Anyway go read the whole thing without a chip on your shoulder and with an open mind. I think our reps did a good job of discrediting him and putting him on the right road. I don't expect it to last but up until this afternoon it was a real clean but whoopin.

irbodden
08-01-2002, 07:19 PM
Facts of Life- You didn't do anything out of line on the that thread, and you knew it. Yet you jumped on me looking for a "fight". I am sorry if you don't see what I am saying, but I don't like your repeated personal attacks.

Phil- He was wrong, and Miscue and handful of others corrected him perfectly. Than some guys from AO ran over there with their flames. Acting like "goons."

Everyone on AO says how much greater we are than on the other forums, when we are on other forums shouldn't we act as we do here? Heck, even better, we can bring some more 'mature' goes from other forums over here. Some guys got VERY out of hand and his thread and besides correcting his mistakes also flamed him for his personal beliefs. (Besides his misconceptions)

I personally don't feel its right. And once again, there were some VERY strong intelligent posts made by guys from the forum. However there were also guys going over there for a flame war.

-RS

freek133
08-01-2002, 10:35 PM

Well, if you didn't mean it, I am sorry for bringing YOUR name into it.

I honestly like the second paragraph of your post. You didn't resort to a personal flame like the other guys. Bravo.

Not sure what the third paragraph means? :confused:

Catch me on Aim and I'll take you out of it, while still trying to defend myself.

You really shouldnt be sorry about bringing me into it, you had every right to, my post was very sloppy and didnt represent what I was saying at all.

Thanks, I thought since we were arguing on two different levels then I wouldnt combat you anymore

in the third paragraph, You quoted me wrong:p (I found that entertaining)

alright, Ill catch you on aim.

I am taking myself out of the arguement with irbodden.

manike
08-02-2002, 05:53 AM
Darn, that will teach me to go out for the evening and miss all the fun. :(

It looks like the thread got removed :(

Guys when disproving hype we need to be careful that we do it with fact and don't let the hype mongers use our bad behaviour or flaming as tools against us. It's much more valid to prove issues with maturity and fact. It puts your arguement across better and helps bring more converts. If you come across as knowledgeable and respectful it always makes their 'squirming' look less valid.

If you become abusive it just makes you look bad. I always feel you can tell when someone is losing a debate because they start clutching at straws or being offensive.

Anyone got a copy of Miscue's post? I'm intrigued to know what he wrote :)

manike

SSMercury
08-02-2002, 06:10 AM
Yeah, I think it was deleted right as I was reading it. It pulled up the first page, and then said invalid thread when I clicked page 2 to find what Miscue had posted. I think it was shortly after midnight CST.

shartley
08-02-2002, 06:55 AM
In my opinion the thread should not have been deleted. I was going to make a quite lengthy post about why I thought it was deleted, but I think we all know the reason….. one of their “Heros” got crushed. And I am disappointed that the Staff of that forum removed the thread, it would have NEVER been deleted here… because we are interested in FACTS.

Someone in his position (WAS) should be careful what he says online (actually anywhere), and if he gets in trouble because he can not make a logical, rational, or factual argument… he should learn from it and keep his mouth shut.

I am sincerely not trying to be rude. But not everyone gets blinded by “who” someone is, and just take what they say as gospel truth… we address actual issues, statements, etc. The HYPE mill can be a dangerous thing if you don’t understand one simple principle… there is a big difference between using hype to “promote” facts, and using it to “create” facts. One will hold up to scrutiny and the other blows away like smoke in a magic act….

Sometimes a company’s (or a person’s) worse enemy can be themselves…. It seems that this was the case this time. But I have a feeling he will not learn (judging from the other comments about his previous posts on other matters). Oh well.

Again, I am disappointed that they deleted the thread… they did not MAKE him post what he did, and they should not have “protected” him by deleting the thread either… poor form in my opinion…..

manike
08-02-2002, 07:22 AM
Agreed.

The thing about deleting threads is it makes it look like there is something to hide.

If some people get out of hand in a thread then delete their posts and ban them, but don't delete the whole thread :(

This is another reason why we need to be careful about the nature of our posts. We don't want to provide excuses to get them deleted.

Come to think of it, I remember another discussion thread way back with WAS on his loader board getting deleted when he ran out of comebacks :rolleyes:

manike

Tyril
08-02-2002, 08:36 AM
Anyone kindly direct me to Miscue's Post of Ownage?

I'm at work at the moment, and as such, don't have time to dig around looking.

thanks!

-mike

shartley
08-02-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Tyril
Anyone kindly direct me to Miscue's Post of Ownage?

I'm at work at the moment, and as such, don't have time to dig around looking.

thanks!

-mike
Did you read this thread? ;)

It is clearly stated by several people that the other forum DELETED it. Hopefully Miscue still has a copy on his system… but there is no place to direct you to since it has been taken offline.

DarkRipper
08-02-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by EnderWigginPballin
what non-Mag people don't realize is that all the Cockers and other guns that can pinch, use LPRs and Pneus to make their guns pinch... Level 10 doesn't use an LPR, so it retains the simplicity that Mags are famous for.....

I don't know about this last statement. I think that the Level 10 is a Godsend for Automags, and I think that it should be something to get AGD to be a major player with the recballers and TWiBs again, but just as simple? Nah. It's more complex. Look at all the work it took to get it working...

Anyway. I'd consider an emag again with level 10 if they made one without the magnets. Oh yeah, it'd have to have the cocker barrel threading too.

DR

Tyril
08-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Yeah, Shartley, I did read the thread =)

I was wondering if anyone made a copy and posted it in such a place that I could be directed to... just wondering what all the buzz is about

-mike

manike
08-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by DarkRipper
Anyway. I'd consider an emag again with level 10 if they made one without the magnets. Oh yeah, it'd have to have the cocker barrel threading too.

DR

C&C Extreme :)

but what don't you like about the magnets? With one magnet my trigger feels very similar to a friends Dark Angel, except mine doesn't go click :) the weight and feel is so similar though.

manike

DarkRipper
08-02-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by manike

C&C Extreme :)

but what don't you like about the magnets? With one magnet my trigger feels very similar to a friends Dark Angel, except mine doesn't go click :) the weight and feel is so similar though.

manike

I had an emag, and the trigger felt very mushy. I prefer a tactile click to let me know when I've pulled once. It's really a matter of preference for me.

Anyway... I'd buy one with a dome or leaf.

DR

manike
08-02-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by DarkRipper
Anyway... I'd buy one with a dome or leaf.

DR

It would be possible to retro fit such a switch.

WDP are actually trying to get away from mechanical switches due to problems with reliability. That's why they came out with the new optotrigger. In effect it is just moving a bit of spring metal back and forth to block/open a light beam. I wonder how they will get on with it. It didn't feel mushy when I tried it, but it did feel similar to my C&C.

As you say it all comes down to preference :)

manike

cledford
08-02-2002, 10:04 AM
What a bunch of crap! It must be the mod over at the loader forum as the thread about the new Timmy board is still up on that forum. Jim mus be bud's with one of the mods if this is the second time it's happened - we should go back over and start up a new one that sticks to the facts (no flames) and does not deviate from addressing his bogus claims regarding the loader board - not level 10.

-Calvin

shartley
08-02-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by cledford
What a bunch of crap! It must be the mod over at the loader forum as the thread about the new Timmy board is still up on that forum. Jim mus be bud's with one of the mods if this is the second time it's happened - we should go back over and start up a new one that sticks to the facts (no flames) and does not deviate from addressing his bogus claims regarding the loader board - not level 10.

-Calvin
I would suggest not starting another one, that would look like you are sporting for a fight, no matter how “factual” you keep it.

What I would suggest is to sit back and weight until he opens his mouth again and THEN address the issue. ;) And from past history, we know it will not be long before you get your chance. :D

(Or if the same topic is in another thread, you may want to address it THERE.. just not start a new one.)

Top Secret
08-02-2002, 10:13 AM
The post should not have been deleted. They are pretty much hiding the evidence the WAS, their almighty hero, was acting out of line, and from readin the early posts, actually initiated the Timmy Mag war. Then later on accused AO-ers of turning it into a Timmy Mag war. His first glorious post was something along the lines of, "The Intimidator can shoot 35bps, is the fastest gun on the planet, and will never ever chop a ball ever." Had nothing whatsoever to do with the thread as I recall...

Well WAS just lost my business, I was about to buy two TurboRev boards for my Warped Mags, and going to pick up a Timmy soon. Odessy will be getting my business now. Thanks for showing off your rampant ingnorance Jim Drew.

Don't try and sell me hype. Show me proof.

Don't buy the hype! :cool:

DarkRipper
08-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by manike

It would be possible to retro fit such a switch.

WDP are actually trying to get away from mechanical switches due to problems with reliability. That's why they came out with the new optotrigger. In effect it is just moving a bit of spring metal back and forth to block/open a light beam. I wonder how they will get on with it. It didn't feel mushy when I tried it, but it did feel similar to my C&C.

As you say it all comes down to preference :)

manike

Interesting! I wonder where I could get that done...

kevdupuis
08-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Ouch, what a series of posts. I came home from work at 1am and missed the action. All I can do is hope Miscue has a copy of the thread and post it up for those who missed it to read, and learn what this was all about.

shartley
08-02-2002, 05:19 PM
I must make an open apology to the Mods at the other forum. It seems they were not the ones to delete the thread. All other statements I made however are still in effect…. LOL ;)

manike
08-02-2002, 06:10 PM
The guy who started the thread deleted it.

He was asked to in PM's but won't openly say who asked him to do it...

He is currently waiting to get a WAS board. His sig says "was equalizer board(soon)"

We can draw our own conclusions from the evidence before us. If there is nothing to hide why not say who asked him to delete the thread?

manike (finding conspiracies everywhere) :D

(Am still very interested to get a copy of Miscue's post.)

cledford
08-02-2002, 07:24 PM
I jumped on the Mods and they wern't even involved. My apoligies to them.

-Calvin

WickedAirSportz
08-20-2002, 07:57 PM
The facts...
He was asked to in PM's but won't openly say who asked him to do it...

Wrong... the entire PBNation database was lost. A backup copy, which was approximately 5 days old was put in place of the completely lost file(s).

If you read PBNation news, you would know that.

Miscue
08-20-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by WickedAirSportz

Wrong... the entire PBNation database was lost. A backup copy, which was approximately 5 days old was put in place of the completely lost file(s).

Nope. I was in that thread the moment it was deleted. PBN did not go down... everything else was fine.

cphilip
08-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Not one thread is missing but that one that I know of...

Butterfingers
08-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Gotta call you on this one WAS.

A thread was in fact deleted before the database dump.

WickedAirSportz
08-20-2002, 08:38 PM
That is not what I was told by PBNation moderators.

shartley
08-20-2002, 08:47 PM

Restola
08-20-2002, 09:50 PM
YAY for evasiveness!

Butterfingers
08-20-2002, 09:51 PM
So the moderators just happed to know that particular thread was not deleted before the dump?

The fact is the thread was deleted by the thread starter by request of a person "X"

2 days later the database was lost. Which I honestly beleive you had nothing to do with.

cledford
08-21-2002, 08:34 AM

Jim, nice snide comment - but like most of what you've got to say - holds no water.

I SAW the SECOND post that they guy who started the original thread put up in which he explained why he deleted the first one. The second post was deleted when the DB was lost - but had been up.

The second post CLEARLY stated that the original poster had removed the first post because it "had turned into a WAS - AGD debate that had nothing to do with loaders" and that he had received an PM from someone asking that he remove it. Myself and Manike both posted to the second thread to tell the guy that deleting the first was inappropriate and asked who had requested the action be taken. He would not say.

If you had read the second thread, YOU would know what happened.

-Calvin

cledford
08-21-2002, 09:18 AM
Actually, now that I've thought about it - I was the one who put up the second post! I'd forgotten - but I called it something like "Explanation needed" and the poster from the original thread posted and said what I related above. He felt that the original thread had gotten off track, and that someone (unnamed) PMed him and asked that the thread be deleted.

-Calvin

WickedAirSportz
08-21-2002, 10:11 AM
I certainly did not PM anyone asking for it to be removed. I welcome another one. :) I also welcome a challenge on this issue in a court... I could use the extra revenue for some toys. :)

WickedAirSportz
08-21-2002, 10:16 AM
BTW, who was this mysterious person that started the thread? I would like to ask him (publically) who asked him to delete the thread - although my internet connection is 24hrs a day, and I certainly did not see this thread deleted 2 minutes, let alone, 2 days before the database was lost. LOL!

cledford
08-21-2002, 10:17 AM
I certainly did not PM anyone asking for it to be removed.

Good to know - I personally didn't suggest that you did.

I certainly did not PM anyone asking for it to be removed. I welcome another one. :)

We can put it back up if you like :)

I also welcome a challenge on this issue in a court... I could use the extra revenue for some toys. :)

Why don't you elaborate Jim - beating around the bush doesn't cut in this forum - think you've got some kind of case? Spell it out man...

-Calvin

cledford
08-21-2002, 10:26 AM
BTW, who was this mysterious person that started the thread? I would like to ask him (publically) who asked him to delete the thread - although my internet connection is 24hrs a day, and I certainly did not see this thread deleted 2 minutes, let alone, 2 days before the database was lost. LOL!

Go ahead and put a post up in the Hopper forum of PBNation -and we'll see if the guy owns up again. That is assuming that you don't know him, and didn't ask that he delete it.

The simple fact is that I started a post over there that the guy responded to and stated that was what happened.

Oh, BTW as an engineer for a tier 1 global backbone provider my internet connectivity is always up as well - what does that have to do with missing the thread? Do you expect us to believe that while writing advanced AI algorithms for loaders, performing comprehensive Timmy shootdown tests, and pumping out the Equalizer, that you track each and every post in all PB Nation forums as well?

-Calvin

WickedAirSportz
08-21-2002, 10:31 AM
Why don't you elaborate Jim - beating around the bush doesn't cut in this forum - think you've got some kind of case? Spell it out man...

In my experience, the only fear that any company has revolves around ending up in court over false claims. I was saying in a very polite way, either take me to court over this for making false claims, or leave me alone. Neither of which you are likely to do. :)

WickedAirSportz
08-21-2002, 10:34 AM
Do you expect us to believe that while writing advanced AI algorithms for loaders, performing comprehensive Timmy shootdown tests, and pumping out the Equalizer, that you track each and every post in all PB Nation forums as well?

Yep, pretty much. The PBC threads, and now also the AO threads. I use a script I wrote to do auto searches periodically 24hrs a day. I don't even have to be here. :)

manike
08-21-2002, 10:38 AM
Yep, pretty much. The PBC threads, and now also the AO threads. I use a script I wrote to do auto searches periodically 24hrs a day. I don't even have to be here. :)

Then how on earth did you miss that thread that Cledford started? It was up for several days and lots of us were asking for who made the private PM. The guy that made it posted several times and said he didn't want to say incase he upset someone. Why would posting it upset anyone? Except maybe the person he was waiting to get an Equalizer board from... I don't think anyone else would have been bothered?

Either you are lieing about not seeing the thread, or the script you wrote doesn't work very well does it :rolleyes:

manike

Patron God of Pirates
08-21-2002, 10:40 AM
Both forums have a built in system that can send you notifications if anyone replies to a subscribed thread.

Why would you bother chewing up your own system resources with a client side script when they do it server side anyway?

Not a dig, I'm just curious.

pito189
08-21-2002, 12:17 PM

In my experience, the only fear that any company has revolves around ending up in court over false claims. I was saying in a very polite way, either take me to court over this for making false claims, or leave me alone. Neither of which you are likely to do. :)

So basically you telling us. Don't tell me I am lying unless you are planning on taking me to court. Otherwise let me spread my bs in peace? Or have I just read that entire post wrong?

shartley
08-21-2002, 12:20 PM
pito- you read it correctly.

pito189
08-21-2002, 12:24 PM
Thank you thats what I thought. Well I think that is about the closet thing to him telling us that the turbo rev board is a big waste of money.

LOL I kinda think this picture is acceptable at this point in the thread. Until otherwise proven wrong it will stay.

WAS= OWNED by AO