PDA

View Full Version : dilemma on marker choice

Quickling
12-19-2003, 05:29 PM
ug.. I'm all tied in knots. You see I have this 1998 Dark cocker. One of the first ever made. I had to quit paintball for a few years then got back into it and replaced all the pnuematics/internals with Freeflow. The gun literlly has about 4 cases through it.

Now I play mainly pump. Funny thing is, I ge the same amount of eliminations pump or semi, so I don't think upgrading is going to be necessary.. but I like to play semi when I don't feel like doing any work :)

What my dilemma is, is that I really either want to move back to a mag (getting an Emag) or getting a viking. For some reason my wrist friggin hurts like hell using that slider frame.. dont know if the tank is rubbing or not..

but either way now I don't know if I should trade this gun I have had forever for an emag/viking or keep it. I cannot afford to get a new marker... hence the thinking of trading. grrr... I dunno

maybe I just posted this cause im bored and looking at too many hot gun pics.

edit. PS Links to the cocker in my sig.

agdemagman69
12-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Vikings are Beautiful!!!!!

I also play pump occasionally, and i can see your dilemma...

Stick with what you like most, and never forget you original roots!

Methylphenidate
12-19-2003, 05:53 PM
emag all the way.
way cool looking
hella fast
plus super reliable

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Throw each marker into the midd......*SMACKS SELF* ok time to be serious.

Get the emag. If for some reason you started playing in the rain or you tripped into a small creek and your electrionics get friend you can always flip the switch on the emag to mechanical mode and continue playing!

magman007
12-19-2003, 11:03 PM
well, i hate to tell you, but you will not get close to any thing for your cocker. Not only is it mech and below the 2000 mark, but it is also right feed. These are 3 marks against it in todays cocker market... which seems to be slowly shriviling up...

Sorry to say it bro, but i would stick with your cocker. you seem to have had great times with it, and they are bound to continue

maglover52
12-20-2003, 02:43 AM
viking.... hands down. faster than emag nicer better built better quality. i hated my emag. i wouldnt reccomend an emag to anyone. my cocker and my matrix are faster more reliable and way lighetr. more accurate to. agd is going down hill in quality and customer service

Quickling
12-20-2003, 06:28 AM
well I have seen worse cockers go for 600 bucks, which is most of the wat to an emag or viking (used). And besides... there are still many mech fans out there, they are just secretive and cultish :D

Gabriel
12-20-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
Throw each marker into the midd......*SMACKS SELF* ok time to be serious.

Get the emag. If for some reason you started playing in the rain or you tripped into a small creek and your electrionics get friend you can always flip the switch on the emag to mechanical mode and continue playing!

If you drop EITHER one in a creek and fry the electronics, youre still gonna not play the rest of the game because youll be so pissed at yourself for dropping your awesome *** gun in a creek and frying the electronics! And more over, you'll still have to shell out another 200-300 for the new electronics. And if he is choosing between a viking or an e-mag, he's prolly not gonna be playing in the rain.

i would say shoot both and get the one you're comfortable with. They are both nice guns, the only edge i see is going to go to the viking, due to efficeincy. Not that you'll need it if you have all day air, but it is nice to have.

Gabe

:::edited:::

Gabriel
12-20-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by maglover52
viking.... hands down. faster than emag nicer better built better quality. i hated my emag. i wouldnt reccomend an emag to anyone. my cocker and my matrix are faster more reliable and way lighetr. more accurate to. agd is going down hill in quality and customer service

I hope you are being sarcstic

bunkermaster10
12-20-2003, 07:42 AM
Yea SuiciDal Sn Y p ER that whole thing about throwing ur marker into water is getting really annoying. I'm sure your advice doesn't make people change there mind about getting a new marker, because its super rare that someone will drop there gun in a creek or whatever.:rolleyes:

But ya vikings are freaking awesome and AKA are good people. I say viking.

bunkermaster10
12-20-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Gabriel

I hope you are being sarcstic

Well people are getting pretty mad about there xmags not being in top condition. The 3.2 thing pissed alot of people off about the runaway problem. I would be pissed to if my 1,250 marker had problems. But besides that, they are pretty good its just lately w/ the xmags I think.

Quickling
12-20-2003, 08:07 AM
actually does anyone know how emags and viking hold up in the rain? The severe open here in NY was held outside and it rained.. pretty much all electros that I knew were there went down. Not that it matters for me, cause I would be just as comfortable wiping out my sterling and playing the game :)

its not really that Im torn between the two.. Im just torn on giving up my bab y thats been with me forever :p

1stdeadeye
12-20-2003, 08:19 AM
Go with a ULE E-Mag! It is very reliable and you can still use your cocker barrels!

Gabriel
12-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Go with a ULE E-Mag! It is very reliable and you can still use your cocker barrels!

Vikings use cocker threads too

IWANTMOREMAGS
12-20-2003, 10:39 AM
AO is getting more like PBN everyday. Gabe, Suicidal(sp?) Snyper was just stating his opinion. If you said to get a viking and he had posted after you he wouldn't say " did you sniff paint when you were little" .

Now, no offense, but I don't think when people say "try them out and see what you like" it is very helpful. He probably doesn't have immediate access to an Emag or a Viking.
I have shot most guns before.

The Viking trigger shoots pretty much like most electronic guns. The trigger feels the same as an angel, impulse, shocker, bko, and things like that. You have to have felt one of those triggers before. It also can be sweetspotted to insane speeds. However at most fields sweetspotting is against the rules.

Now. The Emag trigger is truly unique. The Emag and Xmag triggers are a step above all other triggers in most people who shoot them point of view. Some people don't like them. Most do though. This is probably one of the only guns that you are going to have to try out before you buy(I'm contradicting myself but it is true). The Emag is a little heavy, but that is what Ule is for.

Hope I helped or 30 minutes of typing was a waste.

BajaBoy
12-20-2003, 11:06 AM
i would have to say emag, bc i have one and its been a great gun. And i think the viking is ugly (but i do know its an awesome gun too but i cant speak for it)

Quickling
12-20-2003, 12:06 PM
thanks IWANTMOREMAGS, to shoot a viking I would prolly have to drive 4 hours towards NYC. I used an Emag for a game, I like the trigger and didn't mind the wieght much. I use an original steel apocolypse tank so I know heavy :)

I liked the trigger on the emag.. or I remember I did. I don't remember now what it felt like. All I remember that day was the game I used it I also got a major leg cramp :(

I like the blade trigger and small company appeal to the viking. Cocker threads stock are a plus. They look nice.. and boxy... kinda got the meaty girl appeal goin on. (not fat.. just meaty). But I worry I would be bored with one. I love tinkering with markers, and I do not see much that can be done with these beyound the grips/barrel/tigger

The mag once again has a nice small company. The emag has nice modes of fire.. but short of a dead battery in an area where I can't buy another.. I don't forsee needing the Mech feature.

I do not like the flare at the back of the emags rail (where the warning is). and I would of course need to upgrade to ULE to use the pile of cocker barrels I have around. But there is more tinker appeal to the emag. Grips (well ok not so many but still) body, rail, etc..

Plus the gun has a smaller profile which I love. But I am not sure how much I like the battery pack. I had no problems with it for one game.. but I don't know if it is something that I would always like. I am used to round grips :)

but thanks everyone for your help. Course I'm still torn on trading/selling my cocker or not.. maybe I will se what kinda cash I can net over the holidays.. ;)

1stdeadeye
12-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Oops. I did not know that Vikings were cocker threaded.

As for the E-Mag, aren't all new Emags going to shortly be coming with the ULE body?

Gabriel
12-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by IWANTMOREMAGS
AO is getting more like PBN everyday. Gabe, Suicidal(sp?) Snyper was just stating his opinion. If you said to get a viking and he had posted after you he wouldn't say " did you sniff paint when you were little" .

Have you read how many 'vs' threads he tries to solve by using the infamous 'if you throw it in the middle of the ocean' comparison? come on, anybody with common sense will know not to drop there $800 electro gun into any body of water, regardless if it has a manual back-up mode or not.

either way, I've edited it for you

Torbo
12-21-2003, 02:30 PM
if you think its the frame, why not ditch it for a nice hinge frame?

LeatherPants
12-21-2003, 03:32 PM
Torbo is right you can try a diffrent frame.

Problem is you honestly will not see more than 300 for that marker if you sell it. Reason being it is not a 2k body and if someone wants to put an Eblade on it since it is RF they can't put an eye.

If you like cockers you could try getting an EOrracle or NightKast. You can find new E Orracles for $800 now.

11_Mile_TMaster
12-21-2003, 06:08 PM
.... You know, I was actually thinking he was going to say "Throw each marker into the middle of a circle and see which one comes out alive."

It would have been funnier, in any case.