PDA

View Full Version : Microline on Mag??

PRPB
12-19-2003, 05:35 PM
I just got a 68 automag for my father for christmas. It came with a micro line one it. Am I going to have to worry about airflow or will it be fine?

Methylphenidate
12-19-2003, 05:47 PM
i have heard from one or two people that you can get away with it. im not totally sure
if it were my gun i would definatly switch to macro.
just my opinion though

personman
12-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Screw macro, go SS. Microline will not handle the pressures of any paintball gun propellent. C02 will be even worse. Macro line, nor microline, is made to be used with co2. Heh they werent even made to handle the pressures of the high pressure co2 and HPA outputs of our tanks. (unless you have a LP output)
I would defentally go with SS. It will save you(or your dad) a few headaches.

Ginjiroku
12-19-2003, 06:34 PM
use macroline it can be used with 800psi output hpa but I don't think it will work with CO2 but i'm not sure so if your using CO2 I wouldn't use it. and as far as airflow you'll be fine unless your using microline, but macroline should be fine.

personman
12-19-2003, 06:39 PM
I never ment that macroline couldnt be used at an 800 psi pressure, its just that it wasnt MENT to.
Its just like electronic autocockers. They work great, I'm sure, but think about it.. were pumps really ment to be converted into semis/electros?
Eh.
Anyway, just go with the good stuff. Its a bit more expensive, but it is worth it. Also, if you are using macroline, get some parker paraflex from Tunaman, and some fittings too. It is the highest rated macroline, and it will work better. You shouldnt use co2 with macroline, because when macroline gets cold, it shrinks. Co2 is cold. Do the math.