PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Ramada Inn about SE AO day people!

cphilip
12-19-2003, 06:09 PM
No! its not bad....

Date Dec 17 2003

Phillip Carrol (yea they mispelled my first AND last name)
Automags Online
(address)

Dear Mr Carrol (there they go again)

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your business. It was a pleasure hosting you and your group. The RAMADA INN is truely excited about the possibility of working with you again. Please be assured that it is our goal to accomadate you in any way we can, so you will come back again and again.

Should you require more information regarding our facilities or our services, please feel free to call me at (phone numbers). Next time you visit the Clemson Area, please let me know so we can assist you with your hotel needs.

Thank you again for giving the Ramada Inn Clemson the opportunity to be your lodging partner. I look forward to building a long lasting relationship with you.

Best Regards,

Allison McCammom
Sales & Marketing

So it appears they love us and want us back and Newt did not scare them off. We in! Should be able to negotiate lower prices with the good turn out this year from all of you. This kind of showing does assist me in getting you good deals. I will use it to our advantage. Next year we do Dinner there and get our own party room out of this. And next year they WILL SPELL MY NAMES RIGHT! :D

Thanks for coming folks. Just thought I would share with you this letter.

personman
12-19-2003, 06:15 PM
Cool. Maybe I'll stay in the hotel next time instead of driving up at 6:40 in the morning and getting home at 1 :rolleyes:
Its still 2 years until I get my licence :(

Potatoboy
12-19-2003, 07:23 PM
This actually helps everyone for AO events I think.

Phil, you should ask them if they're willing to act as a reference for anyone else holding an AO day to leery hotel managers.

1stdeadeye
12-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Wait a minute! You said we were using the Four Seasons next year!;)

Can't wait! When is the date for next year? I have to mark my calender!

12-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Dont take it to personally they cant spell accommodate either.

headcase
12-19-2003, 09:30 PM
Cool, and a bit suprising. I thought there was talk about a change in venue for the next one?

Tobe2be
12-20-2003, 01:14 AM
so i guess they didnt find out that i borke the bed shower elevator vending machines. i got scared when i saw this post.but i guess they havent noticed ;)

cphilip
12-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by headcase
Cool, and a bit suprising. I thought there was talk about a change in venue for the next one?

Not sure I follow you on that one. About all we talked about was doing the dinner there and getting a meeting room so we would have our own place to go and not be out in the Atrium. Which we will do. And their was talk of a possible other AO day somewhere in the SE in the spring. But that would be seperate thing than the Fall meet. As far as the days play venue will always try to introduce some new thing into that each year. There will be some sort of suprise there. At least one!

Cannot set dates until I see the Clemson Football Schedule and some of the other tourned schedule. We never do this until about Feb or March of the year.

But ether way they seriously wand us back and will be bending over backwards to get us back. So seems you made a good impression on them overall. I am not certain this can translate to other areas or anything or how someone else could use it. I think if someone wanted to use all the publicity of the event as a whole they could. I mean showing them the articles on Warpig and PB2X and all can be helpfull in lining up sponsors and vendors I suppose. However translating that you your event would be up to you to explain. But sure. You can use it as an example of who we are and what we are doing if its helpfull to you.

headcase
12-20-2003, 07:05 PM
I thought I remember talk about the next one being down around TAG's area or something. :confused: :confused:

1stdeadeye
12-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

So seems you made a good impression on them overall. I am not certain this can translate to other areas or anything or how someone else could use it. I think if someone wanted to use all the publicity of the event as a whole they could. I mean showing them the articles on Warpig and PB2X and all can be helpfull in lining up sponsors and vendors I suppose.

It must have been Albinonewt's attepts to seduce the desk clerks!

Good job Matt!;)

cphilip
12-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by headcase
I thought I remember talk about the next one being down around TAG's area or something. :confused: :confused:

"Another" one but in the spring was discussed. Thats what your remembering. But still the one in the Fall at Clemson as well. But yea thats what I was meaning by another South Eastern one but different time and all. Not surplanting this Clemson one but "Another event" in the South East as well. And yes at Dalton area for the spring thing is being discussed.

headcase
12-20-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

"Another" one but in the spring was discussed. Thats what your remembering. But still the one in the Fall at Clemson as well. But yea thats what I was meaning by another South Eastern one but different time and all. Not surplanting this Clemson one but "Another event" in the South East as well. And yes at Dalton area for the spring thing is being discussed.

Thanks for the clarification, that is even better. :)