PDA

View Full Version : Real concrete achievement in the War on Terror!

1stdeadeye
12-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Libya today disclosed they had attempted a WoMD program in the past. They officially abandoned it and have opened themselves up to inspections! Is this the wave of the future? Maybe some of these despots are seeing what Saddam is going through and deciding to be content ruling their own little fiefdoms and not the whole world!

This is great news!!!

Libya to abandon WoMD programs! (http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/19/bush.libya/index.html)

mcveighr
12-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Doesn't really have much to do with the war on terror, but its good news none the less.

Now its time for North Korea,China and Israel to join in the fun.

Miscue
12-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by mcveighr
Doesn't really have much to do with the war on terror, but its good news none the less.

Would Libya be doing this if there was not a war?

NK won't do anything like that until we blow them up, seriously. They are nuts.

1stdeadeye
12-19-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Miscue

My thoughts exactly!!!!

You think seeing Saddam paraded around like a trophy didn't make Gadhafi think real hard about wanting to challenge the US over WoMD. Maybe, just maybe the war in Iraq scared him into abandoning WoMD, eh?

Kevmaster
12-19-2003, 09:37 PM
yep...9 months in the running too. Best part is, he approached the US and the Brits about it all. They've given all their docs to the CIA and MI# (whatever # it is...lol!)

Woot! GO USA!

mcveighr
12-19-2003, 09:37 PM

Isn't that the war on Iraq, or WoMD? And the war in Afganistan the war on terror?

1stdeadeye
12-19-2003, 09:43 PM

Isn't that the war on Iraq, or WoMD? And the war in Afganistan the war on terror?

BOTH!!!

The war in Iraq has to be the clincher though! The US Military defeated one of the strongest armies in the middle east with very little resistance and incredible speed.

Bush showed the same willingness to use force that Reagan did when he bombed Libya almost 20 years ago. After that bombing we did not hear from Gadhafi for quite a while if I am not mistaken!;)

The French didn't help out with that action either! They would not allow our fighters and bombers to cross their airspace. Some things never change!:rolleyes:

1stdeadeye
12-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
yep...9 months in the running too. Best part is, he approached the US and the Brits about it all. They've given all their docs to the CIA and MI# (whatever # it is...lol!)

MI-6!;)

FactsOfLife
12-19-2003, 09:52 PM

It's interconnected.

Ever hear of Pan Am Flight 103? Blown up over Locherbie Scotland?

Killed a bunch of people I knew personally from Syracuse New York.

Anyone who can't put two and two together on this war on terror, needs to do some serious soulsearching on exactly why it is they think the way they do.

Because I seriously cna't figure out why it isn't as plain as the nose on your face.

1stdeadeye
12-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife

It's interconnected.

Ever hear of Pan Am Flight 103? Blown up over Locherbie Scotland?

Killed a bunch of people I knew personally from Syracuse New York.

Anyone who can't put two and two together on this war on terror, needs to do some serious soulsearching on exactly why it is they think the way they do.

Because I seriously cna't figure out why it isn't as plain as the nose on your face.

You have to take it slow Facts. After all, he is Canadian!:p

BTW, I LOVE your new sig! That is a riot!!!

FactsOfLife
12-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Yeah I give the Canadians a lot of leeway, they do have one hell of an inferiority complex...

heh heh heh it was going to read :

Facts: The Anti-Boy

I had a feeling that phil would zero my counter if I did though :p

Sir_Brass
12-19-2003, 10:05 PM
I heard today that Iran has done the same thing. They've opened themselves up to the UN for weapons inspections. Yeah, I know, the UN, but still, think about it. This is Iran we're talking about. Them doing this is a VERY good sign.

1stdeadeye
12-19-2003, 10:24 PM
Hmmm!

So it sounds like a few Formerly rogue nations are waking up and deciding to co-operate rather then take the path Saddam chose.

All this accomplished without haveing to directly threaten either nation. Works for me!

FactsOfLife
12-19-2003, 10:37 PM
but.... but.... I thought it was the STATE DEPARTMENT that made these kinds of things happen!

Trigger_Happy
12-19-2003, 11:20 PM

When did Israel get added to the naughty list? The poor little country's just been trying to keep pissed off arabs from blowing it to bits ever since it was given to the Jews sheerly out of pity for what happened to them in WW2. I don't know what i think about the wall, but I do know I'm sick of the killings.

Sir_Brass
12-19-2003, 11:31 PM
if the israelies were really trying to keep arabs from being angry, then maybe they wouldn't have helicopters launch rockets at a suspected palestinian terrorist's car in the middle of a busy street. I support the hunting down of palestinian terrorists, but I think Israel goes overboard with their helicopter strikes, when a specially trained ground assault group would be better, more precise and cause far less collateral damage. B/c you know, a .50 BMG round from a sniper rifle will turn an engine block into a non working hunk of metal. thus allowing the ground team to move in. Much less 'area effect' than a rocket strike, IMO. And those who complain about how that would put israeli soldiers at risk, I say "well, they know the risks, and they're trained well. better them than innocent civiians."

Trigger_Happy
12-19-2003, 11:34 PM
I dodn't mean to imply that it is a clean cut issue. There is much to be said for both sides' causes. I only meant to say I didn't think Israel deserved a spot next to NK and China on the naughty list.

Sir_Brass
12-19-2003, 11:36 PM
I only meant to say I didn't think Israel deserved a spot next to NK and China on the naughty list.

I agree with you there, but they OUGHT to be on the list of "countries we have influence over, but who are getting out of control and need a good smack to tell them to shape up or lose support".

Collegeboy
12-20-2003, 12:08 AM
Shall the US now open up its boarders to weapon inspectors, who shall we play the we have a bigger army, come and make us card again.

We have a chemical warfare program that is coming up with new and newer chemicals every month. Though we claim it is only to be used to prevent our soldiers from being hit by them, so we can create an anti-body. Couldn't other countries say the same.

Now, knowing you all, you will take this the wrong way, call me a racist for no reason what so ever, and refuse to apologies when confronted with the fact that you have no proof for your name calling. So I will interpret this now, instead of hoping you all can understand English, and analogies.

It is good that these countries are opening up their boarders and facilities to inspections of their ex chemical facilities. But how can the US justify invading another country from seeking programs, or having programs, when it itself has them, and is seeking them. [The previous statement is not talking about the above mentioned countries, for those who wish to stir the conversation in that way.] How can the US accept to the inspection of these countries, (now talking about Libya etc..), when it itself will not allow itself to be searched. Shouldn't you first prove you yourself do not have these programs that you are condemning other of having before invading and/or condemning others for it. Seems to work a lot better then using force to stir up hatred and fear that can only back fire in years to come.

Now waiting for the customary trolling accusation, from someone who fail to realize that they themselves are trolling.

If the State Department would have handled this, they would have done it without killing innocents, endangering American lives, and sending a country into a civil war that will kill thousands upon thousands of their own people, and leave the country with a dictator fundamentalist government.

Miscue
12-20-2003, 12:25 AM
:rolleyes: Closed.