PDA

View Full Version : Is ULE body worth it?

Ace_paint
12-19-2003, 10:11 PM
I've read alot about the ULE bodies for mags. Are ULE bodies and a nice autococker barrel generaly better than getting a nice Automag barrel? Accuracy? Feed rate? Which should I get?

Ov3rmind
12-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Accuracy: exact same
Feed rate: exact same

However,

Weight: MUCH lighter
Looks: More color options

Dayspring
12-19-2003, 10:48 PM
Actually, vert feeds do feed faster.

adam shannon
12-19-2003, 11:26 PM
the major advantage to the ule body is that all the top end barrels are available in cocker threads...and hardly and of the newer barrels and kits are coming out in twist lock.

DJBacon06
12-19-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring

I have actually heard differently. I think i read somewhere that side feeds (or powerfeeds) feed faster because there are more paintballs lined up and are putting more force on them so they are forced into the chamber faster....i could be wrong though:confused:

the_next_guy_
12-20-2003, 01:51 AM
force feed loaders work better with a shorter feed tube.

BajaBoy
12-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by DJBacon06

I have actually heard differently. I think i read somewhere that side feeds (or powerfeeds) feed faster because there are more paintballs lined up and are putting more force on them so they are forced into the chamber faster....i could be wrong though:confused:

and that would work the same way with virt feed:p

gibby
12-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Yes..buy it...and don't even think about it! :D

RRfireblade
12-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Sure it's "worth" it,it's a nice peice of milling and anno.

Whether it's worth it to you depends on you.

Cant't find the barrel you want in twist lock?
Your Mags getting to heavy?
Your Mags not "pretty" enough?
You don't like the look of SS?
You want a low rise vert feed?
You want a locking feed neck?
Your favorite color is "ICE"?

;)

You decide,but it is a nice addition to most Mags.

Jay.

sime
12-20-2003, 01:36 PM
couldn't have said it better myself jay, granted i did like the stainless steel look, and went for the nickle over ice, sorry!

but yeah, between the barrel, vert feed, and the weight savings, i'd say it was worth it for this guy!

that being said, my other mag still is powerfed, stainless, and takes twist locks, it's also got the warp feed and 3 dye barrels to justify it.....though she is a bit on the heavy side of things!!!!

cheers!

RRfireblade
12-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by sime
granted i did like the stainless steel look, and went for the nickle over ice, sorry!

but yeah, between the barrel, vert feed, and the weight savings, i'd say it was worth it for this guy!

Still one of my favorite guns.......

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1023201

OLD SKOOL BABY!!!!!!!

Jay.

(Man that feed looks HUGE by todays standards)

SkyBoySurfer
12-20-2003, 04:06 PM
LOL thats cuz it is huge...I could not wait to get rid of my huge vert feed off my Emag and get my ULE on there.... Not only that but te can was to big for my hopper and it spun around on it....it was terrible.....I love my ULE i dont know what i was doing with out it.

IWANTMOREMAGS
12-21-2003, 12:27 AM
If you are thinking of a ULE for an Emag then DEFINATELY.
A ULE will help out alot. It will help you stop chopping paint as much if you have a revy. Of course if you have a Halo that wasn't a problem in the first place.

Gabriel
12-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring

No, powerfeeds feed faster.