PDA

View Full Version : barrel problems

BreezyD715
12-19-2003, 11:45 PM
I just got my minimag and i'm having problems getting the barrel in. I know it sounds really newb. but it seems as though there is something stopping it. It wont go in all the way, one of the orings on the barrel is still exposed when i put it in. Need some help. Thanx guys

heres a pic of it

danheneise
12-20-2003, 02:16 AM
the only thing i can think of is to strip your mag down to swhere you can access the bottum of the twist lock, ie: flip the rail over, the brass thing sticking out is the twist lock, loosen up (unscrew) the little set screw in the brass thing (twistlock) just do a little at a time until you get the right feel to put the barrel in. also lube your barrel o-rings a little to help with the sliding in

ChucktheMAGician
12-20-2003, 10:29 AM
If the front grip frame screw is to long it will prevent you from getting your barrel in properly also. Unscrew that a little and try again. If that's the problem go buy a washer or 2.

dyst0pia
12-20-2003, 02:42 PM
I hate to sound like a punk, but are you sure you have it properly aligned when you are putting it in? You also have to push somewhat hard to get the barrel in...don't be afraid to put some muscle behind it.

DISCLAIMER - Do not use some hydraulic jack or something to get your barrel in, destroying your gun. If you damage your gun because you took my "put some muscle behind it" comment to heart, it is not my fault.

rpm07
12-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Just have to adjust the twist lock like danheneise said