PDA

View Full Version : J&J Edge Barrel Kit for Automags

jewie27
12-20-2003, 05:13 AM
What are your opinions on this barrel kit? Do any of you own one of these? I've heard great things about this system. I want to put it on my Level 10 -ReTro Valved- Y-Gripped- Intellifed- Warp-Fed Minimag. (AKA Bad *** Souped Up paint slinger)

bunkermaster10
12-20-2003, 07:49 AM
The edge kit is great! I know a lot of people over here that have one and just love it. By the way order from paintballdiscounters.com they sell them for 115$ which is a freaking awesome price for a whole barrel system (4 backs).

lcd3000
12-20-2003, 09:27 AM
I have the Edge kit as well, and it is great! It is just as good as the freak or kaner system, which my friends, have for alot less. IMHO, an excellent value for your money.

cphilip
12-20-2003, 09:28 AM
I got one in cocker threads and it shoots pretty darn good. Nice value. Well made.

lew
12-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Excellent barrel kits. Well made, inexpensive, shoots great.

sime
12-20-2003, 11:38 AM
i too own an edge kit, and waiting on a second. what rouge says is correct......they do only come with 1 tip. however i have 4 tips for mine (2.5,4 and 6" in blue, and a 2.5" in silver). tips are but $20, so extras arn't expensive. also there's an optional .682 back that can be had, which is VERY handy with todays shrinking balls (damn i hate that!)

so i, like rouge can lend out a barrel or 3, so long as people don't mind backs that don't match thier paint (or we all happen to need differnt backs.....)

it is still a bargain i feel, better looking (very subjective!!!) then the WGP kit, quiet and available in many thread types.

that being said, i will still take my dye stainless over my edge when the paint fits it perfectly.....something about a no step barrel.

cheers!

sime
12-20-2003, 12:51 PM
what i did forget to say is the negative aspect.......in cocker threads, the control bore backs are quite short, about 6". so in my mind, hardly ideal; a bit on the short side. however the back length varies, depending on threads; the phantom edge (what i'm waiting on) the backs are almost 9" longer thena few barrels i own!

this "problem" may just be in my head, but 6" is on the short end of the range to get the ball up to speed. i've never had a problem, and have yet to break a ball in it.

so of course, it's all up to you....i know the route i chose, and i don't regret it.

for the edge, i might suggest bunkerboyz.com. it's a small plug for some friends of mine. though i got my first one from bob at stockclasspaintball. but whereever you get it from, you won't be disapointed, especially if you get that 5th back and use draxxus.......

rpm07
12-20-2003, 03:04 PM
I had a edge kit and it was great the only thing I did not like is the bore sizes are the backs. So if you have different guns you have to buy different kits. I have a Scepter kit now and its great plus if down the road I get a new gun all I need to get is a new back not a whloe new kit

cphilip
12-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
I agree with sime. But after you spend $115, to have to pay another $20 per tip, that brings you to a total of $155 for the J&J---$10 MORE than the Kaner Kit.

Plus, the 3 tips that come with the Kaner are the most common sizes....10", 12" and 14".

Its a kit you just cant go wrong with.

The 115 figure mentioned is shipped from that place. Anything over 100 is free shipping from them. But still thats a decent point you make though. Sounds like a nice kit. I don't think it was around when I bought the J&J one though. Something to look into for certain. I just got a 14" tip on this one. I might get a 12" later on for it. I also have a Scepter kit I like a lot.

dinger
12-20-2003, 11:30 PM
where is this so called "kaner" kit sold at? eh?