PDA

View Full Version : Weird Tank Guage Issues

robertjuric
12-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Ok Ive got a small 47/3k tank, I played once and the guage was leaking(it was the big kind), so I replaced it with a Dye Miniguage (5000psi).

But now its doing weird stuff. First thing I noticed was that it seemed liked it unscrewed itself a little after I shot my mag with it.

Then after that last night I set up my lvl10 and after it got down to 500psi and wouldnt shoot I spent the rest through my lil bro's A5. I did this until it was empty(machine gunned). Then I took it to the field today to play and I let a friend borrow it, I told him it was empty and he was like what?? It still had like 1000psi. So that freaked me out. Then when he got it filled, he said the guage was off b/c the guy filled it to 3k, but my guage was saying like 5k. Very weird.

I need some help/advice, just anything. Is my tank possesed or is there a valid reason for this weird behavior??

pbzmag
12-20-2003, 06:48 PM
I heard complaints that the faces of Dye guages spins around. But that was a couple of years ago.

RRfireblade
12-20-2003, 07:09 PM
Micro guages are not usually very accurate anyway,you apparenntly have a real bad one.Some of the Dye Mini guages had bad dials on them as well.I would send it back and hope for a better one.

Jay.

barberjohn
12-20-2003, 07:14 PM
yes, i have also had a pos mini gauge, except it was made by 32*, and i wasnt really expecting it to work for more than a week, and, well, i was right. i try to avoid mini guages, since they seem so vulnerable to me, but i would think dye would have better guages than that. maybe its just a dud, which stinks for you. i would recommend, if you want to take the time, to just call dye up, and tell them what you told us. heck, they may just send you a new one.

robertjuric
12-20-2003, 08:10 PM
I bought it online from pbgear.com. I didnt really expect this happening. Ill call Dye and see whats up. I may just be out a guage though, and go get a new one installed.

IWANTMOREMAGS
12-20-2003, 08:39 PM
Teflon tape works miracles! If you already tried it then thats all I can tell you. Sometimes if you put a 5000psi gauge on a 3000psi tank then the gauge screws itself.

barberjohn
12-20-2003, 09:13 PM
but i dont see how it could. if a guage was rated at 5000 psi, and you only filled it to 3000, then it should act normal, not go pms on you and screw up.

FutureMagOwner
12-20-2003, 09:42 PM
the thing probably spun around dye guages do that along with some others. i would recommend mac dev gauges i hear they are the best out there

sneakyhacker420
12-20-2003, 10:39 PM
micro gauges are rarely accurate

hell, my PMI gauge will say that i have 2500 PSI after i get a full 4500 fill

don't worry, you have a bad gauge

and as far as unscrewing goes... did you even bother loc-titing it in place or teflon taping it?

also, if you did, don't just snug it down with ure fingers, get a crecent wrench and crank that sucker down - but don't use vice grips, i have popped off numerous gauge covers doing that

and if you still have the old gauge, teflon tape it and replace it, if it still leaks, get another new gauge thats accurate - instead of the busted arse DYE one you got

robertjuric
12-20-2003, 11:31 PM
Whats wrong with the mini guages?? I got it b/c my last one was a normal size, so it stuck out more, it got hit somehow and started leaking behind the guage. I figured the lower profile would help it from getting dinged. Oh well.

I put teflon tape around it, and I know its not loose, I bet the face has twisted around like on of yall said.

Oh well, the tank is f/s now if anyone's interested PM me, I want to get a bigger tank.