PDA

View Full Version : korn video.....eewwwwww

gimp
12-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Any of you guys seen the new korn video? They play it on headbangers ball. I've seen it twice. I dont know the name of the song. I dont even remember how the song sounds. The video is sick though. It's animated. It has a dude poppin zits, stickin knives under his fingernails, pulling his fingernails off. man. It's wierd. It's awesome. Anyone seen it?

InfinatyBPS
12-21-2003, 12:22 AM
watch it at http://launch.yahoo.com it will show some stuff they didn't show on MTV...

Python14
12-21-2003, 12:37 AM
Sick video. Awesome none the less though.:) Ultimate in cringe factor.

p8ntball1016
12-21-2003, 07:31 AM
yeah. its the video for teh song right now

Rumble
12-21-2003, 09:42 AM
wats the song called?

p8ntball1016
12-21-2003, 09:43 AM
'right now'

Rumble
12-21-2003, 09:45 AM
yeah. its the video for teh song right now
well its official, im an idiot. lol i thought u were saying like "its on tv right now" or somthing lol

p8ntball1016
12-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Rumble

well its official, im an idiot. lol i thought u were saying like "its on tv right now" or somthing lol pfft. canadians.:p

frost
12-22-2003, 04:54 PM
i love that vid its one of korns best videos u really have to understand korn to get the vid

MagMan5446
12-22-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by frost
i love that vid its one of korns best videos u really have to understand korn to get the vid

Jonathan Davis is just soooooo deep huh. That whole band is the greatest thing to ever happen to the world.

Just kidding.

frost
12-22-2003, 05:08 PM
i was about to say u dont want for me to lay into u now see the sig yea korn rules over all mmmk so watch it ;)

hockaloogey
12-25-2003, 10:15 PM
that video kept me up all night! it's sick! my friend is a huge korn fan and even he was disgusted. and if i criticize something about them, he says, "you gotta understand korn to like it" - - - don't get me wrong, i like the band ;)

FalconGuy016
12-25-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by gimp
Any of you guys seen the new korn video? They play it on headbangers ball. I've seen it twice. I dont know the name of the song. I dont even remember how the song sounds. The video is sick though. It's animated. It has a dude poppin zits, stickin knives under his fingernails, pulling his fingernails off. man. It's wierd. <b><i>It's awesome. Anyone seen it? </i></b>

I thought I got you until THAT point, lol

FeuerFri
12-26-2003, 09:41 PM
best buy has the cd with dvd w/the video on it for sale like 9.99. i was asshamed when i realized i actually liked a korn song, and now a cd of theres again.

gimp
12-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Well, For those of you on dial up, who don't want to watch the vid online. Headbangers ball is every saturday at 10 pm. They've shown it the past 2 times.

It reminds me of the old ren and stimpy, when they like, zoom in on something disgusting.

SpecialBlend2786
12-27-2003, 01:24 AM
lol that video was funny.
actually no it was disgusting.
::shrug::

SyntaxError
12-27-2003, 08:56 PM
korn annoys me, as do most bands who manage to rake in millions of dollars with no talent.

As someone who is looking to have a future music career (classical/flamenco guitar, instrumental guitar rock), watching bands like them put out videos for the shock value, and act like total tools really bothers me.

There comes a point when you're not playing from your heart, you're playing for the money, and thats where these losers are at. That video disgusts me, as do any of those ozzfest type bands. talented? gah...

KornKamp02
12-27-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by hockaloogey
that video kept me up all night! it's sick! my friend is a huge korn fan and even he was disgusted. and if i criticize something about them, he says, "you gotta understand korn to like it" - - - don't get me wrong, i like the band ;) That friend would be me, and that video is not the official one people! They had a contest where peopel sent in videos taht they made by themselves and they put 3 random ones up for voting and whichever one was voted for most got to be played until the new one came out. Trust me, Korn hates the video asm much as we do, and me being the biggest Korn fan on the face of the planet and I say it sucks really bad. But don't worry, soon it will be off the air and a new one will be on.

korn annoys me, as do most bands who manage to rake in millions of dollars with no talent.

As someone who is looking to have a future music career (classical/flamenco guitar, instrumental guitar rock), watching bands like them put out videos for the shock value, and act like total tools really bothers me.

There comes a point when you're not playing from your heart, you're playing for the money, and thats where these losers are at. That video disgusts me, as do any of those ozzfest type bands. talented? gah...
This post pisses me off SO much that I have decided not to say anything against it for the fear of me getting banned for life, just keep this in mind, Korn created a genre, and (yes I'm saying it) you have to understand them and know where there music (that is full of talent) comes from, and believe me if you heard where these songs comr from you will have respect for them. And you can't win against me, I am an encyclopedia on them, and I ahve resources to back me up, and I know that there are other Korn fans onm here that see them for what they are, and they will help me out because Korn fans are the greatest fans out there. Hell, Korn did a song about us called "Children of The Korn". ;)

EDIT: oh, and korn are not a shock rock band, if they were they would wear make up and masks. :rolleyes:

FeuerFri
12-27-2003, 11:55 PM
don't say ozzfest bands, cause some of the bands on the side stages are really really good, like cradle of filth. dani filth's voice so amazing. and shadows fall, god forbid, those bands are so damn good its rediculous.

-Carnifex-
12-27-2003, 11:57 PM
Yeah, CoF is greeeaaat. :rolleyes:

LittlePaintballBoy
12-28-2003, 12:30 AM
Um, I watched right now (3D version) and I saw no popping off of finger nails, or anything remotelyu nasty for that matter.

KornKamp02
12-28-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by LittlePaintballBoy
Um, I watched right now (3D version) and I saw no popping off of finger nails, or anything remotelyu nasty for that matter. Yep, that's the official one, but noones playing it, that's why I said pretty soon the real one will be on tv more.

blackclown
12-28-2003, 07:31 PM
I am fealing sick right now

TraXeR
12-28-2003, 09:07 PM
I don't know what you guys thought, but I thought it was really cool, rather funny when he put the toothbrush in his nose for some reason.

frost
12-28-2003, 09:24 PM
kornkamp02 idk if its me or u whos the biggest korn fan cuz i dont know who and u dont know me but at my skool and at my work no one can touch that title cuz its all mine....:D

and as far as korn just playing for the money y dont u pull ur head out of ur *** and go read up on korn and find out what there really about cuz if u did u wouldnt be going around and trashing them like u are

kornkamp hes got the facts and so do i they dont like the video as much as the next person they just like giving there fans a chance its not the first time they've done something like that. its one more reason to respect them unlike all those over bands who are in it just for the money. and if you say they are when was the last time u saw korn on vh1 on mtv (not there vids but them themselves). when was the last time u saw head in a on tv or in a mag never cuz he enjoys just playing and nuttin else u see john alot cuz someone from there band has to do it. so before u speak again y dont u think

:mad:

KornKamp02
12-28-2003, 11:00 PM
kornkamp02 idk if its me or u whos the biggest korn fan cuz i dont know who and u dont know me but at my skool and at my work no one can touch that title cuz its all mine....:D

and as far as korn just playing for the money y dont u pull ur head out of ur *** and go read up on korn and find out what there really about cuz if u did u wouldnt be going around and trashing them like u are

kornkamp hes got the facts and so do i they dont like the video as much as the next person they just like giving there fans a chance its not the first time they've done something like that. its one more reason to respect them unlike all those over bands who are in it just for the money. and if you say they are when was the last time u saw korn on vh1 on mtv (not there vids but them themselves). when was the last time u saw head in a on tv or in a mag never cuz he enjoys just playing and nuttin else u see john alot cuz someone from there band has to do it. so before u speak again y dont u think

:mad: Dude, we do know eachother.....:rolleyes:

frost
12-28-2003, 11:19 PM
yea but not know know each other u know what i mean :rolleyes:

Spazzmav13
12-30-2003, 03:31 PM
yeah man i saw that video on MTV a while back when it first came out, sick none the less. its a great song dont get me wrong but some of the crap the guy does was just disgusting ex. like when he pops that zit and then licks the puss off of his fingers!

SyntaxError
12-30-2003, 10:03 PM

:mad:

lol you know this cuz you hang out with them?

Unless they literally are that depressed ALLLLL the time, which I doubt they are, their songs have to be produced to fit in their own mold, or genre like you said, that they created for themselves. I actually own Korn's Follow the Leader album, I don't listen to it regularly, and I must say I don't appreciate the musicianship in their work...however that's my opinion.

I will also defend my point that they are, in effect, playing shock rock when they utilize disturbing images in their videos to pique interest...or whatever they're doing.

I usually don't bash bands outright, however this is one instance where I will say that I personally don't view their music as particularly good, nor is the genre a creative one if all they're doing is discussing their depression and deep rooted psychological problems.

frost
12-31-2003, 01:36 PM
:rolleyes: please stop making urself sound more and more like a retard. Fron what i and kornkamp both see you know not the first thing about korn and what their songs are about. and like we said before they didnt make that vid a fan did!! ONE vid makes them a shock band
:rolleyes: do they wear makeup or gaya$$ masks no!!!! big deal if there music isnt positive

and o0o0o big deal u that the follow the leader cd the one every prep went out and bought becuz the song freak on a leash became "Cool" everyone has that album try you come talk all u want about korn once you get who they are and what they are about i know is sounds gay but its true

over just dont speak or talk about a band that u know nothing about your only going to make yourself look dumb you dont see me bashing on bands. i dont like rap but does that mean when u i see a thread about it i go in and bash on it no!

Mikey B
12-31-2003, 06:25 PM
its amazing how right when that song comes on the air I find this post. But yea I saw it on MTV2 one night and it was pretty gross. The video doesnt even have anything to do with the song... But they are still a good band IMO.

ZSigErik
12-31-2003, 07:03 PM
Wow, that arguing had no place in a thread about a video made by KoRn.

Syntax has his right to his opinion, and he is not bashing yours, he is just telling you the reasons why he does not like the band and his views on the band, not yours.

So how bout we all just kiss and make-ou...eeerrr up and get along, because after all, its music.:)

atm743
12-31-2003, 11:14 PM
man that music video was soo mest up. i thought that i was dreaming!! me and my friend were watching it and it was soo nasty we had to change the channel!! the song it self sounded peatty good but after seeing the music video i dont like it anymore!

BobTheCow
12-31-2003, 11:22 PM
As much as I could care less about Korn, I'll give them this: They are AMAZING live. I went to the HFSmas Nutcracker this year, and they were kind of the headliner band (out of 6 other big names: Hoobastank, AFI, Chevelle, Staind, The Offspring, and Blink-182), and they were the only band I didn't know much of, or at least wasn't really into their music.
But when they got onstage... damn. They were good. Like, the quality of what they were doing was spectacular. Anybody who really enjoys that style of music MUST see them live (hell, I DON'T, and I STILL rave about them).

sneakyhacker420
01-01-2004, 01:40 AM
http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1014635

the 3-d one is alot cooler than the normal one IMO

Evil1
01-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Korn sucks now they used to be ok, kinda like metallica, except metallica used to be awesome. Now they suck. The only band that has never really sold out was slayer. Reign In Blood is still the best album in the world and its near 20 years old!

RenagadeOfFunk
01-01-2004, 08:22 PM
The song is called "Right NoW"...and i found it reather funny...

KornKamp02
01-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by SyntaxError

lol you know this cuz you hang out with them?

Unless they literally are that depressed ALLLLL the time, which I doubt they are, their songs have to be produced to fit in their own mold, or genre like you said, that they created for themselves. I actually own Korn's Follow the Leader album, I don't listen to it regularly, and I must say I don't appreciate the musicianship in their work...however that's my opinion.

I will also defend my point that they are, in effect, playing shock rock when they utilize disturbing images in their videos to pique interest...or whatever they're doing.

I usually don't bash bands outright, however this is one instance where I will say that I personally don't view their music as particularly good, nor is the genre a creative one if all they're doing is discussing their depression and deep rooted psychological problems. All I can say is I feel sorry for you.

p8ntball1016
01-01-2004, 10:24 PM
korn has officially lost my respect. i just heard their cover of 'one'. complete garbage. they cut it down to 3 and a half minutes long. i cant believe it. that cover is a crime against metallica.

-Carnifex-
01-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Hurrah for nu-metal!

KornKamp02
01-02-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
korn has officially lost my respect. i just heard their cover of 'one'. complete garbage. they cut it down to 3 and a half minutes long. i cant believe it. that cover is a crime against metallica. God, get your facts right before ranting stupidly. One was made for the show MTV ICON METALLICA, meaning it was a show for those egotistical morons, and second, korn wanted to do the whole song, but since the show could only be an hour and a half long and they ahd so much to do, every cover on that show was cut down on time. So, yes, you did just get owned.

m-98
01-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by KornKamp02
God, get your facts right before ranting stupidly. One was made for the show MTV ICON METALLICA, meaning it was a show for those egotistical morons, and second, korn wanted to do the whole song, but since the show could only be an hour and a half long and they ahd so much to do, every cover on that show was cut down on time. So, yes, you did just get owned.

Still doesn't cover up for the fact that it sucked.

p8ntball1016
01-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by KornKamp02
God, get your facts right before ranting stupidly. One was made for the show MTV ICON METALLICA, meaning it was a show for those egotistical morons, and second, korn wanted to do the whole song, but since the show could only be an hour and a half long and they ahd so much to do, every cover on that show was cut down on time. So, yes, you did just get owned. It still sucks though.

Evil1
01-02-2004, 02:59 PM
It definitely sucked.

KornKamp02
01-02-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
It still sucks though. wow, it's funny how Metallica themselves have commented on how god it was in many magazine articles and at the show itsself.

p8ntball1016
01-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Metallica also said St. Anger was a good CD.

hockaloogey
01-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Metallica also said St. Anger was a good CD.

u r a cottonheaded ninnymuggins

p8ntball1016
01-02-2004, 08:53 PM

u r a cottonheaded ninnymuggins wtf are you on?

hockaloogey
01-02-2004, 09:11 PM
your ma

p8ntball1016
01-02-2004, 09:13 PM
your ma that got old back in 2nd grade you stupid dolt.

hockaloogey
01-02-2004, 09:15 PM
wtf r u on?

can't say that's old cuz u used it yourself, wipe.

hockaloogey
01-02-2004, 09:16 PM
pie sucks...........

p8ntball1016
01-02-2004, 09:17 PM
pie sucks........... cakewhore

hockaloogey
01-02-2004, 09:23 PM
i'm not defending cake, i'm a keesh man....

korn r better than mettallica (atleast St. Anger)

how come u defended them and all of a sudden u dissed them?

p8ntball1016
01-02-2004, 09:24 PM
none of korn's cds hold a candle to metallica's old stuff like master of puppets or kill em all

Ov3rmind
01-03-2004, 12:05 AM
The first time I saw the video I kept watching it to see what he'd do next. Now that I know, I change the channel when it comes on because the song sucks. If the video is what is keeping you listening, then the song is lacking.

Evil1
01-03-2004, 01:26 AM
I am not really here to bash Korn but most bands today just sing about the same crap over and over, and even most of the musicians in the bands nowadays are mostly mediocre. Most guitarists today can,t even hold a candle to people like Kerry King or Dimebag Darrel or even Hetfield in his day. The only bands I admire from the newer music is System of a Down and Hatebreed.