PDA

View Full Version : LX spring question

Spleen
12-21-2003, 04:57 AM
Alright, this hasnt really bothered me much in the past, but its starting to get annoying now that i have a warp (i think this is why atleast)

Alright, the first few shots i take will pinch a ball if its not in the chamber, so thats good BUT it takes a while to reset. Im assuming it is the springs so i changed it.

The red one wont let the gun cycle. Same thing with the long one. I dont wanna cut them down cause they are the only ones i have (and yes im too poor to buy another kit lol).

Other than that the mag shoots all fine and dandy.

If you need more info, just ask. thanks in advance.

Tunaman
12-21-2003, 07:29 AM
add a couple of shims till it leaks and then take one out.

BajaBoy
12-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Spleen
The red one wont let the gun cycle. Same thing with the long one. I dont wanna cut them down cause they are the only ones i have (and yes im too poor to buy another kit lol).

you can buy the springs alone without buying another kit (im not sure if thats what you ment)

Spleen
12-21-2003, 02:07 PM
add a couple of shims till it leaks and then take one out.

Then throw in the red spring?

onakone
12-22-2003, 01:50 AM
Try putting one shim in and testing it out. Chances are you only need 1 or 2 shims (the shims control at what point in the forward bolt motion that the bolt is able to reset).
If you're mag is pinching paint (not chopping) at 280fps with the small spring then no spring adjustment is required.
If you did need spring adjustment, you can cut the red spring
by quarter or eighth of an inch at a time, testing it each time, and just keep cutting untill the thing works (again don't do this unless you are chopping with the short spring).

Dayspring
12-22-2003, 02:11 AM
If, after putting the spring in it won't cycle- turn up the velocity adjuster until it does.