PDA

View Full Version : Pro Team Automag. Any info would help.

welt
12-21-2003, 01:41 PM
I just got a Pro Team Automag used. It's a powerfeed with a Benchmark trigger frame, Micromag valve, CP barrel, and looks like a Psycho Ballistics X-chamber. I'd like to know what parts are stock and what aren't and if there's a difference (other than stars) between a Auto/Minimag valve and Microvalve? Also what's it worth. Any reviews or links to reviews would be great also. Thanks.

than205
12-21-2003, 02:14 PM
I like the looks of the Micro-mag. One thing that everyone has said for years is that the Benchmark frame is bad. It's one thing that I never understood. I recently got to work on someones Micro and I understand now. The trigger stroke is way too long. You'll definitely be better off with anything made by AGD. (even a stock single trigger.)

Anyways, welcome!

The barrel and x-chamber are not original I believe. I also believe you got it right on about the valves. It's value should be over $200. The market is changing alot right now.

welt
12-21-2003, 02:24 PM
It's not a Micromag it just has the Micromag valve. Is there any difference between the valves other than number of stars? The trigger frame has the safety punched or drilled out also wich I wasn't told about before. Thanks.

Dayspring
12-21-2003, 02:30 PM
Same valve. No difference than a stock Classic Valve.

than205
12-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Sorry, I was confused when you said Pro-team Mag.
To my knowledge, Pro-team only made the Micro. So I would guess your's is something someone cobbled together. Still, any mag is a great marker.
Lots of people take the safety out.
Anyways, your getting below $200.
Sorry if that's bad news....
You still have a great foundation for a lot of fun!

welt
12-27-2003, 10:46 AM
It's a micromag. Don't know why they gave it a differen't name or called it a micro. It's the same thing as an automag just a differen't body and it's bigger than an automag so the "micro" doesn't make sense. I just used it Friday and it leaked down the barrel. DON'T BUY FROM PAINTBALL OUTFITTERS! I trusted there good feedback on ebay and bought this gun from them. They didn't mention that it was nicked up, the safety was punched out, asa leaked bad, and the valve needs at the least needs all new rings. Bastards. It'll be like new by the time i'm done with it though.

greg
12-27-2003, 11:24 AM
they call it micro because the body and the rail are connected.... i.e. it has no rail.... also thats waht u get for buyin used... its the price you pay i guess:o

welt
12-27-2003, 11:29 AM
There are no new ones. They quit making them.

Tunaman
12-27-2003, 12:17 PM
I would be happy to fix it for you if you send it here...email me.;) :D

welt
12-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks but i'll check all the rings tonight and hopefully it'll work good tomorrow.