PDA

View Full Version : Fill Nipple O-Ring

Xyxyll
12-21-2003, 04:57 PM
I'm throwing this up here while I look through the search. My Max-Flow leaks out of the fill nipple. I've taken it off and the o-ring definitely has been pinched. My local fields don't seem to feel it's important to keep such things as fill nipples in stock. Everybody I've talked to has said to replace the o-ring. But WITH WHAT? Am I magically supposed to know what size o-ring to throw on it? I'm headed to home depot today. Any idea what size o-ring I need? Thanks!

Remington
12-21-2003, 05:07 PM
With if you happen to have an ReTro Valve(or X-valve I suppose) repair kit handy, there should be an o-ring in there that will fit. Good luck!

Xyxyll
12-21-2003, 05:14 PM
lol, I used to...

punkerx1
12-21-2003, 07:27 PM
size should be 006-90 urethane

Branchvillian
12-21-2003, 07:27 PM
You don't have the O-Ring that was in there anymore?

Xyxyll
12-21-2003, 07:29 PM
I have it, but it would be much easier to just be able to walk in and say "I need _____ size polyurethane o-rings." Guess it doesn't matter anyway though. I walked in to Home Depot and Lowes and the people there all looked at me like I was crazy when I asked where the o-rings were. I guess I won't be able to use my Max-Flow on the Angel that'll be here tomorrow. :(

Branchvillian
12-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear that. I have seen O-Rings in home depot before though.

Halliday
12-21-2003, 09:53 PM
I had the same problem with my Crossfire's fill nip. The company told me it's size 006. After about 1 hour of calling around town I found a place that sells them. About 5 cents each, so I bought a dozen!

If you can't find any locally to you, let me know.

Xyxyll
12-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Alright, thanks Halliday! I'm gunna start lookin around again tomorrow. Worst comes to worst I shoot out the rest of the air in my Crossfire and swap that fill nipple over to the Max-Flow for when we play on the 24th and 26th. :D

SeeK
12-22-2003, 12:44 AM
Problem with the local hardware stores it that they usually stock only the black Nitrile or Buna o-rings. True Value and Ace usually had the largest assortment compared to Home Depot or Lowes. I know those would be ok for quick disconnects, microlines, and macrolines but I'm not sure they would stand up to a 3000 or 4500 psi fill nipple. I guess the worst case would be that it just continues to leak.