PDA

View Full Version : Yes, but did he inhale officer?

FactsOfLife
12-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Al Gore's Son Arrested for Pot Possession

WASHINGTON - The son of former vice president and 2000 Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore (news - web sites) has been charged with marijuana possession.

Albert A. Gore III, 21, was arrested Friday night after he was stopped for driving a vehicle without its headlights on.

Two passengers were also arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. They were identified as Yann V. Kumin, 21, and Marc G. Hordon, 22, both of Cambridge, Mass.

A Montgomery County, Md., police officer stopped the car, a dark-colored Cadillac, in Bethesda, a Washington suburb, around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

The officer noticed the car's windows and sunroof were open, despite cold temperatures Friday night. There was also a smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle, according to a news release from the police department.

A search of the vehicle turned up a partial marijuana cigarette, a cigarette box containing suspected marijuana, and a soft drink can that also smelled of marijuana.

All three were released pending trial.

In September 2002, the younger Gore was ticketed for driving under the influence. He was pulled over and ticketed by military police just outside Fort Myer in suburban Virginia, but was not taken into custody.

In the summer of 2000, Gore was cited by the North Carolina Highway Patrol for driving 97 mph in a 55-mph zone. Under an agreement with prosecutors, a reckless driving charge was dropped in the North Carolina case, but he was fined $125 for speeding and his driving privileges in the state were suspended.

Cha0tic
12-21-2003, 08:12 PM
im sorry, but who cares lol...

FactsOfLife
12-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Cha0tic
im sorry, but who cares lol...

:rolleyes:

TransMan
12-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Whats your point....

FactsOfLife
12-21-2003, 08:18 PM
wasn't any "point" other than the news item.

did you have one?

TransMan
12-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Nope just wondering if u had posted it because it made Gore look like a hipocrit in some way or another.

Who knows maybe if enough politicians kids smoke weed and get caught and it gets plastered all over the news they will legalize it so there wont be any bad press bout it......... I can dream cant i ?? :)

Torbo
12-21-2003, 08:53 PM
for the record: I love your sig.:)

Brak
12-21-2003, 08:55 PM
that must have been a really funny police report though....

"they had their windows down in 30 degree weather and the headlights were off, and smoke was coming out of the vehicle"

FactsOfLife
12-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by TransMan
Nope just wondering if u had posted it because it made Gore look like a hipocrit in some way or another.

Who knows maybe if enough politicians kids smoke weed and get caught and it gets plastered all over the news they will legalize it so there wont be any bad press bout it......... I can dream cant i ?? :)

nope, if anything it makes his son look pretty dumb...

p8ntball1016
12-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by FactsOfLife

nope, if anything it makes his son look pretty dumb... So all stoners are idiots?

FactsOfLife
12-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
So all stoners are idiots?

yeah, and you can quote me on that.

Sunshine
12-21-2003, 09:26 PM
At least we...uh...um...(what was i going to say)...dam liberals!

p8ntball1016
12-21-2003, 09:30 PM

yeah, and you can quote me on that. So a stoner with an A average is still an idiot?

1stdeadeye
12-21-2003, 09:30 PM

yeah, and you can quote me on that.

Ditto!

I saw this yesterday. He got pulled over around downtown Bethedsa apparently. A car with the lights off stands out there at night! So he obviously did not think it through.

So yeah Stoners are Idiots/Dolts/Morons! So are the Gores!:p

1stdeadeye
12-21-2003, 09:33 PM
So a stoner with an A average is still an idiot?

Uhm yes! Doing anything illegal that can give you a record is stupid!!!!!!

e mag
12-21-2003, 09:36 PM
At least he's not into coke like some other politician's sons.;)

FactsOfLife
12-21-2003, 09:42 PM

yeah is it that hard to understand?

you want the public view of "stoners" or my own personal reasons?

Restola
12-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Regardless of your opinions on pot, breaking the law is stupid.

FactsOfLife
12-21-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by e mag
At least he's not into coke like some other politician's sons.;)

not yet he isn't. damned good chance that if he keeps it up he will be sooner or later.

e mag
12-22-2003, 12:39 AM

not yet he isn't. damned good chance that if he keeps it up he will be sooner or later.
Why do you say that?

TransMan
12-22-2003, 12:43 AM

Why do you say that?
because he doesnt have a clue what hes talking about.....

e mag
12-22-2003, 12:45 AM

I think you are onto something, however I suppose stereotypes and misconceptions can be some sort of clue.

Sunshine
12-22-2003, 12:47 AM
I'm glad he didn't win that election, if he can't rase his own kid how is he going to run a country

TransMan
12-22-2003, 12:56 AM
LMFAO now thats funny Cuz im a bush man all the way but i got to call u on that one. Exactly how good did bush do raising his daughters if gore was a bad parent because of this.....:rolleyes:

Collegeboy
12-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Al Gore's Son Arrested for Pot Possession

WASHINGTON - The son of former vice president and 2000 Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore (news - web sites) has been charged with marijuana possession.

Albert A. Gore III, 21, was arrested Friday night after he was stopped for driving a vehicle without its headlights on.

Two passengers were also arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. They were identified as Yann V. Kumin, 21, and Marc G. Hordon, 22, both of Cambridge, Mass.

A Montgomery County, Md., police officer stopped the car, a dark-colored Cadillac, in Bethesda, a Washington suburb, around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

The officer noticed the car's windows and sunroof were open, despite cold temperatures Friday night. There was also a smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle, according to a news release from the police department.

A search of the vehicle turned up a partial marijuana cigarette, a cigarette box containing suspected marijuana, and a soft drink can that also smelled of marijuana.

All three were released pending trial.

In September 2002, the younger Gore was ticketed for driving under the influence. He was pulled over and ticketed by military police just outside Fort Myer in suburban Virginia, but was not taken into custody.

In the summer of 2000, Gore was cited by the North Carolina Highway Patrol for driving 97 mph in a 55-mph zone. Under an agreement with prosecutors, a reckless driving charge was dropped in the North Carolina case, but he was fined $125 for speeding and his driving privileges in the state were suspended.

Seems like he is making his way to becoming the a president as long as we use the current one as the model.

FactsOfLife
12-22-2003, 11:01 AM

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried kid.

TransMan
12-22-2003, 03:32 PM
what if i said he doesnt have a clue what hes talking about and the skies green wouldnt that make me more wrong :D

1stdeadeye
12-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Collegeboy

Seems like he is making his way to becoming the a president as long as we use the current one as the model.

Ah the genius speaks!:p

Better this than the last president we had as a template.

Albinonewt
12-22-2003, 06:08 PM

Yes, a stoner with an A average is an idiot.
A stoner with a college degree is an idiot.
A stoner that graduated with honors is an idiot.
A stoner with a double doctorate from MIT is an idiot.

In fact, I think I can say flatly, all stoners are idiots.

You know why? Cause being a stoner is A) illegal, and B) stupid.

Albinonewt
12-22-2003, 06:09 PM

Not really, this time there's proof. For the current President there is zero proof, just some people throwing accusations.

Albinonewt
12-22-2003, 06:10 PM

Why do you say that?

They call pot a "gateway drug" for a reason you know.

sharpshooter1286
12-22-2003, 06:24 PM
teeeheheheheeehe POT teeeehehehe

im so sick of this...normal ppl get arrested for possesion to, how is this ne different? bah celebritys are starting to make me sick. the news is just a crock of POOF these days, there only story is michael jackson, why cant they tell about a youth group somewhere helping old ladies? what does jackson have NE THING to do with our lives? how will this affect us?

p8ntball1016
12-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by sharpshooter1286
teeeheheheheeehe POT teeeehehehe

im so sick of this...normal ppl get arrested for possesion to, how is this ne different? bah celebritys are starting to make me sick. the news is just a crock of POOF these days, there only story is michael jackson, why cant they tell about a youth group somewhere helping old ladies? what does jackson have NE THING to do with our lives? how will this affect us? its either that or real news. but i guess that 2 soldiers dying today isnt big news.:rolleyes:

e mag
12-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt

They call pot a "gateway drug" for a reason you know.
Who are "they"? In my opinion, it is not a gateway drug. I know a lot of kids that have smoked weed for a long time and have never tried other drugs, or who smoke weed and have tried other drugs but never continued to use them. If you say it is a gateway drug because some people who smoke weed do go on to do worse drugs, then is alcohol a gateway drug? Every kid I know who smokes weed drank before they smoked, so does that make alcohol a gateway drug?

TransMan
12-22-2003, 07:43 PM

Who are "they"? In my opinion, it is not a gateway drug. I know a lot of kids that have smoked weed for a long time and have never tried other drugs, or who smoke weed and have tried other drugs but never continued to use them. If you say it is a gateway drug because some people who smoke weed do go on to do worse drugs, then is alcohol a gateway drug? Every kid I know who smokes weed drank before they smoked, so does that make alcohol a gateway drug?
Took the words right out of my mouth.

For someone who is not in the "drug culture" as im assuming Albinonewt isnt it seems hard for them to not beleive what they have heard from "experts" their whole life and no matter how many peoepl with true experience tell them the truth they wont believe it so theres really no point in trying to explain it.

FactsOfLife
12-22-2003, 08:06 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth.

For someone who is not in the "drug culture" as im assuming Albinonewt isnt it seems hard for them to not beleive what they have heard from "experts" their whole life and no matter how many peoepl with true experience tell them the truth they wont believe it so theres really no point in trying to explain it.

I was waiting for one of you two to spout this effing garbage.

You want "true experience"?

I was 16 when my older brother Gary killed himself. He was a stoner too, apparently like the two of you seem to be. He was a smart guy, got straight A's and B's in school. Never even got into too much trouble. He smoked pot for a few years and then decided apparently that he wasn't getting high enough anymore. Started using cocaine pretty heavily and then moved on to herion. When they found him he had enough of that crap in him to kill a dozen people.

Not bad enough for you? still think it's effing cool? Still think that weed isn't a big deal?

November 6th 2002. I lost my younger brother Eric to suicide. He smoked pot pretty heavily for years. Smart guy too, very creative made movies, and made everyone laugh. The note he left me was 3 pages of his addiction to weed. Couldn't quit, couldn't afford to buy it, couldn't live in the shame and anger he apparently got very very good at hiding from the rest of us.

So don't sit there and tell me that someone "who isn't in the drug culture" doesn't know what they're talking about.

I'd slap you silly but I doubt that it would make any difference.

grow up kid, you'll live a lot longer that way.

TransMan
12-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Well im sorry for what happened to ur bothers but thats not what happens to everyone that smokes some peoepl have more problems with addiction then others im not one of those people. Im not going to lie to you and tell you weeds the only thing ive done i have tried other stuff but frankly i dont like putting stuff up my nose or in my arm I dont liek the high your get from pills and most of those drugs cost way too much for me so i choose to stear clear. I liek the high i get from weed and i know i can quit any time i want because i have stoped many times when it was needed or i had to buy something more important(mostly food). You dont get phisicly addicted to weed because THC stays in your system so long and gradually goes out that it regulates your cravings so the only addiction is mental. So just because ur bothers had extremly bad experiences with weed doesnt mean that everyone or that the majority will. Remember its the ones you dont hear about that are the good exampals.

e mag
12-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Just so you know i've never smoked anything, not even a cigarette, and have never drank either. However, transman is right that it's only the bad examples you hear about. Many people are also killed every year because of alcohol and even more are injured, but it is still legal. I will admit that most of the people I know who smoke weed aren't exactly excelling in school, but I also know that about half of the kids in the advanced courses at my high school had at some point tried or did smoke weed. I don't know about the kids at my college, but it seems like most just drink. Anyway, i'm not exactly for it being legalized, but I also don't believe a lot of the reasons why people say it is so bad.

Albinonewt
12-22-2003, 09:04 PM
its either that or real news. but i guess that 2 soldiers dying today isnt big news.:rolleyes:

You know, I'm getting tired of that nonsense too.

Because people talk about one thing then you assume we think everything else is unimportant.

That's so stupid and it starts to get old.

Albinonewt
12-22-2003, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by e mag

Who are "they"? In my opinion, it is not a gateway drug.

Oh, then I guess it isn't so, since you've said it.

I know a lot of kids that have smoked weed for a long time and have never tried other drugs, or who smoke weed and have tried other drugs but never continued to use them.

And I know people that tried it and quit. And I know people that let drugs destroy their lives, and I know people that got high one night and decided to try dodging trains. The fact that you know a handful of people that tried it and survived doesn't make it smart or safe. My father has been in 3 wars and he's alive. Does that mean war isn't dangereous?

If you say it is a gateway drug because some people who smoke weed do go on to do worse drugs, then is alcohol a gateway drug?

Sort of, but not exactly the same, since alcohol tends to lead to more alochol and one kind isn't really that different then the next. They are all the same basic ingredient but at different levels of potency. Different drugs ARE very different and do different things.

Every kid I know who smokes weed drank before they smoked, so does that make alcohol a gateway drug?

Every kid I know had a big wheels before they smoked weed, does that make it a gateway method of transportation?

And it basically is. A kid that drinks underage is more prone to other forms of illegal and risky behavior.

Albinonewt
12-22-2003, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TransMan
For someone who is not in the "drug culture" as im assuming Albinonewt

Well you know what they say about assumption. It makes you look like an idiot when you're so wrong it causes physical damage. Why don't you ask my parole officer how much I do or don't know about the drug culture.

Boy, the stories you read about drugs are mine and the people I grew up. I've learned from personal experience in addition to reading on the subject. Oh, and as an added bonus I married a drug chemist for the state police, so don't presume to lecture me on the drug culture.

1stdeadeye
12-22-2003, 09:38 PM

Why is it a "gateway" drug?

Well most users don't jump straight into crack and heroin. They usually start slower!:rolleyes: Now it is very true that not all pot users become hardcore drug users. However most hard core drug users started with pot.

than205
12-22-2003, 10:54 PM
Guys,
We've discussed this before. I was under the impression we came to a pseudo truce with regards to the whole pot thing.
My personal belief is firmly with the idea that Alcohol does more damage that pot ever will. That's my belief.
So as I swill my Bass Ale, I will accept the conditions of the situation.

e mag
12-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by than205
Guys,
We've discussed this before. I was under the impression we came to a pseudo truce with regards to the whole pot thing.
My personal belief is firmly with the idea that Alcohol does more damage that pot ever will. That's my belief.
So as I swill my Bass Ale, I will accept the conditions of the situation.
Yeah, I have my opinions that are similar, and everyone else has their own. I'm not going to debate this because I have said my opinion and that's all there is to it.

Collegeboy
12-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt

Not really, this time there's proof. For the current President there is zero proof, just some people throwing accusations.

Oh yeah I forgot, stealing isn't stealing unless you get caught. Get morals

FactsOfLife
12-23-2003, 10:17 PM

Oh yeah I forgot, stealing isn't stealing unless you get caught. Get morals

get a clue troll.

Collegeboy
12-23-2003, 10:20 PM

get a clue troll.

It is suppose to read GREAT morals, not get, my bad. Sorry for that.

I am not trolling, just responding to a quote of mine.

You are very good at acquisitions, but not proof. Next time make sure you are correct

cphilip
12-23-2003, 10:32 PM
Drugs are bad Mkay.... Chose Sex! But safely!

Closed.