PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth...

Sunshine
12-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm getting my wisdom teeth cut out of my body on Monday, I am going to vidio tape it.

AFRaven
12-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Definately video tape it! I got mine out a couple of years ago. Honestly, it wasn't the best experience in my life, but it wasn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Then again, everyone is different. Good luck either way.

grw4w34
12-21-2003, 09:42 PM
i get mine out monday too.

Sunshine
12-21-2003, 09:54 PM
grw4w34 brother!
(inside joke)
10:15am (EST) when is yours, maby there will be two AO'ers knocked out at the same time. That would be cool.

I'm vidiotaping it for kicks, and for a Anatomy Class Honors Project. I have a D, and at the biginning of the year my teacher said if we do a good project she will give us an A therd and fourth quarter.

Bad_Dog
12-21-2003, 10:04 PM
My sister had hers out on thursday, she's still pretty sore from the operation. Plus she has the added effect of large bruises on the outside of her cheeks, gets me excited for when I get to have mine taken out!:rolleyes:

btw are you guys getting put out?, or just having your mouth nummed?(sp?)

Sunshine
12-21-2003, 10:26 PM
I don't know if they will give me both tho.
Last time I had oral surgury I fought the gas, it was so cool. I told the Dr. she was hot, but she was not:(
If you fight it too long they give you more and more, thats what i plan to do for my video, it will be more intertaining.
The Dr. is a guy this time but i have seen the nurse that he works with, she is REALY hot, I hope I don't make a total ars of myself.

Sunshine
12-21-2003, 10:30 PM
I think this is how it goes down...

day 1:
IV/Gas you out
then numb your mouth
cut out teeth
wate till you wake up
give you pills for after pain

day 2:
lye around growning hopped up on pain killers

day 3:
more lying around

day 4:
up and about

I am going to ask for extra pills...just to screw around with...I mean...uh...cuz it still herts, ya thats it.

TraXeR
12-21-2003, 10:46 PM
I've never had mine taken out, I'm so happy.

Sunshine
12-21-2003, 10:49 PM
What are you talking about, you don't feel a thing.
Then ask for more pills and (including the day of surgury) your high for a week, legaly.
O man christmas is going to be a blure, this is going to be so cool.

Rather
12-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Yea theats about how it goes, but u cant have softdrinks for about 3-5 days, so you might want to find alternative sources of caffiene. ANd make sure you have somone around to talk to when you are being hopped up on the laughing gas, proves for a very interesting experience for the both of you...Me and Ford Perfect know how those 5 minutes before passing out are...WHOOOOO!!!!

BobTheCow
12-21-2003, 10:54 PM
haha I got mine out the day after Thanksgiving. Vicodin is gooooooooood stuff. :)

DUDE, make sure you still get videotaped when you wake up!! Appearantly, that's the funniest part!!!! I took like half an hour to "wake up" completely, and I still don't have any memory of anything until like 2 hours after that. My parents said I was freakin' hilarious though. :p

Sunshine
12-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Hell ya,
I tought the nurse how to change the tapes and operate my camera, man she is hot, so im going to get it all.

Sunshine
12-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Rather
Yea theats about how it goes, but u cant have softdrinks for about 3-5 days, so you might want to find alternative sources of caffiene. ANd make sure you have somone around to talk to when you are being hopped up on the laughing gas, proves for a very interesting experience for the both of you...Me and Ford Perfect know how those 5 minutes before passing out are...WHOOOOO!!!!

Good idea having someone to talk to, becides the nurse, I can probably get my buddy out of school, good idea.

Sunshine
12-21-2003, 11:54 PM
gona wear my PJ's
o man this will be cool, my friend is grtting out of school for a "school project" hes not even doing

Army
12-22-2003, 01:23 AM
Yup, getting there is half the fun!

Had three wisdoms pulled, and the two molars they crushed too (first molar broke in '95, keeerimony that bloody hurt).

72 milligrams of Valium an hour before I went to the office made the world a very happy place indeed. My wife says I was babbling non-stop about EVERYTHING...at about 90mph too! But I was acutely aware of everything going on around me, and remember it all vividly, in blazing colors....until they knocked me out.

Chrissy filled me in at this point:

I was only 45 minutes in the office, when Chrissy came to get me, which I remember only in the faintest recess of my polluted mind. Drove straight to the drug store to pick up the prescription....which was not ready yet. So, I was in the Jeep for an hour, drooling gobs of blood and spit and surgical slime all down my shirt and lap. I don't know why the Cops didn't show up for the dead guy in the Jeep:D

Trying to walk me up the porch stairs, she said it was like pushing jello uphill, and I nearly fell over backward atop her. I can just imagine what the neighbors thought had they been peeking out their windows. She placed me on the sofa, told me to stay there and watch the movie, then left to go back to work.

Now this all started at 0800, and it is now around noon. However, I did not become aware of where, or what, I was until nearly 2030 when I went to the kitchen to get something to wash the "dry" feeling from my mouth. I felt something in my cheeks, and worked it out with my tongue...I spit out the blackest, most vile smelling giant wad of bloody cotton and gauze into the trash. It was about 10 glasses of rinsing later that I was able to open my eyes again. I looked around after that, and had to ask myself what I was doing home..........oh yeah, Dentist!

It turns out, I watched 5 of the 8 DVD's of Band Of Brothers, including having to get up and change the disc....and still have NO CLUE that I did!

I was still groggy the next day, as I polished off 1.5 gallons of strawberry ice cream.....I hate strawberry ice cream now...

Went to work on the 3rd day, and the Captain allowed me to take it easy, so I went to the rifle range and hung out with the SF guys. The Captain later says he didn't mean quite that easy!

The ONLY thing that sucks about having that many teeth out at once, is I had to re-train my tongue to stay away from the remaining teeth. I must have chewed on my tongue 500 times until I finally got it figured out!

Take care, and buy your favorite ice cream now:) (It's not for any nutrition (duh), but to numb your mouth, and keep the swelling down.)

bornl33t
12-22-2003, 05:26 AM
pulling my teeth was the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

the last thing I remember was, ok now I'm going to put this in your IV, then lights out

the next thing I remember was 3 am almost 12 hours later, I woke up with the BEST sleep I've ever had. I was eating pizza by that night... no biggie, 3 teeth, 2 were embeded under the bone line. According yo my sister n law I was barley coherant when they walked me to the car. I was acting seriously stoned. Then she stoped at gordmans on the way home and HY-Vee. Supposedly she fed me 2 cups of yogurt ( which I LOVE ) before she tucked me in on her couch. This was a year ago :D

My guess is I either have a very high pain tolerance or I just heal really well in my mouth. Same experiance when I got my tongue pierced... both times acutally. I was eating lasagne/pizza by the evening.

Next month I go in for braces... yeah at 25 :eek: lets hope this is *** easy as all that!?!?! I'll get pics up if anyone cares....

DJBacon06
12-22-2003, 03:25 PM
man, braces are a pain! i got mine off not too long ago:D

Thordic
12-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Getting gas and IVs? What a bunch of pansies...

The doc took mine out just with novacaine. That way you get to watch bloody stumps of broken tooth coming out of your mouth. Mine were impacted, so it was a surgical extraction. They have to cut the gum away, drill a hole in the tooth, and then literally use a mini-crowbar to crack the tooth in half, then the pull out the chunks.

Fun fun...

I got them done one side at a time so I could still eat, about a month apart. The second half, I was eating a hamburger (although with some difficulty) the same day.

grw4w34
12-22-2003, 04:00 PM
mine was over an hour ago and im perfectly fine im trippin though... they knocked me out and had an IV in me. sorry for the bad punctuation im still a little whoaish. It was kinda fun. i was talkin to the dr about football and all of a sudder i wake up seeing ducks flying around me head. they wanted me to get into a wheel chair to my car but i wanted to walk. they had to grab me and put me in the chair.... once im not druggd i will edit this but i have to go cause teh pengiun ( from billy madison) is here.... jk im not that halucenigenic now, but im poretty messed up.. o and i was done at like 1130 pacifc. sorry for the bad spelling and stuff im sure u under stand

Sunshine
12-22-2003, 04:26 PM
wow i can't feel my face
this is too cool

my toung feels like a pillo stuffed in my mouth

Sunshine
12-22-2003, 04:28 PM
it feels like i don't even have a face

i walked to the truck unassisted, the nurse was behind me, but was not holding me.
i asked for that cuz both my bro's had to be led out by my mom and a nurse, panzies
plus i look cooler in my vid

painball
12-22-2003, 04:29 PM
My bottom wisdon teeth are coming in straight and they have room so I may not have to cut them out. :)

Sunshine
12-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Thordic

The doc took mine out just with novacaine. That way you get to watch bloody stumps of broken tooth coming out of your mouth. Mine were impacted, so it was a surgical extraction. They have to cut the gum away, drill a hole in the tooth, and then literally use a mini-crowbar to crack the tooth in half, then the pull out the chunks.

Fun fun...

I got them done one side at a time so I could still eat, about a month apart. The second half, I was eating a hamburger (although with some difficulty) the same day.

At least we had a good time

And at least we can go a few hours without a cheeseburger

grw4w34
12-22-2003, 07:03 PM
I still cant feel my face... i got feeling back in my tounge tho and im not as drugged as i was earlier... the are starting to hurt a little now and my prescription wont be ready for like another hour... o well pain is only temporary

bornl33t
12-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Thordic

Fun fun...

You're just jealous.... :D

GhillieGuy
12-22-2003, 09:36 PM
I got mine out when i was like 15. I went to mexico a couple weeks later and got a verry bad infection from it in my mouth, so bad i had to go to a hospital there.

So will the docs allow you to tape it?:confused:

gimp
12-23-2003, 12:04 AM
I remember having my wisdom teeth out. Pretty ordinary for me. I wake up not knowing where I am, and some part of me hurts. In this case my mouth. I snapped a bone in my hand later that night during some drunken festivities, so I kinda forgot about the wisdom teeth. I was back at work the next morning. I should have done it during school so I had an excuse to skip.

Good luck with the video tape.

Sunshine
12-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Heat

You're just jealous.... :D

...ya...well...uh...your jealous...so there:D

Sunshine
12-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by GhillieGuy
I got mine out when i was like 15. I went to mexico a couple weeks later and got a verry bad infection from it in my mouth, so bad i had to go to a hospital there.

So will the docs allow you to tape it?:confused:

A MEXICAN hospital, wow that had to be life or death, i haope your ok (wow thats a stupid question)

ya the dr actualy wanted a copy, but i dont know how to make one:rolleyes:

i don't feel like telling the whole story so i wont, here is the short version...

--went there (me and friend)
--checked in
--sat
--called back and set up vid junk
--did all the intros
--they nocked me out (coolest part)
--i woke up pritty fast (5 min)
--buddy drove me home
--chilled (literaly) i have to have ice pacs on for 48 hrs strate
--i was walking around by 4:00pm
--doing cartwheels by 8:00

if i can git some AV geek i will put it on my comp

pce out,
a very happy/cold Sunshine

grw4w34
12-23-2003, 01:36 AM
they told me not to do ice packs... i have an ace bandage wrapped around my head that has to be there for 24 hrs. THe wierd thing is my face is still numb in some parts. They told me if it was persistant for more than 48hrs i could ahve nerve damage:( but its starting to get sensation back

grw4w34
12-23-2003, 01:39 AM
I also should have mentioned that as i was getting put under i was telling the nurses that there was a big penguin in the room and that i wanted them to catch him before they operated. I must have been out of it because i dont remember saying anything about a penguin, they just told me about it after.

Sunshine
12-23-2003, 02:14 AM
just my lower right lip and chin is numb, the rest is fine now.

but it feels so cool when you cant feel your face, i want to be a dentist just for axcess to the novacane, i would just numb my face every friday night, sorry i just stacked 3 of those supercharged advills, this took me so long to write