PDA

View Full Version : In lieu of the SP attack on AKA

Duhck
12-21-2003, 10:04 PM
what if a company like AKA had brother/sister companies that created seperate parts of the gun. therefore not a single one is responsible for creating the marker itself. for instance lets say this:
- WAS makes the boards and eyes, as is the current situation.
- AKALMP creates the solenoid, valve and reg
- Destructive customs makes the bodies

etc... but there is not one company that is soley responsible for the patent infringement. is this legal or possible? it could result in higher prices, but it also could result in cheaper prices. for instance, building a custom cocker w/a race frame... do raceframes infringe on the patent?

IWANTMOREMAGS
12-22-2003, 12:23 AM
I think this is getting out of hand. I have a feeling the Owner or SP is going t be assassinated or something. I don't like SP, but I wouldn't wanted someone to kill me.

umm yeah

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-22-2003, 01:52 AM
so why are they doing this? it seems as though they are trying to get us all heated up

Sir_Brass
12-22-2003, 01:55 AM
I'd like to see the Gardner brothers try to sue BE and then end up being counter sued by BE (which is now a multi-million $$ company. they'd kick SP's arse in court). That'd teach SP the MJ lesson: don't put your hand in someone else's pant's pocket.

Rather
12-22-2003, 02:13 AM
Some one brought that idea up before and i think it was agreed that it would still infringe on the patent because they are comercially making already pre built parts for the gun. Now if they give you a micro board, wires, chips, and some chunks of metal that would deffinately not infringe. But since they have done those steps already, SP will no doubtetly get whoever does that....everything but the boards are ok. So unless you feel like learning how to sodder (sp?) wired to a motherboard thats out the window.

IWANTMOREMAGS-SHHHHHH, that wasnt supposed to leak out untill after I had given that mercenary for hire the 2nd payment... ;)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER- What would you expect from a company run by lawyers (lyers)? The kind of people that give a bad name to vermin.

Sir_Brass- I salute you on that well placed double burn :D

demonguy8
12-22-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Sir_Brass
I'd like to see the Gardner bros. try to sue BE and then end up being counter sued by BE (which is now a multi-million $$ company. they'd kick SP's arse in court). That'd teach SP the MJ lesson: don't put your hand in someone else's pant's pocket.

Be/k2s MAIN source of of marker income is the non electric bottom of the barrel plastic heap. They have little if anything to with SPs pattent and will most likely only need a cease and desist (spelling?) order to stop them cold. KINGMAN on the other hand had better get its act together since Espyders probably generate more than 80% of their yearly profit. The last thing kingman needs right now would be to let AKA put up a bad defense with a poor attorney so SP can get a legal precedent.

EDIT: as far as assination goes.. I would flat out laugh if they got offed by somone so dedicated to cheaper paintballgun prices/ a specific company that they went and assassinated the gardners. FYI Id be laughing at both the gardners AND whoever was pathetic enough to do it.

IWANTMOREMAGS
12-22-2003, 03:29 PM
I'll tell you what Rather, I'm in cahoots(sp?) with one of the MODs. I'll get them to close this thread and keep your secret safe....\\

j/k
Don't be offended Cphil, Load, Tuna, Black, etc.

Kevmaster
12-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by demonguy8
[B]Be/k2s MAIN source of of marker income is the non electric bottom of the barrel plastic heap. They have little if anything to with SPs pattent and will most likely only need a cease and desist (spelling?) order to stop them cold. KINGMAN on the other hand had better get its act together since Espyders probably generate more than 80% of their yearly profit. The last thing kingman needs right now would be to let AKA put up a bad defense with a poor attorney so SP can get a legal precedent.

sorry, the cease and decist(I too can't spell it) order went out months ago. BE/JT/VL is still selling and making electro markers. BE has told me htey won't stop doing so until the highest court tells them they have to and wont pay a penny until the highest court tells them they have to. BE is a multi-BILLION dollar company now. They wont settle for ANY loss of market shares...

tony3
12-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Sir_Brass
I'd like to see the Gardner brothers try to sue BE and then end up being counter sued by BE (which is now a multi-million $$ company. they'd kick SP's arse in court). That'd teach SP the MJ lesson: don't put your hand in someone else's pant's pocket.

SP got NPS to settle with them, NPS is a VERY big company. People are making such a big deal out of this.....