PDA

View Full Version : bad weekend with emag >:|

rikkter
12-22-2003, 03:45 PM
so yeah. 2 weeks ago i got karta, worked perfect. last weekend worked perfect. th is weekend. hell.
so with the karta on the emag and it working fine, i eliminated it being the problem of my hellish weekend.

i chopped like mad.
and i still dont know why.
level 10 has 1line 1 dot as carrier, 1 shim. stock spring as level 10.
things i've tried to change to stop chopping:

scepter barrel kit, tried .686, .688, and .690 inserts.
tried different velocities
different springs/level 10 setups
different tank inputs
new batteries in halo
different barrel all together
different paint.
different ball detents
different tank all together
battery WAS charged all the way

i checked to see if there was any flaws or chips in breech, halo neck, or barrel or threads, nothing anywhere.

suggestions?

Dayspring
12-22-2003, 03:47 PM
You're sure it's chops and not barrel breaks right?

(Not being condescending, just giving us a point of reference.)

Big'n slo
12-22-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm with day on this one.
The EXACT same thing happened to me this passed season, I checked everything but still my maker made soup all day. I finally found that I had lost the barrel O ring on my Scepter kit.

rikkter
12-22-2003, 03:57 PM
sorry, forgot to mention that
its weird tho, like when i break, and look, the paint starts like, a little after the barrel starts, so its kinda like a barrel break, but i'm not sure, since theres paint and all that on the bolt and such. but i just ran outside and cleaned everything and tried it, and its like, it breaks right after the ball detents, right when it enters the barrel.
the scepter still has the oring, and odens't seem to have any flaws. could the barrel by sitting a little sideways and causing this?

edit: it'd chop if i tried to shoot fast, i ran manual most of the day and it seemd to work fine that way if i didn't try to shoot too fast

Big'n slo
12-22-2003, 04:04 PM
your scepters got an Oring on the threaded end of the tip and the base correct?

Dayspring
12-22-2003, 04:04 PM
Oring? Scepter? No such thing.

And it's possibly the paint you were shooting was a .692 and is still breaking in the barrel.

Check and make sure your spring isn't broken either.

rikkter
12-22-2003, 04:09 PM
oring on both ends, tip and back.

day, you saying no oring is suppose to be on the scepter? i can take it off and try again.

the springs are good, i've tried 3 different springs.
the paint i used would fall through the .690, thats why i went that high. first paint was midnights, would fit the .687 or the smallest one i have, but the blaze i bought, it would fall through my smallest insert.

Dayspring
12-22-2003, 04:18 PM
On the tip there is one, but not the back-- not on any I've ever seen.

rikkter
12-22-2003, 04:20 PM
hm.

this the only thing you think would be causing it? it was a LITTLE cold but i was the only one having problems, and there was a xmag and 2 other emags there

Tunaman
12-22-2003, 04:29 PM
Put the stock body back on and try it. Then you just may have your answer. It it still does it, make sure to do a drop test on the paint. Might just be a crap batch.

Big'n slo
12-22-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by rikkter
oring on both ends, tip and back.

Shoots my theory in the butt.

My scepter chopped like mad without the back oring on.

rikkter
12-22-2003, 04:48 PM
well i just took the oring out, and ripped on it in back yard and seemed to work fine, but its 'short stroking' in emode.. battery has a good charge to it too. but, it was short stroking since i had less than 1000 psi so.

Dayspring
12-22-2003, 04:54 PM
What's your input pressure? Just curious.

Branchvillian
12-22-2003, 05:14 PM
This happened to me at the chrono at the most recent GPL event. Complete meltdown...I was pissed because it took me forever to fix. I am not sure exactly what I did to fix it, but I did take the detent and unscrew it a little bit. I also changed my factory cut AGD middle spring, and put in a spare middle spring I had. It started working after that.

rikkter
12-22-2003, 05:18 PM
well, i was changing the input from 600, to 800, all inbetween, up to 1000, down to 500. i tried everything ;\

rikkter
12-22-2003, 05:36 PM
well, i ghetto rigged my two tanks up and filled one of them up to 1300 from my flatline tank.
took the oring off the barrel, shot about half a hopper ripping it fast, not one chuff or barrel break

this boy is back in business

thanks Dayspring!

Dayspring
12-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Another satisfied customer.

Next in line, step up. :D