PDA

View Full Version : Jim Drew: Exposed by Bob Long and Terry of BLAST...

cledford
12-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Well, I guess eventually someone else would get around to figuring out Jim was full of crap. It looks like Bob, Terry, and the rest on BLAST went out and bought a chrono that can record more than a single shot per second (I could have saved them a lot of cash on that one...) and that also records BPS. Turns out that the BPS shown on the Timmy LCD by the Equalizer is a little *off*...

Now, who'd have thought that people couldn't actually pull a trigger 27+ times a second? I digress, Terry says "
Why am I only getting 15bps with my Alias and I get 18bps with my equalizer equipped Intimidator?
Well I got news for you, just because your Equalizer says 18, 19, 20bps, and etc., doesn't mean your gun is really shooting that fast. At BLAST, we have an Oehler Ballistic Chronograph, this very expensive piece of equipment that was developed for the firearm industry. This is the same tool that has and will be used by Mike Ratko, the NXL commisioner to weed out the illegal markers. The Oehler will accurately measure rof, the velocity of every shot, give averages, highs and lows and etc.. This is the ultimate tool for tuning a marker for shot to shot consistancy and speed.

When ever we have tested an Equalizer equipped Intimidator over the Oehler, we have always had a higher value show on the marker's LCD over the computer readout of the Oehler. Yes, the Equalizer can inflate the actual rof value.
Again, let me reaffirm that there is no cap on these new LCD boards, Bob, some of the fast fingers at the Shop and I have all reached higher values than 16bps. Please note that we have also consistantly found identical readings with the new LCD board markers and Oehler chrono. We simply believe that the bps counter is more accurate on our new boards versus the Equalizer.

You can read all about it here:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375721

Now I wonder if Bob figured out that the Timmy never had any shootdown either? Seems like the Equalizer ISN'T stock on the '04 Timmys. Maybe they had a little falling out, over say, the truth!?!? Makes one wonder if there is any other *reasons* ol' Jim was pulling down every post he ever made from the web.

Enjoy!

-Calvin

shartley
12-22-2003, 07:08 PM
:cool:

personman
12-22-2003, 07:10 PM
pwn3d

WARPED1
12-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Always can count on a fellow AO member to find the truth with concrete proof! Kudos! Let's see Jim's reply to hard, documented fact...........

p8ntball1016
12-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Always can count on a fellow AO member to find the truth with concrete proof! Kudos! Let's see Jim's reply to hard, documented fact........... Then after he replys we punch him in the head.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by personman
pwn3d

indeed

joshweinerhead
12-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
Then after he replys we punch him in the head.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Automaggin2
12-22-2003, 08:21 PM
I LOVE IT. Everytime someone brought up WAS or Kim Drew to me praising him, i just looked at them and laughed, ever since he first came on the scene i had a feeling he was a load of crap, especially when he claimed he developed a board for the revvy that has "artificial intelligence". I love how people are just starting to realize this guy is a tool.

WARPED1
12-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Then after he replys we punch him in the head. ROTFLMFAO!
And it's Jim Drew, not Kim!

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-22-2003, 08:27 PM
ROTFLMFAO!
And it's Jim Drew, not Kim!

Or is it Dun Dun Dun

WARPED1
12-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Hmmmm, good point!
Anyway, nice to see his outlandish claims proved, or nearly proved, a fabrication. Makes me wonder on the Turbo Rev..........

Rope a Dope
12-22-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by cledford
Now, who'd have thought that people couldn't actually pull a trigger 27+ times a second?

Bounce.

The WAS board checks for a shot every 1ms and buffers that shot because the gun cannot shoot every 1ms. Timmys use old microswitches because they have a lot of noise when the circut is broken. It doesn't simply go from on to off, in miliseconds when you hit the microswitch it goes off off, on/off off/on on/of, on on.., that noise in the middle where it is switching from off to on is what the WAS board counts as a shot, which is why you get 27bps when ya really pulled 15bps or so.

But the whole misled counter on the WAS boards.. blah.. I never believed them anyways.

OfficerGoat
12-22-2003, 10:34 PM
The main reason I never went WAS on my timmy was that it always smelled bull kaka. Aparently my nose was right. The sad bit about it is that those boards have some great features ... I hate the fact that when I set the settings on my SOB they reset to stock after its turned off. If someone can provide me with those sorts of features w/o the bs I would spend my hard earned cash on it pure and simple. I'd especialy like to see something I could flash via equalink or something simaler. ... Sigh.... just gonna have to deal with my SOB for the time being.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-23-2003, 01:04 AM
Is it me or was there really not any kind of proof in that thread on PBN? I didn't see a video or readings or data or anything. Did i miss something? Granted i really didn't read the thread, but i did skim through it and really didn't find anything that "Proved" anything else.

Not that i think he's legit or that i support him in anyway. It just seems to me that everyone here hates him and this one claim of his horse crap is any vindication to bash him some more. Really though, it's just a claim that's on "our" side.

ASDadam
12-23-2003, 01:08 AM
Here's the thing though bud, Jim never gave proof for any of his "findings" so we are left with a standstill. And i'd MUCH rather believe Bob Long or Terry over Jim anyday of the week. These are two highly credible men as opposed to Jim who lacks credibility.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-23-2003, 01:11 AM
Like i said, i'm really not much of a supporter for jim and his products, claims, ect. Why is it then, that we hate him for claims that he's made, but someone really doing the exact same thing just opposite his position, we rally for? Seems like hypocrisy to me.

WARPED1
12-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Exactly, Jim has not earned any of our respect. He needs to offer some documented proof. I'm sure if you asked Bob or Terry they would post/email/send you any recorded hard fact data, unlike JD.

SpecialBlend2786
12-23-2003, 01:50 AM
Then after he replys we punch him in the head.

hahahahhaha

WARPED1
12-23-2003, 02:06 AM
All stains don't come out in the wash................

trevorjk
12-23-2003, 04:07 AM

dude you ever hear of oxy clean? just soak laundry in that for about 10 minutes and all stains come out :) even red wine... its happened to me and it really works

Butterfingers
12-23-2003, 11:26 AM
Na WAS FULL OF CRAP!!! Who would have thought it!!!

We should archive this stuff somewhere so there will be a rolling record of his feces production, expusion, and storage capabilities

GT
12-23-2003, 11:57 AM
I dont get you guys?

WAS may have been full of it however I guarantee that the Vik and Excal would not be at the top of the paintballer's christmass list should jim not have made a board for them.

I cannot, however, speak of WAS in regards to the timmy....

RRfireblade
12-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by ASDadam
Here's the thing though bud, Jim never gave proof for any of his "findings" so we are left with a standstill.

That's not entirely true,he has been proven wrong on many occasions,he just always side steps it and says his words were changed around even though they were quoted directly from print.

That and he's a butt head if you ever met him in person,is why people who know enough of him hate him.

Jay.

DyNasTy
12-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Honeslty I dont get this, WAS is probably one of the best upgrades you can do for your marker. Who cares if it plays with the microswitch, its still shooting 1 SHOT PER PULL, you can't get around that simple fact. You still can only shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger, and just because the board allows the marker ot cycle faster doesnt mean squat. I personally am neutral in this WAS debate, what I think is, if you want a WAS Board buy one, if you dont stop hassling the guy.

RRfireblade
12-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by DyNasTy
Who cares if it plays with the microswitch, its still shooting 1 SHOT PER PULL, you can't get around that simple fact.

If that's your perception than you have know idea why WAS boards a typically "faster".;)

hitech
12-23-2003, 05:11 PM
Who cares if it plays with the micro switch, its still shooting 1 SHOT PER PULL, you can't get around that simple fact...if you want a WAS Board buy one, if you don’t stop hassling the guy.

I think one of the contentions is that it is NOT one shot per pull. And generally speaking, someone who makes extraordinary claims will be challenged here. That’s why Jim gets “hassled” here so much.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Honeslty I dont get this, WAS is probably one of the best upgrades you can do for your marker. Who cares if it plays with the microswitch, its still shooting 1 SHOT PER PULL, you can't get around that simple fact. You still can only shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger, and just because the board allows the marker ot cycle faster doesnt mean squat. I personally am neutral in this WAS debate, what I think is, if you want a WAS Board buy one, if you dont stop hassling the guy.

If he can't take the hassling, he should have never have come here with is ..... anyways. When he or anyone for that matter tries to sell their products, they should be ready to take the praise and the critisizm. Either that or have a perfect product.

Wouldn't it have been better "Not all stains come out in the wash?"

WARPED1
12-23-2003, 10:10 PM
It's a quote from a Northern State tune, but yes.

SlartyBartFast
12-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Who cares if it plays with the microswitch, its still shooting 1 SHOT PER PULL, you can't get around that simple fact.

If a circuit doesn`t have an effective debounce circuit to eliminate the noise from a switch then it most certainly is not one shot per pull.

The simple claim of 1ms monitoring of the switch proves beyond any doubt that the board is designed to catch switch bounce and recognize more than one switch activation per pull or the designed didn`t have a clue what they were talking about.

With Jim, on occasion both may have been true.:D

All switches have bounce. Your computer keyboard would register each key several times if it wasn't for debounce circuitry.