PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Bowl Games are on!

cphilip
12-22-2003, 08:16 PM
NC state is so far beating the snot outa Kansas U. Gonna be fun! So it begins.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-22-2003, 08:20 PM
I think everyone agrees a playoff should be instituted

sharpshooter1286
12-22-2003, 08:21 PM
god knows i do

(woot 500!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Automaggin2
12-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Phillip Rivers is a BEAST! A BEAST!

Bowl games! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY *crank yankers voice*

FactsOfLife
12-22-2003, 08:40 PM
yeeee-haw!

man I do love this time of year!

cphilip
12-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
Phillip Rivers is a BEAST! A BEAST!

Bowl games! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY *crank yankers voice*

40 yards away from setting a Tangerine bowl record. You gotta let him go for it. Even if they up 30 points. Sorry but you gotta go for it.

cphilip
12-22-2003, 08:57 PM
He gets the passing record. And then comes out of the game. Class act that is.

1stdeadeye
12-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Hey Phil,

What bowl is Clemson in?

:eek:

;)

*MD had better beat WVU or I have to eat my words. Sorry Colin but WVU is going DOWN!!!!!!!*

cphilip
12-22-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
Hey Phil,

What bowl is Clemson in?

;)

*MD had better beat WVU or I have to eat my words. Sorry Colin but WVU is going DOWN!!!!!!!*

Peach you silly! Heck we prolly don't even deserve THAT! Gotta play Tennessee to boot! But we sold it out even before Tennessee was chosen. Typical Clemson following gets us bowl games we don't even deserve it seems. But heck I just hope we don't stink it up too bad.

1stdeadeye
12-22-2003, 10:45 PM
We did the Peach last year and beat Tennesse like a government mule!

We moved up to the Gator Bowl and NBC, not cable!;)

spazzed
12-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Peach you silly! Heck we prolly don't even deserve THAT! Gotta play Tennessee to boot! But we sold it out even before Tennessee was chosen. Typical Clemson following gets us bowl games we don't even deserve it seems. But heck I just hope we don't stink it up too bad.

hahaha...sorry Unka, but I gotta respect my team..ya'll are in for a beating! :D ;)..

No offense, but anyone else thing we (Tennessee) got the major shaft? We've got a better record than both georgia & florida, and still got stuck in a crappy bowl against a crappy team! ( ;) )

Automaggin2
12-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Hey Phil,

What bowl is Clemson in?

;)

O hell no scott! haha! WVU all the way. Quincy Wilson is gonna run all over you like they did to miami. Rasheed Marshall? Grant Wiley? come on now, CANT HANDLE IT.

As for Ohio State....no comment

1stdeadeye
12-22-2003, 10:59 PM

O hell no scott! haha! WVU all the way. Quincy Wilson is gonna run all over you like they did to miami. Rasheed Marshall? Grant Wiley? come on now, CANT HANDLE IT.

We already did! Look at your schedule!

*cough* On my birthday 9/20-MD 34 WV 7!! *cough*

MD number 23 in the nation, WVU not ranked!;)

cphilip
12-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by spazzed

hahaha...sorry Unka, but I gotta respect my team..ya'll are in for a beating! :D ;)..

No offense, but anyone else thing we (Tennessee) got the major shaft? We've got a better record than both georgia & florida, and still got stuck in a crappy bowl against a crappy team! ( ;) )

Oh well depends on which Clemson shows up. You could be in for a suprise. Yea I know your dissapointed and all. But head to head counted remember? Um.... ;)

Well I sure not looking forward to playing a pissed of Tennessee thats for sure. But again....depends on which Clemson team decides to show up. On a good day...your toast. On a bad day we will stink it up!

spazzed
12-23-2003, 10:02 AM

Oh well depends on which Clemson shows up. You could be in for a suprise. Yea I know your dissapointed and all. But head to head counted remember? Um.... ;)

Well I sure not looking forward to playing a pissed of Tennessee thats for sure. But again....depends on which Clemson team decides to show up. On a good day...your toast. On a bad day we will stink it up!

Good call..especially considering the falters we had earlier in the year..But regardless, I still maintain we have too much talent to lose..again, no offense meant ;)..As for the head to head..we beat Florida @ the Swamp(Not to mention Miami @ the Orange Bowl, who saw that coming, eh? We will destroy the state of Florida! But first, gotta finish off the rest of SC!! ;) ). I won't comment on Georgia game, other than their fans are the frattiest bunch of people ever. :p

You hit the nail right on the head, sans the toast part..;)..and from a couple of the guys I've talked too, they *are* pissed at the snub, and ready for a bit of payback from last years bowlgame...Gonna be fun regardless :cool:

1stdeadeye
12-23-2003, 10:09 AM
You hit the nail right on the head, sans the toast part..;)..and from a couple of the guys I've talked too, they *are* pissed at the snub, and ready for a bit of payback from last years bowlgame...Gonna be fun regardless :cool:

Don't be mad about last year's peach bowl! MD let you all score that field goal so you wouldn't be shut out!:p

Go Terps!!!!!!!!!!!

spazzed
12-23-2003, 10:16 AM
hahahaha...yeahyeah, I know ;)..Just don't remind me about last season on a whole, that was the most pathetic crap I've seen in awhile..we had our share, and then some, of "me guys"..blah..oh well, atleast we get to beat up on Clemson ;)

1stdeadeye
12-23-2003, 10:21 AM
hahahaha...yeahyeah, I know ;)..Just don't remind me about last season on a whole, that was the most pathetic crap I've seen in awhile..we had our share, and then some, of "me guys"..blah..oh well, atleast we get to beat up on Clemson ;)

That is something to be proud of?:confused:

Everybody beats up on Clemson!:p

spazzed
12-23-2003, 10:23 AM

That is something to be proud of?:confused:

Everybody beats up on Clemson!:p

Hell no!!! haha..I was just ranting..my blood runs orange/white, so I'm still pissed about last year ;)...

hahaha, good call! :D

ShooterJM
12-23-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm still waiting with baited breath for the rose bowl....:D Go MICH!

spazzed
12-23-2003, 11:41 AM
/me shudders..

As much as this pains me, and believe you me, it really does...I hope Michigan wins.

DIE USC, DIE!!!!

BobTheCow
12-23-2003, 11:46 AM
All I know is, my Notre Dame made it to the .500 bowl :D ... :( :rolleyes:

TigerMan
12-23-2003, 11:58 AM
The bowls are fun to watch and all, but I get more fun out of reading the names. The names of the bowls just crack me up because of all the corporate sponsorship attached before the name, giving us suc great bowls like the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl or the Continental Tire Bowl. Just hearing names like those make me really wonder if coaches are saying throughout the year "Come on boys, we got our sights set on that invite to the Continental Tire Bowl."

But with names aside, there's some pretty good matchups. Tonight's game should be a good one, Boise St. vs. TCU in the Plainscapital Fort Worth Bowl(another great name).

Automaggin2
12-23-2003, 06:56 PM

We already did! Look at your schedule!

*cough* On my birthday 9/20-MD 34 WV 7!! *cough*

MD number 23 in the nation, WVU not ranked!;)

check again scott.....number 24

They beat them once, but WVU has regrouped since there. Virginia Tech? Pittsburgh? Not even a challenge. Even Miami struggled against ye ol' mountaineers

1stdeadeye
12-23-2003, 07:53 PM

check again scott.....number 24

Ah young one! 23 in the coaches poll! That is the one that matters! 24 in the USA today rankings. And West Virginia is ranked where?:p

cphilip
12-25-2003, 11:02 PM
I know this is like the Dead zone of football today but this Hawaii and Houston game actually is pretty good... Tied in the early 4th quarter now...lots of hitting and stuff. Not much defense but then again neither of them are very good but seem evenly matched.

cphilip
12-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Dam if this ones now going to OT! Houston pulls out a miracle to tie it up. We in OT now!

cphilip
12-26-2003, 12:35 AM
Hawaii wins in third OT and nasty fight erupts. Not good at all. Great game but sorry show of sportsmanship erupts into a brawl at the end. I not sure where it started. Very poor the way they all handeled it. Sickening. Shame because they all played one heck of a nothing bowl game.

Automaggin2
12-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Scott, Maryland is going down!

Passing Yards
1. Scott McBrien, Maryland 2,291
2. Rasheed Marshall, WVU 1,642
3. Charles Hales, WVU

Rushing Yards

1. Quincy Wilson, WVU 1,331
2. Josh Allen, Maryland 894
3. Bruce Perry, Maryland 646

Receiving Yards

1. Chris Henry, WVU 960
2. Latrez Harrison, Maryland 553
3. Steve Suter, Maryland 387

Punt Returns

1.Lance Frazier, WVU 282
2. Steve Suter, Maryland 240
3. JoJo Walker, Maryland 122

Interceptions

1. Brian King, WVU 6
2. Lance Frazier, WVU 5
3. Pac-Man Jones, WVU 4

Kick Returns

1. Pac-Man Jones, WVU 805
2. Kay-Jay Harris, WVU 336
3. Steve Suter, Maryland 331

Tackles

1. Grant Wiley, WVU 158
2. Adam Lehnortt, WVU 135
3. D. Jackson, Maryland 124

The interceptions says it all.

1stdeadeye
12-29-2003, 12:07 PM
Scott, Maryland is going down!

I think I hear a friendly wager coming on!:D

cphilip
01-02-2004, 09:01 PM

Good call..especially considering the falters we had earlier in the year..But regardless, I still maintain we have too much talent to lose..again, no offense meant ;)..As for the head to head..we beat Florida @ the Swamp(Not to mention Miami @ the Orange Bowl, who saw that coming, eh? We will destroy the state of Florida! But first, gotta finish off the rest of SC!! ;) ). I won't comment on Georgia game, other than their fans are the frattiest bunch of people ever. :p

Well it appears that indeed Clemson showed up and not the least of it they whipped your arse. Seems they wanted it more and out talented the Vols this year! WhooooT! :D

27 to 14 and never trailed in the game. Amazing but true.

cphilip
01-02-2004, 09:12 PM
You know I hate to point this out but the ACC so far is kicking arse in bowl games. If it wasn't for Florida State faltering against Miami last night and losing by 2 points we would already outright have won the trophy for conference wins on Bowl games. And that is against the one leading Conference that gets the advantage of only playing 4 games against our 5! Now we gotta somehow compete against a conference that plays LESS BOWL GAMES! I don't accept this. But at this point we are in second for that trophy. And against a conference that does not play as many Bowl games as the ACC and has as many members! Who's idea was this? It's certainly not a very accurate thing at all at this point. If GA Tech wins we will have gone 4-1 in bowl games. Whereas this other conference is now 3-0 with one more game to go. Now how is that figured? I don't get it at all! Same number of teams in conference and all....I can see the balance based on members but THIS conference is not any bigger than we are. And we are smaller today than the SEC and we beating them in match ups! And got a bigger percentage in bowl games! sheesh! :rolleyes:

cphilip
01-02-2004, 11:11 PM

Hmmm... where are you now spazzed? Suddenly silent? Better huh? Oh I guess its good they got a lesser bowl so they would only be humilitated by a lesser team! Bwahahahahahah

Losers! :D

1stdeadeye
01-03-2004, 08:46 AM
You notice that too Phil?

Suddenly all of these "fans" are real quiet! I have yet to hear from Automaggin2 about his monster WV team that my Alma Matta destroyed 41-7!!!!

FEAR THE TURTLE!!!!!!!!

cphilip
01-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Yep. Maryland did us proud. Flat out stomped em. Not even close!

Automaggin2
01-03-2004, 01:38 PM
You notice that too Phil?

Suddenly all of these "fans" are real quiet! I have yet to hear from Automaggin2 about his monster WV team that my Alma Matta destroyed 41-7!!!!

FEAR THE TURTLE!!!!!!!!

OK OK, they had a bad game. Wait til next season. I think there is going to be an upset. Just wait, Harris, Henry, and Pacman are goin to come up BIG next year, guarentee you a Big East title next year.

As for my other favorite team, they dominated KState in the first half. Such a sweet defense.

1stdeadeye
01-03-2004, 02:44 PM

OK OK, they had a bad game. Wait til next season. I think there is going to be an upset. Just wait, Harris, Henry, and Pacman are goin to come up BIG next year, guarentee you a Big East title next year.

:confused:

Then how do you explain the 34-7 ARSE WHOOPIND MD laid upon WV earlier this year?

MD OWNZ WV!!!!!:p

spazzed
01-03-2004, 03:46 PM

Well it appears that indeed Clemson showed up and not the least of it they whipped your arse. Seems they wanted it more and out talented the Vols this year! WhooooT! :D

27 to 14 and never trailed in the game. Amazing but true.

Good game Phil, I'm not even gonna start *****ing about it...But right now, I would looove to get my hands on a certain head coach whose main interest of late seems to be where he's going to find another hamburger. :(

Automaggin2
01-03-2004, 04:07 PM

:confused:

Then how do you explain the 34-7 ARSE WHOOPIND MD laid upon WV earlier this year?

MD OWNZ WV!!!!!:p

I smell a rivalry in the making!

Come to Morgantown next year for the game!

cphilip
01-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Hehehe... well. I just didn't see much fire outa the Tennessee boys last night. Looked like they just figured they could just show up or something. And then they sorta lost their cool late in the game when they could have come back and gotten into it and made it a game. I dunno whats wrong with them right now. You might be right though. Could be Coaching. I do know they just seemed like they were not ready to play and were not playing with much emotion at times.

Of a big note... the ACC won the Conference Trophy today. Yep. Georgia Tech took it away today and we ended up 5 - 1 in bowl games. It should be noted that Florida State is the only one that stumbled in thier game against Miami and lost by 2 points (Fla State misses a close shoulda been easy field goal in the game) but remember that Miami is scheduled to be an ACC team soon. So not to shabby for the ACC after all. But indeed the Trophy for best conference goes to the ACC! ;)

1stdeadeye
01-03-2004, 05:40 PM

I smell a rivalry in the making!

Come to Morgantown next year for the game!

WV needs to make it a game before it can be a rivalry. MD has destroyed WV 4 or 5 times in a row. Next year the ACC will rule all conferences in Football and Basketball! We will be the premier conference in the NCAA for a long long time!:D

Automaggin2
01-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Wow, you are joking about ACC in basketball, right?

I mean, Big East has or has coming in Louiseville, UConn, Marquette, Syracuse, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Villanova, Pittsburgh, Providence, Rutgers

All GREAT Basketball programs

Now for football, Big Ten and Big 12 will remain the top 2 conferences in the nation. Big Ten has the powerhouses like Ohio State and Michigan, Big 12 has Nebraska, KState, Oklahoma, and so on.

cphilip
01-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Now for football, Big Ten and Big 12 will remain the top 2 conferences in the nation. Big Ten has the powerhouses like Ohio State and Michigan, Big 12 has Nebraska, KState, Oklahoma, and so on.

Nope. According to all the experts and acknoledged by the trophy presented by ESPN there is no better conference in the nation this year than the ACC in Football. Won in head to head competition with all the other Conferences in bowl games at the end of the season. Done deal...no arguing...no doubts. They won it. Period. No matter what you want to argue. AND To top that off there is now Miami Va tech and Boston College coming into the ACC. Many people have agreed they just created the premier conference in Football for which the SEC has always claimed dominance. I think everyone agrees that argument is now moot. And I can tell you that your claims to the Big Ten and Big 12 are NOT founded in facts. They rest on the few teams in them that have good programs. But when we talk power house as conferences we talk about the weak ones too. And those two are LOADED with weak programs. The SEC has always had a head over them both from top to bottom teams. The weakest SEC team is still as good as any team in any of those two. And thats what we are talking about when we talk Conference strength. And its a simple fact now that the ACC won this year. It's been established and we got the trophy to prove it. 6 bowl games and five wins. In a small conference too! :D

Automaggin2
01-03-2004, 10:42 PM
cphil, ESPN has always said that about ACC. last year they did nothing but bad mouth the Big Ten and say how great the ACC was, but who came out on top last year? Big Ten. ESPN ALWAYS thinks the ACC is the greatest thing ever.