PDA

View Full Version : nice smartparts info

phantomhitman
12-23-2003, 09:24 PM
After reading and rereading all of the posts about the evil smart parts :D , I decided to look up their patents. I ran across a very informative link on google and thought I would share it. I am sorry if everyone and their mom knows about the suit and has read enough, I am just trying to help tards like me out by posting a link. If you look through the posts someone linked the specific patents smart parts has created.

smart parts info (http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=1058942255)

I hope this helps everyone out a little. As I read the post and the links that followed I got a better understanding as to what they are doing. I am going to have to think twice about anything made by smart parts now.

Can someone tell me if anyone owns smart parts, and what company smart parts owns? :confused:

Sir_Brass
12-23-2003, 10:06 PM
I saw that post a LONG while back, but glad someone found it again.

Folks, most of you should be smart enough to know that when the Doc speaks, you listen. Some of you won't agree with him, but he knows his stuff. I liked all the info he gave out on SP. That he still doesn't like what SP is doing shows (to me at least) that SP is doing something MIGHTILLY questionable legally.

Ginjiroku
12-24-2003, 12:08 AM
the doc is the one that made that shunning smart parts thing yea some people have given him a hard time. I don't think it will work but I wish it would and I'll still "shun" them.

Sir_Brass
12-24-2003, 12:14 AM
I think he knows it won't have much of an impact, but just encouraging those of us who want to do our part to do so and not buy smart parts. do it out of principle. If that happens, then maybe enough people will stop buying SP stuff to hurt SP's profits: but that won't happen if SP wins it's suits, b/c then it'll make more than enough off of the backs of other companies who actually develop useful products.

Ginjiroku
12-24-2003, 12:19 AM
do you know of any onther good barrel systems that use inserts like the freak? Because I don't want to buy a freak but I have to because if I get a cp 2 piece kit I can't buy all new bores when I get a ule body and If I get a ule first I can't afford a barrel kit too.

phantomhitman
12-24-2003, 01:01 AM
lol, wher in the world did that question come from :confused: ??!! there are like 4 other kits out. empire has one, kaner is suppose to be good, j and j has a kit out, and the freak. i think there are other i just cannot rem the names.

rikkter
12-24-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Ginjiroku
do you know of any onther good barrel systems that use inserts like the freak? Because I don't want to buy a freak but I have to because if I get a cp 2 piece kit I can't buy all new bores when I get a ule body and If I get a ule first I can't afford a barrel kit too.

as for as INSERTS. scepter. the inserts are longer than freak so more efficiency and accuracy.