PDA

View Full Version : how tight should the hopper be on your feedneck?

FreakBaller12
12-25-2003, 02:50 PM
alright so i got my ule mainbody and a blue halo
i know you have to sand it down alot, so i start and it takes forever. my dad help but it is very tight and i am worried about ym feedneck snapping. it is very snug and you have to screw it around for it to slide down, should i make it looser?

also i have need a barrel and want a scepter kit. the lowest i have found 5 bore is like 175, the lowest 3 bore is 135, can i find em any cheaper?

cphilip
12-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Leave it good and snug tight. remember to twist it out in the direction that tightens the feed neck into the body. It does take quite a bit of sanding. I use a Dremel with a roller sanding bit to do mine. But leave it tight as it will slowly wear down some each time you remove it. Its hard for me to tell if yours is right though. But it should be so that it takes a bit of twisting to get it snuggly in and out. You do not want it moving on you when you run.

Check with Tunaman on that Scepter. Also consider the J&J edge kit if you want to keep the cost down some more.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-25-2003, 03:38 PM
and if you sand it down too much some electrical tape will fix that problem

TheDoveDecends
12-25-2003, 03:43 PM
I got a green ule..

and when i put a hopper in mine.. it seems fine to me.. just takes some force to get it in and out.

Should i worry about sanding it down any?

cphilip
12-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by TheDoveDecends
I got a green ule..

and when i put a hopper in mine.. it seems fine to me.. just takes some force to get it in and out.

Should i worry about sanding it down any?

Nope. The Halo's are made extra big in order to be sanded down to fit anything that they run up against. I had a Micro Emag that they fit in without any sanding. But most feed necks are smaller. These are designed to give you plenty of meat to make sure they are tight. And you just have to remove enough to get it right for your feed neck. Regular Revolutions are smaller to begin with and often fit tight in these without doing anything. Sometimes they are too lose in some necks and you have to tape them around to get em to stay tight. But its better to have it a little too tight than too lose.

ExtremeODD
12-25-2003, 04:05 PM
i had to sand my eggy i just got, i have to FORCE it in, its really really hard to get it in, but its not like it needs to come out :p

SyntaxError
12-25-2003, 04:11 PM
lol my Eggy falls out of my KAPP low rise, bustin out the electrical tape:D

All hoppers do that for me though, the KAPP rises are HUGGGGE

SpecialBlend2786
12-25-2003, 04:54 PM
I wish more hoppers had the o-ring design that the ricochets have. Its very easy to get a good fit with those.

FreakBaller12
12-25-2003, 05:45 PM
i am just gonna have a HEART attack about snapping the feed neck, but o well i am sending in my warranty card tomrrow, and i heard they replace shells for free.

edited: cuz cphil made fun of me:(

cphilip
12-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
i am just gonna have a hard attack abotu snapping the feed neck...

Funny... that's not the sort of thing that gives me a "hard attack". :D

FreakBaller12
12-25-2003, 07:13 PM
shush, way to spread the holiday cheer
lol ohhh well
:(

cphilip
12-25-2003, 08:41 PM
hehehe... couldn't resist! ;)

pito189
12-26-2003, 01:27 AM
I had to sand the crap out of my HALO I just got today to fit in my X-Mag feedneck.

Why again does my top of the shelf, high quality gun not come with a clamping feedtube???:confused: :mad: