PDA

View Full Version : speedball vs. woods

fanera17
09-06-2001, 01:10 PM
Which one do you like more speedball or woods?

I like speedball becuase it's faster and more action then the woods.

Blake_sw
09-06-2001, 01:23 PM
Speedball here. It's a shame..most ppl at my field only use the woods fields and/or are afraid to use the airball/speedball fields. I hate that..oh well.

Gunga
09-06-2001, 01:54 PM
I like woods better myself. I also enjoy speed/hyperball as well, but like wooded fields more. I play on both speedball & wooded fields whenever I go play.

Why?

*Wood fields are bigger (in my experience anyway), giving one more freedom to move about.

*You can be more stealthy in woods games.

*A larger number of bunkers. There are relatively few bunkers on a speedball field, so you have a pretty good idea where the other guys are usually.

*Bunkers are much more varied in size. For example, a little tree that can hide a 'young gun' works for them, but is pretty much worthless for us bigger 'kids'. Whereas on speedball, one bunker pretty much fits all. So in the woods, you have to be more choosy as to where you can move to (bunker size-wise that is).

*Bunkers are more irregularly spaced than speedball.

*Wooded fields are less ammo intensive than speedball. I for one use a LOT less ammo playing in the woods, and given some of the prices for field paint, that's a good thing.

*And on a comfort issue, lots more shade in the woods. Which is good on those hot sunny days where you'd cook on the speedball field.

I'm sure I'll think of more reasons later. :)

TheTramp
09-06-2001, 04:10 PM
It's hard for me to say.

I really like woods if the field is very big. Big to the point that it takes a little while for the two teams to find each other. These fields are best with big teams (at least 10-20) and a longer time limit. Small woods fields are a pain to me if they aren't very convoluted and full of bunkers.

Speedball is what I think of when I think of the "sport" of paintball. Two teams of five on a basicly identical (on each side) field and a fairly short time limit. More of a test of teamwork then individual skill.

zvanut
09-06-2001, 04:13 PM
i agree w/ tramp on speedball.

ralicea
09-06-2001, 04:25 PM
I like speedball, but also like to play speedball.

MajorDamage
09-06-2001, 04:44 PM
I like speedball. Some wood feild are fun, but other arnt. I love the woods by my house that I used to play on, but the landowner wont let us anymore. But the woods feilds at our local feild isnt very fun. I like at Franklin Paintball they have Big Games(Scenario Games), and they have all of the speedball feilds, woods feilds, and just the woods out there all made into one HUUUUUUUGE feild! Its alot of land, and alot of fun! But Speedball is AWESOME! Lots-O-Fun!

ENDO!

magmanpaintball
09-06-2001, 05:31 PM
I personaly like speedball/hyperball more than woods. There is more action in speedball.

Yama
09-06-2001, 05:35 PM
ya i also like speedball and hyperball better. i think it is alot funner than woods.

AGDMINIMAGAGD
09-06-2001, 05:39 PM
I like speedball better than woods, its much more fast and exciting, although woods has its advantages, but speedball has more.:D

dandy
09-06-2001, 06:01 PM
Woods, especially thick woods where stealth counts.

keebler
09-06-2001, 06:02 PM
well i personaly like speedball better. it is more agressive and seems to go quicker. i hate those 30 minute woods games, just boring.

Xzion
09-06-2001, 07:53 PM
I enjoy the speed and action of Speedball, but also enjoy the stealthyness and cunning needed for woods, each has their own aspects.

xmetal2001
09-06-2001, 08:58 PM
Although i play(and ref) woods alot more, i enjoy speedball much more. I like it better than woods because its more exiting, fast-paced, and you usually can't just walk to another bunker, you ahve to be quick, smart and know what you are doing.