PDA

View Full Version : wgp cocker speed ?

tippihater
12-25-2003, 06:00 PM
what would be some things i could put on a 03 cocker, to make it faster, like a smoother, lighter trigger pull....
3 way? n e thing like that,,,,,,,,name the item, and how much

thnx guys

FreakBaller12
12-25-2003, 06:16 PM
new trigger frame
an elec. frame like an eblade or racframe run you about 400

while there are other trigger frames out there that are like 80 and improve your trigger pull, i cant remember the name, e- something

this wont improve you trigger pull but improve your gun.
go to www.4freeflow.com there are the nicest frontblocks and internals out

dinger
12-25-2003, 06:24 PM
ct 3-way 38$
spring kit 5$ or 8$ depending on size
mpp ram 35$

thats fast light and smooth for you :)

oh, and a jackle high speed delrin bolt if you want a lighter bolt, and you can time the gun without taking the bolt out because of a cut in the bolt

Ginjiroku
12-25-2003, 06:35 PM
http://www.3dspaintball.com/
these are supposed to be the best bolts around.

Wc Keep
12-25-2003, 09:45 PM
front block on my cocker will consist of a shocktech bomb 3 way a belsales ram and palmer rock reg. dont know anything bout bolts though. i dont think they help much actually.

Wc Keep
12-25-2003, 09:46 PM
also this is pure opinion but i like the regular hinge frame instead of the eblade. i am faster on the wgp hinge than on any electro.

Derman2k
12-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
front block on my cocker will consist of a shocktech bomb 3 way a belsales ram and palmer rock reg. dont know anything bout bolts though. i dont think they help much actually.

About the bolt... An all delron bolt will be better than an all metal bolt. You don't have to oil it and it lightens the cocking mass, so that means less kick.

Torbo
12-25-2003, 10:36 PM
just hook yourself up with a trigger job on the stock frame....if its set up correctly the wgp hinge is just as good as any available.

the stock pneus are good enough, no reason to replace them right off the bat...a new bolt is nice tho. again, not necessary.

LeatherPants
12-25-2003, 11:05 PM
Do you want to go electro or not?

If you don't I reccomend a Belsales 3way. It is the smoothest 3 way that I have found. The Shocktech Bomb is short BUT really not that smooth.

Go for the best. And make sure who ever times it knows what they are doing.

PaintballSmurf13
12-26-2003, 05:54 AM
you don't need much.
orracle 3-way
delrin bolt
Eclipse Hinge frame
....and that's about it..speed wise..
my gun set up is pretty nice..i'm pretty happy w/ it, just need the orracle 3-way..
:D

ICOM
12-26-2003, 02:26 PM
i would say for a front block have, besales 3 way,kapp fatram, palmers reg

bratch
12-26-2003, 04:17 PM
I'm going for a light mass on my new race. I just ordered a Slik back block. I will be getting the Jakal bolt and hammer as soon as I can get ahold of G3. For light those are my sugestions. Smooth would be a nice ram, maybe with QEVs not sure if you would need them for mech but for $20 couldn't hurt. I have always heard good things about roller sears if you are keeping the slider (does the 03 even have a slider or are they all hinges?). Thats all I can think of for now.

*Hammer will not make gun lighter I just need a new one.

nerobro
12-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Well.. I'd go with a 3 way that has brass inside so you can polish it to a very nice finish.. Say something like a ANGRY 3 way from belsales. Though something like a bomb is acceptable, just keep it properly lubed.

The real keys to a light smooth trigger pull is making things close, but not so close they bind.

If you want the trigger shorter, you may have to give up some smoothness. If you want a silky trigger pull, you'll want a cone, or rounded sear lug, and a polished sear back.

If you're running a hinge there's not a lot you can to do smoothen up the trigger pull, but the best trigger frames are Eclipse, and KAPP.

Front end components dont' have a whole lot to do with trigger feel. The stock ram is dandy for good trigger pulls becuase it's a large diameter ram. Minirams will only hurt the trigger feel beucase of their smaller diameter requireing higher LPR pressures.

An adjustable LPR is nice... but the stock one can be adjusted too. And since you only need to adjust it once or twice a season, I find that degassing the gun and adjusting it to be acceptable.

the lower your LPR pressure the lighter the trigger ( or sear spring in the case of a hinge frame ) spring you can reasonably run is.

it's really a large ballancing act. But the first step to a good trigger pull, is a large set of springs you can futz with. You want to run the lightest hammer spring you can get away with, that will let you run a lighter sear spring, and then you can run a lighter trigger spring.

Longer springs, with more coils, are better. Lower spring rates mean that your trigger will have the same weight for more of the pull, instead of it ramping to much higher forces as you pull the trigger. (what I'm saying is dont' cut your trigger spring, replace it with a lighter spring, preferably a longer spring)

LeatherPants
12-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Don't get the Orracel 3 way it's aPOS. Also if you get the Eclipse Blade hinge trigger you can swap out the springs to make the pull even smoother. You can use the springs that come in the Maddman kit.

Major Ho
12-26-2003, 09:38 PM
I cant recommend the orracle tickler LPR to anyone anymore. Between the two Ive used they both suck. Its flow rate could probably barely keep a mouses' tit full of air.
I have no idea what that means...
So anyways, stay away from that LPR cuz it will slow you down. I have no idea how the orracle eblades have those same regs on there to keep them running.

03vert
12-27-2003, 01:04 PM
bomb 3-way's one of the shortest
dont really need a new ram but if you wannt go for it do it
i'd buy a freeflow reg (i think its palmers)
and the sear with the bearings if it works on a 03.
also the 3-way on the stock 03 suck major @## and i would go for a new bomb or bullet to shorten it down a bit. yuck i hated my cocker. good guns but you spend as much time at the shop as you do on the field.good luck.

nerobro
12-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Well... if your cocker is spending time in the shop, it's either got ANS parts on it, or you're screwing with it.

My gun went 4 years between breakdowns.. and the only maintnance it recieved was some oil every so often :-)

That is what I find to be typical of cockers when properly treated. (not treated... that is)

A roller sear is nice, but expensive, and if the rest of the trigger group is good, it's really a non issue.

Palmers makes the best LPR. The stock 3 way is GOOD, but has a long pull. The stock ram.. well I won't run anything but stock rams.

LeatherPants
12-27-2003, 03:56 PM
I've have a shocktech roller sear and a Belsales roller sear in two of my cocker. The Belsales is smoother. Some people do not think the roller sear in hinge triggers makes a diffrence. I beg to differ. It's not a HUGE difference but you CAN feel it.