PDA

View Full Version : new automag help!

GreySquirrel1218
12-25-2003, 06:50 PM
I have been using spyders for 2 years, and decided to just get into a better gun, even though my friends told me not to, after much research i felli n love with the automag, so here i am , i have a standard automag classic, 16 inch all american barrel and a gas through forgrip thing, right now im using co2 just because i havent found the right nitro tank i want. I took it outside set up my little box for a target and took some shots, and everything was perfect, shot like a dream , them about on the 5th shot it liek double fired, which had me concerned. then a couple shots later it like stoped firing, and leaked down teh barrel, i pressed the trigger and it stopped leaking, and there wasnt any pressure on the trigger except at the very very end, barely noticable, i pushed teh bolt back into place with a dowel rod, it jus went click, no real movement backwards, and it fired like 2 to 3 more times then teh same thing happened. i think its bolt stick? can anyone please help? an any recommendations on a nice nitrogen tank for a recreational player. thanks for any help you can give me steve

Big_Chops
12-25-2003, 07:46 PM
crossfire makes some nice cheap reliable tanks. and i have no clue what to tell you on the bolt stick. besides do a search and try some of the ways others have solved their bolt stick problems.

Big_Chops
12-25-2003, 07:47 PM
o yea and welcome to Ao and the mag family:D

ChucktheMAGician
12-26-2003, 12:06 AM
If it is bolt stick and you are using a level 7 bolt, going to the next larger powertube spacer should fix it. Oh and welcome to AO, enjoy the Ride!:)

welt
12-27-2003, 10:39 AM
Was the co2 tank an anti-siphoned tank and if so was the ani siphon pointing up? If not and it was just a regular co2 tank then you probably froze up some o-rings 'cause it sucked up nothing but liquid co2. The worse thing you can do is use a regular co2 tank with a bottom line set up. What's the temp where you live? Either ani-siphon it or take off the bottom line and hook it up vertically, until you get a nitro anyways.

GreySquirrel1218
12-27-2003, 12:12 PM
My tank is just a regualr 12 oz.. not sure if its a anti siphon or what its been too long since i bought it and it doesnt say anything on it that'll tell me. Right now im running my co2 through a expansion/gas trhough foregrip chamber then a 18 inch hose to the back. after watching the video about it, im gonna try a powervalve spacer kit and go from there, because soon as i pushed teh bolt back i could shoot it, and it would not leak, i am worried about the co2 and am getting nitrogen asap..but whats a decent size to get? i'm used to throwing in a 12 and 9 oz and going all day on it with my spyders most of the time i dont even use up all of the 12, any recommendations? thanks for all your help steve

mcveighr
12-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Nice looking mag, I would get a spacer kit and a 68/3000 Crossfire or PMI whatever you can get in your area. A 68 wont last all day but it gets more shots than a 48 and it's a nice size tank.

Get a fibre tank if its in your budget, and a fill nipple cover, that will keep dirt out of your tank and save you some money in the future.

Congrats on buying the mag.

welt
12-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I can kick myself in the *** for getting a 45/45. It doesn't last long and when you get it filled it's usually a hot fill so by the time you get ready to play there's only 3600 in it instead of 4500. You will sincerely regret it if you get anything smaller than a 68/45. A 68/5000 would be even better. If you only play at the paintball field where they'll fill it than a 45/45 would be alright.

abarnhar
12-27-2003, 10:16 PM
I had some problems with misfiring (double or none) when my trigger frame was jiggling loose during play. Make sure it's tightened down and put a couple of small drops of blue loctite on the frame screw. Make sure your frame screw has a good head on it so you can unscrew it without stripping it out first.