PDA

View Full Version : Main Body Rail

Albino7738
12-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Where can i get a colored body rail? Im looking for a nickel/chrome color or is there someway i can remove the finish from the stock one? I found an e-mag body rail would that fit a classic mag?

Also input pressure for a mag should be around 800-850 so that a preset high input tank would work fine.

Thanks.

lbonettosd
12-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Some Fine steel wool and a little elbow grease followed by some aluminum polish will turn the black rail into a nice and shiny polished rail. I've also heard of people using Easy Off oven cleaner to take the anodized color out of aluminum, but i've never personally tried it. And yes the high output range (800-900psi) on the HPA tanks is the correct one for mags.

Methos
12-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah, preset in that range will work just fine. I recommend the crossfire tanks personally, but get opinons all around and make up your own mind. =)

If you want to have your rail ano'd clear or chromed send it off to someone who has the tools, otherwise if you just want to shine it up yourself, I recommend nitric acid or stripping compounds (like found at caswellplating.com).

Keep in mind those are all highly caustic chemicals and require some care in use(gloves, a prepped work area, etc.)

Otherwise if you are looking to buy a chromed rail, you can find Chrome Omega rails that are real nice and light. These are harder to find now as they stopped making them a few months ago. I have one on my classic and its a beauty! (I may be parting this gun out soon though since I got my emag and species)

Ginjiroku
12-26-2003, 02:51 PM
a preset tank will be fine.