PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Edge system.. got some probs..

felony
12-25-2003, 09:36 PM
Hey guys...

I just opened up my Edge I got for Christmas... and I got a prob or two.

First of all, I have never used WGP/ A/C threads.. so is there supposed to be an oring on the back sections that screw into the gun?

The front section looks far far more polished then the rear sections. Is this true for other users of the edge? The backs look more like my stock model 98 barrel's bore rather then my bigshot bore... lmk on this one

Lastly, my .693 back has a few scratches on the inside of the bore. I cannot believe this one, any idea if paintball discounters can help me out with this one short of buying a new back. looking to call them tomarrow, just lmk though

dan

11_Mile_TMaster
12-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Yes, You'll want O-Rings for the backs. The O-Rings for Automag barrels will work.

felony
12-25-2003, 10:00 PM
thanks for quick response..

anyone else got any info other the other probs?

thanks in advance

dan

DiRTyBuNNy
12-25-2003, 10:07 PM
to answer your question...no, the barrels were not designed with an o-ring groove but most people still use them to keep the barrels snug tight so they don't loosen from vibration..

adam shannon
12-25-2003, 10:17 PM
i tried an o-ring on my freaks (boo hiss, sold), and now the scepter kits...i had problems with allignment with an o-ring. now without, no problems. ive been told by others that there isnt a need to run an o-ring on cocker threads.

cphilip
12-25-2003, 10:27 PM
I don't run any on mine but thats just me.

FreakBaller12
12-25-2003, 10:55 PM
i think the oring is for some barrels
my friends always comes loose, and then other cocker guys i know i haven't heard any complaints

Sparq
12-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Try it without and see what you think...I had a stock and a CP for my old minicocker. The CP was fine without an O-ring, but the stock barrel would vibrate loose fairly often.

felony
12-25-2003, 10:58 PM
cool, thanks for the info on the oring..

you guys got any info on the bore of the barrel? like I said, the tip is smooth as can be, but the backs just dont look right..

ideas?

dan

personman
12-26-2003, 12:48 AM
My backs look fine and dandy.
Um, about the orings my edge vibrates loose quite easily, actually, so I put an oring on the tip. I havent put anything on the backs though, they vibrate loose, but as long as I make sure the barrel is on good every once in a while (this has become a habit for me) then its all good.