PDA

View Full Version : Leak on a MM

Anthraxx
12-25-2003, 10:38 PM
I have this horrid leak out the barrel. I have a MM valve w/LX and I have 3 shims and a .5 carrier. I replaced orings in the on/off thinking that was it. When I take the LX out and reinstall the L7 bolt I get no leak but the bolt fails to recock. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Dayspring
12-25-2003, 10:40 PM
Put the level 10 back in just how you had it.

Put your finger in the breech & wiggle the bolt. If you push it back and it stops, it's a shim leak- remove one.

If it continues to leak, but changes sound, it's a carrier leak- go down a size.

Anthraxx
12-26-2003, 01:39 AM
So far that helped somewhat. I am down to a 0 carrier and 2 shims and still get a leak. Fired almost a case of paint thru it after making changes and on every recock it leaks, even if yoyu pull the trigger slightly it will not stop.

Evil1
12-26-2003, 02:20 AM
Take the carrier out and put oil on the oring inside. Now fire the gun a couple hundred times. The leak should stop, but if if doesn't keep messing w/ it. When I first purchased my LX I thought it sucked, but I kept playing w/ it till I got it right and now it shoots w/ no problems and has been for the last 8 months.