PDA

View Full Version : more AGD sponsored teams posting on this site would be nice.

skipdogg
09-06-2001, 03:05 PM
AGD. i know Jax warriors have a periodic poster on this site, but what about other sponsored teams?
Like SWARM. and the SOB's. i think the mix of teams would give good tourney insight.
also, Swarm rocks! they were my idols when i got started in pball. Greatest bunch of guys you could ever meet. they hooked me into the mag family :D

zvanut
09-06-2001, 03:14 PM
up for that, it would be nice to have some pros on here more often.

thecavemankevin
09-06-2001, 03:25 PM
Well, Jax wariors post once in a blue moon, but there aren't too many other AGD sponsored teams out there.

ReTroMagBoy
09-06-2001, 09:03 PM
team Rave does too!

DJTmRave3
09-06-2001, 09:40 PM
I play for Team Rave. We are proudly sponsored by AGD. Have been for over a year now. We are not pro yet...hehehe. We are playing local 10-man, 5-man, and 3-man tourneys around us. Hope to get to atleast 2 NPPL events next year.

deweasel697
09-06-2001, 11:25 PM
Go team Rave!!!!!!

SteveD
09-07-2001, 08:29 AM
Well there's at least one S.O.B. lurking out here (me).

raehl
09-07-2001, 09:15 AM
They were at the first big tournament the University of Illinois was ever in way back in... 1999 I think. 7-man at Sudden Impact. We needed them to max their last game to get into the finals, and they were kind enough to deliver for us. Kinda cool when 7 guys who have only a three-man or two under their belts do so well.

As for sponsorred teams posting, if AGD wants to sponsor some college teams, I'll make 'em post. ;) (Hell, I'm "making" reps from four colleges drive hours to BBT this saturday, getting them to post should be a piece of cake.)

- Chris Raehl
National Collegiate Paintball Association
www.college-paintball.com
www.high-school-paintball.com

rt_81
09-07-2001, 09:19 AM
there is also team piere presure up in the northland (minnesota). i know one of the guys, not sure if they post here or not.

RT

duffman
09-07-2001, 10:01 AM
i play for team swarm.i post every now and then

skipdogg
09-07-2001, 10:59 AM
Nice an SOB and a SWARM member. maybe you guys could keep us up to date on tourney's your playing, and how you do. Also what type of mags are u shooting?
Raehl - are you heading to AGD for the tour in November??

BTW is Roger still alive and kickin on SWARM?

duffman
09-07-2001, 11:07 AM
roger no longer plays for swarm.we all shoot emags

Nitroduck
09-07-2001, 12:37 PM
Question for both SOBs and Swarm if you read it : Why havent I seen your team(s) play any NPPL action lately? You always used to rip it up......

duffman
09-07-2001, 01:16 PM
a lot of swarm left this year so we have been rebuilding.swarm will be at world cup and possible be playing ten man next year

SteveD
09-07-2001, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Nitroduck
Question for both SOBs and Swarm if you read it : Why havent I seen your team(s) play any NPPL action lately? You always used to rip it up......

After we (the S.O.B.'s) won the series and world cup in '99 we were more than disappointed with the lack of prizes (our life blood) from that tourney and couldn't get enthused about doing the whole series the next year. We did do the 2000 NPPL Chicago tourney (took 2nd) because Renick has always run a great event and has always been good to the players. This year we lost a bunch of players to other teams offering a free ride so we're just going to play some smaller 5-mans for awhile.

SteveD

RiceRocket
09-07-2001, 02:14 PM
Aftershock represented. I read most of the time, but have contributed before.

skipdogg
09-07-2001, 02:38 PM
Rice Rocket = any original LOD members still on the team??

RiceRocket
09-07-2001, 03:53 PM
skipdogg

I'm not sure, but I doubt it. I was taken on the beginning of 2000. Mike Bruno would probably be considered as the only original founder left and I think he came from IL Scream.

DJTmRave3
09-07-2001, 10:12 PM
hey manny....didnt you play in N'tense Sports 3-man in Bowling Green, KY in April? I was there with Rave. I think we were the only team to take you that day. Of course one of your guys got pulled on a questionable call off the break, but none the less....great ballin!!!

RiceRocket
09-08-2001, 06:35 AM
Yep, that was me. Great little tournament. Congrats, by the way, on your team's past success - 10-man in May. That was me that got pulled from the start of the game. It was a good call, I turned a fired early going off the start of my timer instead of the official's. Good luck the rest of the year.

DJTmRave3
09-08-2001, 04:09 PM
Thanks. We Won the PRA 10-man at Halfway Paintball in Scottsville, KY in July. We were proud of that one. I believe in our game against yall in the finals, I was the last one left that got a mutual on the guy that came to bunker me. I was also the one who took the snake on Last Word in the finals, but missed the guy I had broad side that would have won us the game. Hope is see ya around at some more tourneys. PRA is having another 10-man the first weekend in Oct. You need to get a crew up and come down.

Cya on the field