PDA

View Full Version : Morlocked E-Mag having Full Auto issues?

xrancid_milkx
12-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Recently my E-Mag has been going into runaway mode after a trigger walk or a couple of quick shots. I have it in tourny mode and it will still have these issues. I have also reseted to factory defualts multiple times in hopes to solve the problem.

Changing trigger configurations doesn't fix the problem either, it just makes it harder to accomplish.

Anyone know whats causing this?

ChucktheMAGician
12-26-2003, 10:22 PM
I wonder if it's like the possible problem w/ 3.2? Magnetism from the solenoid activating the HES. Just a though and perhaps worth a read;) http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114264&highlight=3.2

Tunaman
12-26-2003, 10:25 PM
check for a worn or broken on/off pin. The sear is probably ready for a new one too. Full auto WILL take its toll a little faster than semi...;) :D

xrancid_milkx
12-27-2003, 01:36 AM
Well thats the weird thing, It has never done this before. And I have never used full auto with air either. It will do this in Semi-auto Tourney mode and will when it does go into runaway I can usually stop it with a pull of the trigger. Although in one occasion I had to turn it off to make it stop.

I'll check for sear wear but I'm almost positive its not that since when its doing this the Morlock boards light it blinking insanely fast, meaning its registering constant, continious shots.

I'm stumped :confused:

BlackVCG
12-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Input pressure? (100% sure it's below 1K psi?)

Field strip screw tight? (Tighten with allen wrench)

On/Off pin correct length? (.712" for all brass on/off assembly and .725" w/ aluminum top)

Sear wear? (Check with a new sear to see if it has considerable wear)

xrancid_milkx
12-27-2003, 07:04 PM
I have a full scuba to fill off and still have this problem.

I have both pin lengths and assemblies as well.

And after checking the sear I can't see any damage other than a wear mark on the upper face of the sear. The point is still undamaged.

I wondering if my board is acting up?

Aegis
12-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Not a morlock guy, so I don't know how it reacts to dryfire, but does the light still blink that fast without air? If the Morlock is lighting up shots that seems to isolate it to the board, sear issues would cause shots w/o board input. I think.

xrancid_milkx
12-28-2003, 01:03 AM
Actually yes.

I sat down after reading your post a tried it. After a good couple of minutes of trying, boom, full auto.

I'm going paintballing tomorrow and hopefully it won't act up. Worst comes to worse I will have to play in Mech Mode.

Southpaw
12-28-2003, 09:26 AM
Sounds like a "noisy" HES to me check out the link above.

PUDBUDZ
12-29-2003, 09:17 AM
did you try swapping the solinoid wires?....i had the same problem....this fixed it!