PDA

View Full Version : Lightest and Tightest...The Bullit Mag.

M-a-s-sDriver
12-27-2003, 12:42 AM
Here you go. My latest baby. This is my work gun. It kills.
Most of this stuff thanks to Classicmagger.
Most unusual are the carbon fiber grips, and the carbon fiber foregrip. X-valve, ULT,ULE body, no-rise clamping feedneck,Roquerail,unimount,KAPP swivels,Freak with Stiffi tip,I-frame, Halo B Ripped Z, Lithium Ion batteries.
This gun is THE mech warrior.
You can't make it lighter.
Brent Jackson.

M-a-s-sDriver
12-27-2003, 12:43 AM

Ryknow
12-27-2003, 12:47 AM
...stiffi tip? Thats bad! I bet I could make it lighter! ehh.. ok so I couldnt, unless you got a revy or egg.

Coolest mag I have seen in a long time. nice job.

SpecialBlend2786
gettin rid of that halo would make it lighter :p. But i dont think that would be a good idea with an X-valve.

edit: aaahhh, Ryknow beat me to it

Big_Chops
o yes u can. you could always use a revy. they are lighter;)

SpecialBlend2786
12-27-2003, 12:49 AM
ok thats freaky...3 posts at the same time. lol.

personman
12-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Yea, I was gonna say, that halo probally wieghs more than the gun.

-=Squid=-
12-27-2003, 01:10 AM
you could ditch the freak altogethor and just put a stiffi on there...you CAN make it lighter ;)

Ginjiroku
12-27-2003, 01:19 AM
where did you get the carbon fiber grips and foregrip?

M-a-s-sDriver
12-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Man...you guys are tough.
Happy Now?
Althought the rev looks smaller, it actually sits higher than the Halo.
Spruced it up with a little pipe-age.
Why the Halo? I can eat a Rev alive, and I hate the things. And Eggs are just so...Karson from *****-eye.
Brent.

M-a-s-sDriver
12-27-2003, 01:33 AM
The .45 panels were custom made for me by a guy in Sacramento,and are the only ones I have ever seen. They are from a thick carbon panel.
The foregrip is possibly the most expensive grip ever. Here is the rundown:
Real Carbon fiber cigar tube from Site Mfg, $50
12 foot 15/16" solid aluminum rod, of which I used a piece 3/4 inch long, $27
Aircraft Industry grade epoxy, 2 quarts, $160
Tap and drill I mysteriously lost and had to replace, $18
2 stainless steel hex screws, $1
Decent drill press, which I needed to buy anyway, $250
You add it up...if I do I will vomit.
The result of this labor of love is a foregrip that weighs less than 10 paintballs. Really.
I need to get this gun on a scale sometime.
Brent.

phantomhitman
12-27-2003, 01:47 AM
very very very very nice!!!! :D
maybe you should use the rest of the leftovers to make some more carbon grips or foregrips. I would buy it if it was gas thru :rolleyes: , then again I am still the only person to still use gas thrus :cool: . nice marker, vvery very very...........ok you get the point.

Wes Janson
12-27-2003, 02:13 AM
I can cut the weight of that gun by half with just two words...

Remote. Coil.

Ryknow
12-27-2003, 02:50 AM
I win. I win. I win. :-P

laxkid
12-27-2003, 03:08 AM
get the rail milled or get a ule rail

Tunaman
12-27-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by laxkid
get the rail milled or get a ule rail Read his first post silly. He has a RogueRail on there. It doesnt get any lighter...;) :D

Wc Keep
12-27-2003, 10:40 AM
damn i want one of those foregrips. any chance you can make one to fit a stock rail?

TheDuelist
12-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Yeah you might be on to something there. I'd be interested in one as well. That is one schweet mag.

Automaggin2
12-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Wow man that is sweet. Looks like your foregrip is a real hit, maybe u can find a way to produce them cheap and sell them

GT
12-27-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by M-a-s-sDriver

Brent Jackson.

the foregrip is very nice! You can make it abit lighter......:D

mag-hatter
12-27-2003, 01:19 PM
nice mag.

to make it lighter you could get an agd flatline tank those things weigh next to nothing! i have one on my impulse and i notice about a fourth of a pound's difference between it and my old maxflow tank.

Mango
12-27-2003, 02:19 PM
Very sweet project there! I'm curious though, why is everyone so obsessed with lightness?!?! That mag didn't weigh much to begin with.

logamus
12-27-2003, 02:29 PM
that is a very cool mag. the cabon fibre stuff is greatness.

Ginjiroku
12-27-2003, 02:57 PM
The .45 panels were custom made for me by a guy in Sacramento,and are the only ones I have ever seen. They are from a thick carbon panel.
You add it up...if I do I will vomit.
The result of this labor of love is a foregrip that weighs less than 10 paintballs. Really.
I need to get this gun on a scale sometime.
Brent.
I just vomited, I added it up.

sneakyhacker420
12-27-2003, 03:35 PM
sweet jesus thats one expensive foregrip :eek:

Cryer
12-27-2003, 03:50 PM

Why?

Ginjiroku
12-27-2003, 04:19 PM
if I had the money and tools I would do it becuase carbon fiber is cool and light and just awsome but that would be my reason for making a really expensive carbon firber foregrip.

FreakBaller12
12-27-2003, 05:29 PM
how hard was it and expensive was it to make the carbon fiber parts

Cryer
12-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Ginjiroku
if I had the money and tools I would do it becuase carbon fiber is cool and light and just awsome but that would be my reason for making a really expensive carbon firber foregrip.

I like light, too. But are a few ounces worth several hundred dollars? Not in my book. Plus, Carbon fiber is actually kinda ugly...:confused:

Pariel
12-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Most of that stuff can be used to do something other than what he did with it, so I don't really think that it was a waste of money. Plus, just being able to say that is INSANE.

M-a-s-sDriver
12-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Why, you ask?
Because I could.
For any one that really pushes the front play,(because I got no game from there on back) trying to get to 50's or even opposing 40's, you know how important it is to get a light gun. I have much more success getting up front if I play with my Phantom versus my Mag.
But I just did this as a project gun. Also, I was able to trade a bunch of stuff away I haven't used in years, so the gun was almost free, allowing me to spend money on one unique item. And like Pariel says, I can use most of this stuff elsewhere in my business.
Also, for Cryer's opinion, notice the gun is all black, not flashy. It's not meant to be pretty. I built it to kick A55.
But that's OK, I know you're jeolous.
I do think it's notable that the money seems out of line, yet people will pay a grand for a gun, then pay $300 or more for the same gun to have some fancy milling, with absolutely zero performance gain whatsover.
Takes all kinds I guess.
Brent.

paint magnet
12-27-2003, 09:04 PM
You know what really sucks, when you consider how much you spend on your lightweight foregrip?

The fact that it would still be lighter without it on there.

And if you bought a AM/MM rail milled from Logic Paintball (2 ounces) and then cut off the front of it right after the frame ended. And used a stock AGD CF frame with carbon fiber grips and cut off the trigger guard and safety to save weight, sawed off the front of the ULE body right where the threads start and got a 10" St!ffi barrel. Replace the HALO with a 9 volt revvie and somehow intellifeed it (chuff chuff :) ) and run a remote line directly into the valve (no ASA or anything, heck even cut out the quick disconnect on the remote :D ), saw the back of the rail off right after the field strip screw, and replace as many screws as you can with titanium ones. That would probably be lighter than a Phantom :eek:

M-a-s-sDriver
12-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Oooooo...titanium screws...stay tuned.
Brent.

Cryer
12-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Why, you ask?
Because I could.
For any one that really pushes the front play,(because I got no game from there on back) trying to get to 50's or even opposing 40's, you know how important it is to get a light gun. I have much more success getting up front if I play with my Phantom versus my Mag.
But I just did this as a project gun. Also, I was able to trade a bunch of stuff away I haven't used in years, so the gun was almost free, allowing me to spend money on one unique item. And like Pariel says, I can use most of this stuff elsewhere in my business.
Also, for Cryer's opinion, notice the gun is all black, not flashy. It's not meant to be pretty. I built it to kick A55.
But that's OK, I know you're jeolous.
I do think it's notable that the money seems out of line, yet people will pay a grand for a gun, then pay $300 or more for the same gun to have some fancy milling, with absolutely zero performance gain whatsover.
Takes all kinds I guess.
Brent.

Yeah, "to each his [or her] own" I guess... (I wasn't harping on ya, just a little confused to your motivation, i guess. Also, I was unaware you had a business, and thought you blew $160 on some glue just for your foregrip :rolleyes::p)

On a different note... I found this comment particularly piquant: (I just had to laugh)

Originally posted by paint magnet
You know what really sucks, when you consider how much you spend on your lightweight foregrip?

The fact that it would still be lighter without it on there.

personman
12-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Oooooo...titanium screws...stay tuned.
Brent.
Dude, titanium screws are going to save you like 5 grams max. What the hell?

M-a-s-sDriver
12-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Well, technically I DID by the stuff for the foregrip, but I have to have at least a halfa55ed excuse for the wife-unit.
And, I just thought I would look goofy holding on to the barrel with my left hand.
Brent.

GT
12-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Why, you ask?
Because I could.

Brent,
you and I need to chat. Got aim? I am on turb0minnow, I have a project idea......

laxkid
12-27-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Read his first post silly. He has a RogueRail on there. It doesnt get any lighter...;) :D

it was 4 am if you look and that wasnt when I woke up that was rate before I went to bed silly I could barely sit up I was so tired :p

Aegis
12-27-2003, 11:49 PM
That is a very elegant and original approach to the grail of low weight. There is always another way, as the posts indicate, but it is mostly talk. You have some action to back it up, and I like it.

Aegis
12-27-2003, 11:53 PM
Well, technically I DID by the stuff for the foregrip, but I have to have at least a halfa55ed excuse for the wife-unit.
And, I just thought I would look goofy holding on to the barrel with my left hand.
Brent.

I just re-read this - this is even more imressive from someone with a wife-unit. Assuming you plan on maintaining the wife-unit. Imagine the look on mine when you try to explain the virtue of a ULE-Trigger.

sneakyhacker420
12-28-2003, 12:20 AM
1. get the intelli switch mounts inside the trigger frame milled out

2. get a DYE titanium boomstick back

3. get a Stiffi carbon fiber boomstick front

4. use aluminum air fittings (instead of brass)

5. get a AGD flatline - they DO weigh next to nothing - when my 68/45 flatline is filled, its lighter than my empty PMI 68/45 screw-in :eek:

GT
12-28-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

2. get a DYE titanium boomstick back

I think the ti boomer back weighs the same as the ultralight back so I would also assume that there is very little difference in the weight of the freak back v. the ti boomer

paint magnet
12-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Brent.

"wife-unit" lol

I hold my mag (no foregrip) with my left hand under the bottom of the grip frame, but I guess it would depend on how your gun is set up. It's a little back heavy (what with a SS body, SS valve, unmilled rail and steel 68/3000 tank w/ no drop :D ) so it works quite well for me.

*edit* If you're looking for a lighter tank, Centerflag's screw in ones are the lightest I've found. If you want an adjustable one then go with a Mac Dev '03 Conquest or a Centerflag Dynaflo. The flatlines (at least IMO) are slightly heavier (talking a few ounces though) but the regs on them are much smaller.

ClassicMagger
12-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Hey Brent:

I like it bud. But you do need to get it to the scales one day here soon. So that people can actually SEE how light it is. I hope the cleaning of the garage with all of your other "junk" LOL "my treasures". Went well with the Mrs. But it looks good, bud. Hope it is running well.

CM

PUDBUDZ
12-28-2003, 09:37 PM
For those of you who want somthing similar check this out!
Carbon fiber parts (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117656)

coolcatpete
12-29-2003, 01:27 PM
I have never seen just a stiffi tip for a freak, so my question is where did you get that stiffi tip.
Thanks Pete

GT
12-29-2003, 01:29 PM
cool go to site mfg's website

Put me down for one of those foregrips depending on price.

coolcatpete
12-29-2003, 01:37 PM
This may be a stupid question but I cant find the URL to mfg's website, so could I trouble you for that.
Pete.

sneakyhacker420
12-29-2003, 01:40 PM
www.sitemfg.com

Tim Taylor
12-31-2003, 12:11 AM
ACP makes carbon fiber tubing in various sizes and at $24 for a 29.5" (9/16" ID) section you could make 5 or 6 grips. Aluminum plugs are cheap and a drill press is a nice to have not a necessity.

Nice Mag!

tony3
01-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

5. get a AGD flatline - they DO weigh next to nothing - when my 68/45 flatline is filled, its lighter than my empty PMI 68/45 screw-in :eek:

A 68/45 conquest would be lighter.....wait hes got a mag....damn the conquests low pressureness

Major Ho
06-28-2004, 07:17 PM
It just dawned on me that M-a-s-sDriver came up with a carbon fiber theme well before me.
His is the uber hotness btw. Im sure it weighs about 2 lbs lighter at least too :)

TraXeR
06-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Holy crap old post...

But just to let you know, to make it lighter, you could use the revvy, get a 10 inch stiffi barrel, get a 45 45 fibre tank, and i think the logic rail is lighter than the roguerail. That could shave off a good 6+ oz's (assuming i know anything about how much it weighs right now).

WARPED1
06-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Brent Jackson.
Yes you can. Get rid of the HALO, get the EGG, you don't need it for a mech really anyway.

50 cal
06-28-2004, 07:53 PM
The carbon fiber parts really set it off. Good job!

paint magnet
06-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Why, you ask?
Takes all kinds I guess.
Brent.

Re-reading this thread, I would like to point out that there isn't 'zero performance gain' with milling, unless you think there isn't any point in spending a lot of money to shave ounces off your gun :D

EDIT- since you're not a fan of the eVLution loaders, if you want to save weight but still have a faster feed rate than a Revolution, you could either Intellifeed your revvie or buy a Ricochet Apache.

GoatBoy
06-28-2004, 11:35 PM
It's not THE mech warrior if the loader still uses batteries.

I bet you could also reduce the weight by not using an intelliframe.

Nice CF stuff though.

nicad
06-29-2004, 12:08 AM
didnt see any final weights.. did I miss it?
ya cant really claim to have the lightest mag and not post any weights.. :-p

everything minus the barrel, tank, and hopper.
cool?

out!