PDA

View Full Version : 2 Piece Barrels + Cocker

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Ok...This is a very tricky problem that took me a loooong time to fix. We all know how i don't seem to be all that good with using barrels (getting my finger stuck to em and stuff like that) and well...i have another barrel problem. When you get a 2 piece barrel stuck in a cocker, and the tip comes off but the back doesn't...so i unscrewed the entire front block just to get the barrel out(which took me a pretty long time). I was just wondering if there was a better way to get that barrel out without having to use that one grip wrench (as seen on tv) thing.

FreakBaller12
12-27-2003, 05:33 PM
my friend had that exact same problem!
i think he ended up just tryign and trying and it eventually came loose, maybe he just got lucky

MarkM
12-27-2003, 05:58 PM
The gloves Paintball Junkies sell with the plasticized palms/fingers will grip the back section of the barrel..failing that you can buy a similar thing to the wrench for opening stiff jar lids that is just a rubberised coaster. The way to avoid it is to use an O ring on the threads as it will allow that little bit of movement you need....if it happens at other times of the year leave your 'cocker in the sun to let it warm up a little...the barrel will come off easier then. Stuck barrels like this only tends to happen in the colder months ;)

poolshark5226
12-27-2003, 06:23 PM
I think the real solution is to ditch the cocker:)

But yeah, usually an O-ring helps

Bad_Dog
12-27-2003, 06:39 PM
I was thinking, if your going to machine it out of aluminum instead of bending a tube, maby you could make it flow with the body. If you notice the ovalness of the area that the feed neck threads into can you try to make the adapter fit that ovalness or kind of blend into the body to make it look like one piece?

MarkM
12-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Bad_Dog
I was thinking, if your going to machine it out of aluminum instead of bending a tube, maby you could make it flow with the body. If you notice the squareness of the area that the feed neck threads into can you try to make the adapter fit that squareness or kind of blend into the body to make it look like one piece?
Bad_Dog has attached this image:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1209239

Hit the wrong button? ;)

FutureMagOwner
12-27-2003, 06:44 PM
huh?

anyway if its a barrel with the back having some kinda hole like a freak stick a pencil or something in and use that like a thing that twists stuff

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-27-2003, 06:45 PM
wait...what is he talking about?

personman
12-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Well, if your barrel has an oring on there, take it off. If it doesnt I guess you could try greasing or oiling the threads or maybe even sanding them down? (try at your own risk)

TheDoveDecends
12-27-2003, 07:35 PM
I had that same problem today when i went to take someones cocker barrel off to use on my ULE.

Just kinda played with it and it came off.

slushee
12-27-2003, 10:33 PM
yeah .. what was he talking about????

:confused:

afrankart
12-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Do not, I repeat do not modify the threads on your barrel or the breach. This will lead to problems with the barrel possibly not lining up paralell to the breach. Always use an oring and if necessary, apply a few drops of oil to the threads every time you play.

Carbon
12-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Put an oring on the barrel back, and use some Slick Tite, it is an anit-seize compound. A little bottle will last quite a while. Apply a really thin coat on the barrel threads. Screw the barrel in all the way snug, dont hulk it in there, jut let the oring catch. You can use multiple orings if it helps.

Or if ya want you can lube your threads with some gun oil. Agin a really thin coat.

goodluck.

-edit

LeatherPants
12-28-2003, 01:38 AM
Go to Home Depot and find an oring that fits. It's really the only way on a cocker to make barrel removal easy.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-28-2003, 03:38 AM
k, i put a oring on the barrel...i don't want to waste my precious auto lube! i'll go find something else. went to walgreens and bought the grip wrench so that will help me a lot of stuck regulators or hard to get non gripping objects that are stuck.

SpecialBlend2786
12-28-2003, 03:48 AM
lol this is why i always use a 1-piece on mine.